What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
you're tried Muppetwriter! You're the best fanfiction writer! Don't worry be happy!

"I like you just the way you are!" Fred Rogers!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Message from muppetwriter.

Originally by MW:
My Muppet Central Friends,

I would like to address the issue of why exactly I ended "The MARVELOUS Muppets" series before its originally scheduled end of August 2011.

The series, in my honest opinion as its creator, was starting to take a nose-dive. The storylines that I had intended on writing for the next stories, from
the "Iron Man" story onward, were not so much as readable content. What I mean by this is that they were confusing, questionable, and leading to something
that would be just as stupid as my revelation of Scrappy-Doo being the main villain of "The Superman at the End of this Story".

When I started "The MARVELOUS Muppets", I was sure it would be a fun, simple series to write as well as read. Now it's become an array of complex storylines
(it started becoming that way when I first revealed that Tony Stark--a.k.a. Iron Man--was Scooter's "father") and I believe I've lost my original audience
at the same time I gain new ones (at first Beauregard, TogetherAgain, and theprawncracker were my only readers, but now it's The Count, BeakerSqueedom,
JeanyLaser, and redBooberGurl--not that I don't mind you guys as my audience, you're all wonderful).

I want things to go back to the way they originally were. So what I'm going to start doing with "Sesame, DC" (the one fan fiction series that I still have
a chance with, since it's still fairly new) is carefully plan my upcoming stories rather than improvising like I was with "The MARVELOUS Muppets". I'm
going to have them require less knowledge on characters of DC Comics and more on characters from Sesame Street.

Same goes for MySpace friends (who I'm limiting for this series to just the Brown sisters--Alissa, Larissa, and Teressa--who have all become great assets
to my creativity). Their characters' stories won't require you to know too much about the real-life people they're based on, because how I write them is
a mixture of non-fiction and fiction (more of the latter, of course).

When I go back and read stories like "The Superman at the End of this Story" and "The Gotham Grouchfest", I remembered how simple and free it was writing
those stories (much like how I wrote the first "MARVELOUS Muppets" tale, "The Amazing"). That's how I want to be when I start on the upcoming second Batman/Sesame
Street story, "Nights of the Knights" (yes, I'm ACTUALLY going to write it now). And it's going to be original and not just a carbon copy of the movie
(I did some research and found out that about forty percent of "The Amazing" was a copy of the first Spider-Man film--which is the percentage I want to
go for on the "Dark Knight" story).

So I guess you can say I'm starting from scratch. All part of my plan to get myself back to the way you all remember me from the moment I first posted back
in 2005. I barely even recognize myself since then--I admit that I've changed so much, becoming a bit lazy and commercializing my stories with a lame RPG
(which you can all stop playing, by the way).

I'll be back soon enough, MC. :wink:

Sincerely
Sean (a.k.a. Muppet Writer)

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I love the Rescue Rangers teaming up with the muppets!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Makes me wonder why he won't post these updates himself.
Sounds exciting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Kinda wonder that too meself Claudia. :smirk:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here are the synopses for the two "Stranger Than..." stories that I have planned:

"Spaaaaaace...The Final Frontier"​

The crew of the infamous Swinetrek have been upgraded to a bigger, better ship...only after they made a "pigsty" of the old one. Their new ship: codenamed "The Enterprise". Their new mission: to explore strange new worlds and new civilizations for five (more) years. Their goal: to boldly go where no pig has gone before. The crew's adventure will take them to a world of element-benders (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and encounter a crew of fugitives (Farscape). It's only a matter of time before this "brave" crew cracks under the heavy pressure of space.

"Indiana Frog and the Ancient Mystery"​

The detectives of the ACME Detective Agency (Scooter, Zack, Ivy, and Bean Bunny) uncover a plot by Carmen Sandiego to steal four relics that defined the legendary career of Kermit "Indiana" Frog. With the use of the Chronoskimmer (their key to time), they must pursue Carmen and stop her from altering history before it's too late. Meanwhile, Indiana Frog has his own troubles as his worst enemies (Doc Hopper, Nicky Holiday, and Rachel Bitterman) are working together to beat him to the punch in any way possible. Who will come out on top in what will be the greatest adventure ever told?

"The Ancient Mystery" arrives May 20th, while "Spaaaaace...The Final Frontier" comes later this year.