1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

- This is a Muppet News Plug -

Skeeter has a large part in my fan-fic What on the other side, in which she is caving, diving, and paractising kung-fo. If you are interested the fan-fic is to be found here.

- In other news...
  2. HPDJ

HPDJ Member

Skeeter is also going to be in "Muppets Big Brother 2"!
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Is there any way of gettting a list of who did what voices in the movies. Especially with the talent having gne through such a transition since the deaths of Jim and Richard.
  4. Evil Muppetman

Evil Muppetman New Member

I never liked here, but i did prefer Baby Bunson and Baby Beaker over the muppet show version.
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How could you not like Skeeter?
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

She was annoying ( yes i am Evil and the Crypt)
  7. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'll tell ya why she wasn't a Muppet... cuz Howie Mandell did her voice! And Howie Mandell does not deserve to have anything to do with the Muppets.
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I guess it is too late. If heprovided the voice he all ready does.
  9. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I always loved Skeeter, but that is besides the point. Though I liked her better when Frank Welker took over her voice since I find Howie Mandell annoying.

For a while it really looked like they were trying to make her a regular Muppet. Skeeter was a featured character in Muppet Kids (which never made it to TV), the McDonald's toys for that set and she was also featured in a set of books with the rest of the gang. I have always wondered if all those products hadn't come out right before Henson's death if she wouldn't have become a bigger deal.

The Muppets now a days are definately in need of some new (and more importantly) strong female characters and Miss Piggy can't hold the entire weight of that.

I would love to see Skeeter come back. I have always thought Karen Prell would be perfect for her.
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

OMG! Yes! Karen Prell for Skeeter! Perrrfect!!!

We definatly need more females in the Muppets...Skeeter would be lovely!
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Have we ever seen Skeeter as anything but a baby
  12. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

She was about 10 or so in all of these thing and in the books she looked like a teen.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I wish I would have seen these
  14. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Not that this will be halping much, but I used to own thses Muppet Kids books, and I think they did a great job on making Skeeter look older. Me personally didn't think she looked like a teen but she could have been a teen just playing a kid. I know I overanalize stuff but I do love Skeeter she's one of my fave muppet charecters. I think it's the fact that she is mysterious is why I think that's why a lot of us has this fasionatition for her charecter. Um... I think if there wasn't a mistery I don't think she would be talked about as much, but this is just my opinion. :)
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Is Skeeter really a Muppet?
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

are you saying maybe she passed away b4 the Muppet show
  17. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I have an insane theory... It involves a forbidden childhood crush on a blue weirdo followed by a divorce of parents that drove the twins apart....;)
  18. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Well my thory was that maybe something happened to Scooter and Skeeter's parents, what I'm not sure of, and maybe JP was left with the responabltie of raiseing them, but for soem reason didn't want Skeeter, But this might be a little far fetched.
  19. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

In my created backstory for Scooter for TM, he and Skeeter were raised by their uncle J.P. after the deaths of their parents. When Scooter went to the theatre and became Kermit's go-fer, Skeeter was getting ready for her trip to the Amazon. She left a week later, then two or three weeks after that came word that she had disappeared. Hence why Scooter isn't seen much in the first half or so of the first season; he and J.P. are trying to locate Skeeter.

-Kim
  20. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Makes sence. :)