New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

rarabird

Reaction score
New to MC and NYC..here to make puppets and friends

Hi, all 9,000 or so of you. I just moved to NYC and worked my first job for The Jim Henson Company. That project is over, but I am hoping to connect with other people who love Muppets and Henson and everything furry and witty.

And :attitude: I would just like to say that" Muppets Wizard of Oz" was totally underated.

Anybody else here worked for Henson, or work in NYC?

Rarabird

Pork

Reaction score
Hi Rarabird, welcome to MC :smile:

Yeah I've worked with Jim Henson Company...oh...wait...hehe, that was just a dream I had.

That's so great you had a job with them, what did you work on?

I just saw Muppets Wizard of Oz the other day, I can't say it's my favourite, and if I wanted to make friends of mine watch the muppets, it wouldn't be one I'd suggest to them. But, it had it's moments.

rarabird

Reaction score
A dream come true to work for Henson

HI Pork,

We are just wrapping up work on making the live musical play "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas", which will be opening Dec. 5 and running to January 5th. It will be playing at the Goodspeed Operahouse in East Haddam, CT.

Hopefully, if it is a success (I can't imagine it not being), then they will perform it every year as a standard.

I was hired to make all the tails for the human costumed creatures: muskrats, porcupines, otters, foxes, squirrels, lizards, beavers and a stoat....(have fun Googling that one).

It was one of the best jobs I ever had. I hope they will pick me again for another upcoming project! Everyone is so sweet and fun to work with. :zany:

Gee, I wanna figure out how to use these Muppet Smilies (emoticons) in my regular emails! :confused:

Rarabird

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hi, all 9,000 or so of you. I just moved to NYC and worked my first job for The Jim Henson Company. That project is over, but I am hoping to connect with other people who love Muppets and Henson and everything furry and witty.

And :attitude: I would just like to say that" Muppets Wizard of Oz" was totally underated.

Rarabird
Welcome! :batty:

dandy97

Reaction score
Hello!I am Orion.I am 13 years old and I am interested in puppetry.Nice to be on here. :smile:

xochval15

Reaction score
:mad:

Rarabird
OM Gosh! You are the luckiest person EVER! What an amazing opportunity that must of been. Welcome and I hope you enjoy chatting with us all.