Custom Member Titles

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, this would make a rather colorful addition.
Ranks besides just plain senior...

HEHEH! :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh I absolutely LOVE this idea. I've been a "Senior Member" for like, 10,000 posts now. It's getting kinda old. :stick_out_tongue: I definitely like Ed's idea a few posts before this, and also agree with Luke that Senior Member status is WAY too easy to reach for some people. I think the post total should be raised, but that's just me. Maybe add more titles in between? :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow... it's not such a good idea at first, and now more than a year later it's become intriguing...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, more than a year later there are 7 people with more than 10 000 posts, and the everyone on the first page of the members list (if you sort by Posts) has more than 3000.

I still agree with what I said voer a year ago. If every few thousand we had a new title, and maybe after 10 000 or 15 000 you can create your own title.

For example:
1000 posts: senior member
10 000
15 000 (customizable)

The ranks with no description could be muppety themed ranks.

Luke

Reaction score
Well, more than a year later there are 7 people with more than 10 000 posts, and the everyone on the first page of the members list (if you sort by Posts) has more than 3000.
I definitely think senior member should be 3000 then. User ranks don't matter to people who have been here ages but would probably be something fun for the newer people, so maybe have a couple of muppety titles for like 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500. Not sure anything Muppety would really fit in though.

The downside is maybe its a bad thing to do it because people might just bump up their post count for the sake of changing titles, but then they're doing that anyway sometimes for the senior one.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The downside is maybe its a bad thing to do it because people might just bump up their post count for the sake of changing titles, but then they're doing that anyway sometimes for the senior one.
That is my only concern as well, I have seen it happen in the past. If the mods are willing to really keep an eye on it then I see no reason why we couldn't do it.

unclematt

Reaction score
Guys I have to say I am with Vic. I think there are alot of people on here that are too concerned with thier post count. I dont want to fuel that anymore than it all ready is.

Pork

Reaction score
It could be a problem as far as post count is concerned, but on the other hand it could be a bit of fun, having a few different ones in there. I'm not really worried either way.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think we should leave it uo to the all mighty and wise MC staff.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think we should leave it uo to the all mighty and wise MC staff.
The trashheap has spoken! Neyyyyyy!

Hmm...I like the idea of having Mupppety titles between 300 and 10,000. As Prawnie said, Senior Member does seem to get old after a while. There could be some fun ones like, "Labrat," "Hapless Assistent", "Janitor," "At the Dance Supervisor," etc, going up to "All Knowing Trashheap," and "Mighty Favog."