Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that TV Land would make a lot more sense than PBS. But honestly, I think that ABC Family would be a good fit too. I mean, if you're gonna put ANYTHING on ABC Family to see if it would float, then put the Muppet Movies on whatever night you're gonna put movies on, OR put them on the Wonderful World of Disney hosted by the Muppets. At least see what the ratings are in the target group of 18-49 of those movies, and judge from there whether people would still like to see the Muppets on TV again. Like I said, they have the nostalgia factor on their side(Look at all the movies that are being made of 80s shows)

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that TV Land would make a lot more sense than PBS. But honestly, I think that ABC Family would be a good fit too.

The best thing that could happen now would be for Disney to let Comcast or someone else have Muppet Show episodes free on demand. You'd think with the trillions of cable "choices" on TV, one station would be able to bookend the series, even for a little while. But then again, they basically just run stunt programming, thus ruining their original channel ideas. VH! the alternative to MTV because the Let's get every d list celebrity from the 80's to do a campy reality show for camp value.

I still don't get the appeal of the 800 sports channels that don't even AIR sports events. Maybe the occasional ping pong tournament from Israel, or the Swedish X-Games... but no actual sporting events from the US.

obeydrx

Reaction score
I disagree with the ABCFamily concept solely for the fact that the network has become probably one of the most amoral, filthy "family" networks I've ever seen. Pretty sad that the FOX network did a better job running it than Disney does now.