What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Even though "The MARVELOUS Muppets" has come to an end, the series is still very much alive--only within a different continuity--in this fan fiction series that I'm writing for another forum.

This is how I'm revitalizing the series in a whole new way, with new storylines and new characters (some are just returning, such as my Daily Bugle counterpart, Sean Thomas). The only difference being that the Power Rangers (ones from all sixteen incarnations or seasons) are the main focus of the series (hence the title).

Some of the elements I used in "The MARVELOUS Muppets" are still there, including references to past stories. The Muppets even make cameos in the form of pop culture references (i.e. television, movies, toys, etc.), but they don't ACTUALLY appear in the series.

The series works like this: each story includes a team-up between different Power Ranger teams & different Marvel superheroes. For example, my first story is a team-up between the Power Rangers of Operation Overdrive and Iron Man (it's called "The Invincible"--the original title for what was going to be the Iron Man/Muppets crossover).

So if you might not see many updates from me for quite some time over the summer, it's only because I'll be busy working on stories to include into this new fan fiction series for another forum. I can link anyone to what I've written so far. Just let me know if you want to do so.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Once again I owe The Count a big thanks for not deleting the thread for a story that I had no doubt in my mind I'd be coming back to, because it looks like I am after all. :smile:

Yes, I'm going back to work on "Who Ya Gonna Call?", but there are going to be a lot of heavy changes made on it, most of which will take me at least most of the summer, seeing as how I have tons of other stories planned around then for this and other forums. I should have them all made by October of this year (just in time for that highly anticipated video game to come out).

I'll have a special trailer made for the new version of the "Stranger Than..." tale during the summer to give everyone an idea of what it's going to be like. As far as I can tell, it looks to me like another Muppets/Disney collaboration (much like "World of Disney" will be).

Check with you all later.:big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, as you all might know, today marks the day in which the new Iron Man movie (starring none other than Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark) hits theaters everywhere. Some of you might have already seen the early showings that started at 8:00 yesterday evening.

I have one cool treat that I'd like to give you all on this special day for the invincible Marvel superhero. It's for my fan fiction series on the Power Rangers Discussion Forum known as Henshin Talk.

You all can read my "new" Iron Man/Power Rangers crossover here.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Trailer was amazing!

The indiana frog trailer on youtube is absolutely amazing! Definitely one of my favorite videos I have seen! Can't wait for the story, it sounds like it's going to be amazing!

Keep up the good work!

:excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... That video's from the special The Muppets at Walt Disney World. Check with some of the tape traders like KermiClown if you're interested in getting a copy.
Sean... Isn't Iron Man scheduled for release on Wednesday the 7th of May? At any rate, if I get the chance I'll check it out. Incredibly busy with finals and other projects.

Good to hear from you and see you're posting again buddy.
:busy:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Muppetfan.:smile: It's going to be coming to the forum on May 20th, just in time for The Muppet Show: Season 3 DVD and two days before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Some interesting bit of news I have for that story, even though it co-stars the characters from Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? it will also feature cameos from characters out of Kim Possible and Jackie Chan Adventures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sean... Isn't Iron Man scheduled for release on Wednesday the 7th of May?
Where have you been, Count? Haha!:stick_out_tongue:

The movie came out today (special showings were last night @ 8:00). As soon as you get through with finals (I'll be through with them after tonight), get to the theater and see this movie! They're saying it's really fun!:wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another bit of news I have for this evening:

"Casting" has already begun for another new team of Ghostbusters for the revised version of the Stranger Than Muppet Fan Fiction story, "Who Ya Gonna Call?" Most of everyone I have found to be the counterparts of the main four Ghostbusters are fans of the movie, unlike before when it was just those that were interested in being in the story. I'm also straying away from the "all female" idea.

So far I've gotten MySpace friends Donna Kymberleigh and J.G. to be my new counterparts for Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz. I've decided to be the counterpart for Egon Spengler. I'm still looking for a good Winston Zeddemore, and as soon as I find one, I'll inform everybody of who he/she is.

My new approach for the story is using the actual characters' last names and replacing their first ones with ours (ex. Donna will be referred to as "Dr. Donna Venkman" in the story). This way, there's still some familarity with Ivan Reitman's movie.

Another thing I'm doing with the storyline is setting up competition amongst different ghost hunters. I'm even going as far as having different stories told through different points of view, since it'll be posted on more than one forum (ex. For Muppet Central, the story will be told from the point of view of the Muppets, while on a Disney forum, the point of view will be from classic Disney characters like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck).

I'm still intending on the story to be posted by October (hopefully this Halloween), in order to give myself some time to work with the other stories I have planned for the summer, like the Sesame Street/Dark Knight crossover and the Indiana Jones/Muppets one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Honestly thought the movie was to be released this next Wednesday, but I understand the execs wanting to give ol' shellhead his own weekend in a marvelous movie-filled month of May.

Aw... Rather liked the all-female team, Jessica Lauren most of all. Will wait for the revamped edition and see how it fares.

LMK if you need help with anything Sean... Though I have exciting Muppet projects of my own, and hope to have everything on the academic front resolved by then as well.

Good night to all you true Mup-believers!