Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

christyb

Reaction score
Here's a new thought....
I wonder if there was any intentions to bring in Skeeter into the Muppet Family. Others didn't appear until later shows (i.e. Pepe, Rizzo, etc) at least they didn't have major roles. Maybe Skeeter was going to be introduced (in adult form) at a later time and it just never happened. Then again maybe not. :confused:

maxdrive

Reaction score
Rizzo was a part of the muppet show not a big part but he was there he got his big break in MTM as the main rat that worked in the diner

christyb

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
Rizzo was a part of the muppet show not a big part but he was there he got his big break in MTM as the main rat that worked in the diner
I know. Besides it was just a thought. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Robin as a tadpole thing kind of always bothered me in that it made them so close in age. I would like to see Statler and Waldorf. I vaguley remember the babies mentioning Uncle Statler and Uncle Waldorf (which I thought was very cool), or maybe it was Nanny talking to them on the phone as they were her friends, but I never saw them. Pictures would be cool. On a twisted side note, what kind of relationship did they torture baby Fozzie with?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The Robin as a tadpole thing kind of always bothered me in that it made them so close in age. I would like to see Statler and Waldorf. I vaguley remember the babies mentioning Uncle Statler and Uncle Waldorf (which I thought was very cool), or maybe it was Nanny talking to them on the phone as they were her friends, but I never saw them. Pictures would be cool. On a twisted side note, what kind of relationship did they torture baby Fozzie with?
I had never really thought about the similarity in age, but I agree with you. If Kermit was in his early 20's, in theory Robin would be in his mid-to-late teens during "TMS."

MeepEeep

Reaction score
Bunsen & Beaker

Speaking of Bunsen & Beaker's visits to the nursery. I remember there was one episode, where Rowlf played the tune to Row Row, Row Your Boat. Then Beaker sang along in meeps, like "Meep meep meepmeep meep, meep meep meep meep meeeeeep!"

unclematt

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
They did do Baby Janice for one episode. I still haven't seen that one; any help?

BJ

Has anyone seen this one? I dont remember a Baby Janice.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:

HERES WALDORF

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I haven't been here in ages.
To clear up some points...
1 Imagine Statler and Waldorf from TMS, exactly as they appeared on TMS, but in animated form. That's how they appeared on Muppet Babies.
2 Baby Janice didn't make an a ppearance on Muppet Babies, cause technically she wasn't called "Baby Janice". She was more of a young toddler, she could already read which was something the other Muppet Babies hadn't mastered at that point, and she was friends with Baby Bean Bunny. That was sorta the point of the episode. Forget the name of it, but it was one where Baby Bean wanted to hear the tale of Peter Cottontail. Toddler Janice came into the nursery for the day and said she could read. The others were kinda surprised, and Janice went on to read and play Mother Cottontail. Of course, Piggy couldn't bear to be outdone, so she was playing a dueling Mother Cottontail to Janice's version.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Strange. I heard that Skeeter had to teach Janice how to read.