Vic Romano's Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic said:
I'll re-send it tomorrow. If I have to, I'll send it from my personal e-mail. FraggleMuppet had some problems with my Yahoo account too.
Alright, cool, thanks Vic! :big_grin: And take your time!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ha ha! Well, I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be here!
Drat....

I mean, er...Hi Dave. *shifty eyes*

Sorry to have missed out on the last two Visuals. I think Writing on the Wall is poinient and beautifull...and I snorted tea-out my nose at the Flaming Prawn. And I think that about says it all when it comes to vous and vous' visuals. If it doesn't make one stop and think and sigh and remanice, it makes one blow tea (or coffee, or soda) out of the nostrils.

Thanks man!

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? Bo won't be leaving soon? Drat, er, *shifty eyes.

Hey Dave, dropped you a message through the forums, hope to hear from you soon. And sorry for the badgering, is okay if you need to take your time in replying.
*Brings in coffee for Dave.

Victore

Reaction score
victore

Hello to One and All,
It has been very interesting visiting - and now joining - this Muppet fansite. I've never been to one before or joined anything other than an online newspaper.
MY STORY:
Many years ago(23) I met Bonnie Erickson(sp?), a woman who had worked with Jim Henson and company, developing some of the Muppet characters.
To make a long story short - I'm an artist; she liked my work; thought it should be applied to the Muppets and enthusiastically arranged for me to meet one of Jim's then art directors.
Together we came up with an American Art History parody concept, the first being "NoMan Frogwell : Triple Self-Portrait".
(I'm not sure how I can share this image with you as I'm not skilled in electronic media but once I figure it out, I'll post it.)

This drawing won an Award of Merit at the 1987 Society of Illustrators Show; I was able to show it to Jim in his New York office shortly thereafter.
I went on to create 5 more drawings in the series - Mona Piga, Statue of Kermid, Van Gonzo, Gertrude Swine, and The Froger.

Unfortunately these images didn't have a place in Muppet plans at the time and I moved on to other projects.
Occasionally I've shown them in public and they are always warmly received. I have even created new versions of them - 7 of the "Frogwell" - for clients that had to have their own copy.

I'm thinking of showing these to the Muppet Holding Co. to get their response. Does anyone know who I should contact there?
Thanks for this forum,
Victor Anonsen

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Victore! I hope I can see your art in the future. God Bless You All.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wha? Bo won't be leaving soon? Drat, er, *shifty eyes.

Hey Dave, dropped you a message through the forums, hope to hear from you soon. And sorry for the badgering, is okay if you need to take your time in replying.
*Brings in coffee for Dave.
I didn't get any PM's, Ed. However, I'd love to share my personal e-mail with you though. I'll be in touch.

Hello to One and All,
It has been very interesting visiting - and now joining - this Muppet fansite. I've never been to one before or joined anything other than an online newspaper.
MY STORY:
Many years ago(23) I met Bonnie Erickson(sp?), a woman who had worked with Jim Henson and company, developing some of the Muppet characters.
To make a long story short - I'm an artist; she liked my work; thought it should be applied to the Muppets and enthusiastically arranged for me to meet one of Jim's then art directors.
Together we came up with an American Art History parody concept, the first being "NoMan Frogwell : Triple Self-Portrait".
(I'm not sure how I can share this image with you as I'm not skilled in electronic media but once I figure it out, I'll post it.)

This drawing won an Award of Merit at the 1987 Society of Illustrators Show; I was able to show it to Jim in his New York office shortly thereafter.
I went on to create 5 more drawings in the series - Mona Piga, Statue of Kermid, Van Gonzo, Gertrude Swine, and The Froger.

Unfortunately these images didn't have a place in Muppet plans at the time and I moved on to other projects.
Occasionally I've shown them in public and they are always warmly received. I have even created new versions of them - 7 of the "Frogwell" - for clients that had to have their own copy.

I'm thinking of showing these to the Muppet Holding Co. to get their response. Does anyone know who I should contact there?
Thanks for this forum,
Victor Anonsen
Wow! I'd love to hear more of your stories! And I'd be happy to show you how to post links to images too. On contacting MHC, good luck. I tried to get them just to look at some art for almost eight months. Even got a name and everything, but she was always "away" or "in a meeting" and I left dozens of voice mails and e-mails with absolutely no responses. :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! I'd love to hear more of your stories! And I'd be happy to show you how to post links to images too. On contacting MHC, good luck. I tried to get them just to look at some art for almost eight months. Even got a name and everything, but she was always "away" or "in a meeting" and I left dozens of voice mails and e-mails with absolutely no responses. :sympathy:
I remember that, Vic! I think that woman must have been fictional and programed to be away in various different ways. "At a meeting", "Gone home", "Out of the office", "In the bathroom."

Tsk tsk tsk.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Lol! Yeah, I used to rant to you about that everyday back when I was on MSN. That really drove me nuts that I couldn't even so much as get a "No"!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No Dave... Sent you the message through the forum's mailer. So if it hasn't reached your inbox, then I guess it'll be bounced back with a "Mailer Demon Failure Status" title. Got your addy already though, should I send my request through that means instead? Will wait to hear from you.

And Bo, I'll have to talk to Catherine, you might be receiving a strongly-worded letter from her campaign.