Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Was that before or after Skeeter got sent to the Amazon? :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Before. And she wasn't sent.

My belief is that Skeeter became a journelist and went to the Amazon to study something.

However, on the questian of her ever becoming a Muppet. I think she will. One day, she will. We just have to wait and see. But I know there is a Lot of interest from Muppet Fans for a Skeeter Muppet. She'll come eventually.

Also, someone else I'd like to see is Robin's dad, Kermit's brother.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Count said:
There's also a sighting of her behind the stairs in the home movies segment of MFC, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.
I have got to check this out, I'm gonna' watch tonight and I'll report what I find.
The Count said:
Imagine Statler and Waldorf from TMS, exactly as they appeared on TMS, but in animated form. That's how they appeared on Muppet Babies.
Here's the age thing that bothers me, yes I know MB isn't considered Muppet Canon, but still, that crushes this age variable. Like McFraggle said, if Robin was around when Kermit was a toddler, he'd be in his late teens by TMS, and if :sleep: & :boo: appear as their same age in the cartoon, they'd be nearly 100 by TMS! I know it's not true Muppet history, I know I know, but that sort of thing just always got me.
As far as Skeeter is concerned, the direction Disney seems to be taking the Muppets, I wouldn't be surprised if she made it into the regular cast, or at least explained, I think that would be very cool, and make a lot of fans happy too.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, after the rumor of Skeeter hiding in MFC in the Muppet Babies home video scene as stated by the Count, I watched said scene at least nine times and I can report with complete confidence, that if Skeets is in MFC, she is not in this scene. However, here are a few little things I did notice of interest that you may or may have not known:
* Baby Piggy is holding a Kermit plush, the Kermit plush is of Kermit as an adult though... weird, huh?
* Baby Scooter is holding a candy cane.
* Bunsen is watching the film, but Beaker is not with him. :confused:
* This scene takes place relatively early in the movie before the house really starts to get crowded, so it's really just the immediate Muppet family who's there, but guess who's got a seat right in front of the projector all cozy with the classics... Marvin Suggs.

Having studied just this section so thoroughly, I can tell you that I believe there are TONS of Easter Eggs in this classic, and I am now going to make it a point to really study this film and find them. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Vic, I think they were saying that a baby Janice is seen in MFC

DerekJ

Reaction score
But anyway, to answer the question after a year and a half--
The Saturday-morning network execs "needed" Skeeter as a positive female character in the cartoon, as the only single solitary other one in the cast was Baby Piggy, who clearly wasn't. :mad:

And as for Bean Bunny, this would've been around the time that Richard Hunt was retiring from (AIDS-related?) illness, so--even though "Tale of the Bunny Picnic" hadn't raised any particular blips on HBO's radar--Jim was planning to use Steve Whitmire's Bean as the official Scooter "replacement" go-fer in all future Show-related canon...
As evidenced by "Muppets Tonight", and the Disney park attraction.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wait a minute, are you saying Jim was anticipating Richard's death? That doesn't sound right, and beside, both Richard and Jim were both alive for MuppetVision 3d, Richard died after Jim, and Muppets Tonight was created after Jim died. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think your sources are incorrect.

DerekJ

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Wait a minute, are you saying Jim was anticipating Richard's death? That doesn't sound right, and beside, both Richard and Jim were both alive for MuppetVision 3d, Richard died after Jim, and Muppets Tonight was created after Jim died. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think your sources are incorrect.
By the nature of what illness it turned out to be, it was fairly lingering, and had a few years' warning--
As is tradition with TV series, Jim let Rich direct the final episode of "Fraggle Rock" in '87-'88, possibly as a "retirement" present...And although Hunt's death wasn't until '92, he was reportedly already hospitalized when they had to record Statler's animatronic voice for the MV3D post-production in '90, and it was one of his last official contributions for the group. :boo: