New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

The Lover

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a newbie to this site. I love the Muppets. I grew up watching their movies. My favorite movies are The Muppets take Manhatten and Muppet Treasure Island. An intresting fact about me is that I can do a good Grover impression and a decent Miss Piggy impression. Well, that's all for now. Nice meeting you all!

musicman67341

Reaction score
Hi ! I am musicman67341 new to your club and happy to be here! Animal is my favorite, and the rest of the band too. Can anyone tell me where I can find on line videos of { I think it was called Gorch? , the moon charactors -crater head ,as seen on SNL saturday night live } any help would be great, Thanks again

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central to all new members. Musicman, there are various options to get the Land of Gorch sketches. You can either purchase the DVD set commemorating Saturday Night Live: The Complete First Season, or contact forum member KermiClown as he has just the sketches together on one disc. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I'm a huge Muppet fan ever since I can remember when I was little, especially at night time there was a nightly show with muppets and the guest stars in it and fell in love with it. I'm hoping that I can find the movie that I'm still looking for is John Denver and the Muppets : A Christmas Together and it's my fave movie and I want to show it to my son because he's started to love the Muppets now. :smile:
Hi,
I'm Kristin this is my first post. The Muppet Show was my favorite when I was a child. I used to play the record for The Great Muppet Caper all the time. I was also Miss Piggy at age 3. My mom made the costume for me. Purple gloves and all.
Hi

My name is Paul from the UK. I love Labyrinth and anything else Henson-related.
Hello!

I'm a newbie to this site. I love the Muppets. I grew up watching their movies. My favorite movies are The Muppets take Manhatten and Muppet Treasure Island. An intresting fact about me is that I can do a good Grover impression and a decent Miss Piggy impression. Well, that's all for now. Nice meeting you all!
Hi ! I am musicman67341 new to your club and happy to be here! Animal is my favorite, and the rest of the band too. Can anyone tell me where I can find on line videos of { I think it was called Gorch? , the moon charactors -crater head ,as seen on SNL saturday night live } any help would be great, Thanks again
Welcome Guys.. Hope you enjoy it here!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Thanks for joining us here and hope you all have fun!

pubba

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in my late 30s and remember watching the original Muppet show way back in the 1980s. It was such a refreshing and crazy show and the whole family would gather round to watch it once a week. Good memories!

And of course I grew up with Sesame Street and then Fraggle Rock and later stuff like the TMNT movies that Jim was involved with.

Puppetry has been one of my passions all my life and I am so happy to find some likeminded people here. My dream is to visit the US some day and go to Muppetfest or something similar...

My career is English teaching and puppets have been an integral tool for this job. Its a joy to see kids faces light up when I bring out one of my puppets. Kermit was a huge hit in Taiwan even though many of my students had never seen him before. I guess the little green guy just has that special charm..

Im looking forward to spending hours reading back through all the threads here and learning as much as I can about puppet making and performance.

Nice to be here - talk to you soon :smile:

James

Pork

Reaction score
Hey James, Welcome to Muppet Central. It's always great to meet a fellow Muppet fan.

yetiman

Reaction score
Hi, all--my name is Josh, and I'm a new puppet builder. I've been into traditional animation and sculpture for a long time, and I'm a huge Muppet fan, so I decided to give puppets a try, too. I'm a recent college grad working in Chicago (as a paralegal...so, not very artistic, save the doodles I make during staff meetings), so if anyone knows of any good stores for materials and whatnot or other puppeteers to meet, let me know!

Josh

Quesal

Reaction score
So many new members each day it seems! Good grief. If we had a picnic, it would look like Woodstock! LOL Welcome everybody!