What was the last DVD you bought and why?

vaati64

Reaction score
Finally got this one in the mail from Amazon yesterday.

Andy Barker, P.I. The Complete Series

Loved this show when it was on NBC and heard that it got released on DVD, so I got it.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Disney's The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - It's my favorite of the Renaissance era Disney movies.

Disney's Hercules - It may not be mythologically accurate, but it's a darned funny movie.

Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection - I like old monster movies.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series, of course!
(Because I grew up with both the live action Fraggle Rock and the cartoon and I love them both- and it's really cool having them all on DVD now!:excited::coy:)

And I also recently got
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III

on DVD! (The new 2009 re-release, that is. As a gift for a friend, because of course I've already got these movies for myself on VHS and though I don't care for all the cursing, I do love these movies.:big_grin:)

Nick22

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series, of course!
(Because I grew up with both the live action Fraggle Rock and the cartoon and I love them both- and it's really cool having them all on DVD now!:excited::coy:)

And I also recently got
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III

on DVD! (The new 2009 re-release, that is. As a gift for a friend, because of course I've already got these movies for myself on VHS and though I don't care for all the cursing, I do love these movies.:big_grin:)

i LOVE back to the future. that's gotta be one of my all time favorite movies.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Disney's The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - It's my favorite of the Renaissance era Disney movies.

Disney's Hercules - It may not be mythologically accurate, but it's a darned funny movie.

Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection - I like old monster movies.
Honestly if you were to buy Disney movies based on how accurate they are, than you wouldn't have bought Hunchback of Notre Dame nor Pocahontas, :smile:.

As for me well I finished up my Hannah Barbara Tom and Jerry shorts (minus the two or so that are sadly missing, :sympathy: from the set) and picked up Volume 2 of the Spotlight collection. Sadly, I picked up an edited verison, which I'm none to happy about. I called Warner home video though, and some replacement discs are on their way, :excited:.

I also pick up...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (02 series): Season 1, part two-Because I wanted the whole first season and I already had the first half.

TMNT: Fast Forward-Shell Shocked-It's basically the first half of the sixth season of the 02 TMNT series. It's a shame 4Kids and FUNanimation planned the releases of these DVDs so poorly. Good cartoon.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Honestly if you were to buy Disney movies based on how accurate they are, than you wouldn't have bought Hunchback of Notre Dame nor Pocahontas, :smile:.
Well, the Disney version of Hunchback was the first one I was exposed to. So I can't NOT like it, no matter how off the book it is. :big_grin:

I'm not a real big fan of Pocahontas either.

The only reason I pointed out the fact that Hercules was inaccurate was, because of the Clash of the Gods show on History Channel, I've become hooked on Greek Mythology. :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly if you were to buy Disney movies based on how accurate they are, than you wouldn't have bought Hunchback of Notre Dame nor Pocahontas
If you were to buy Disney movies based on accuracy, you'd have A Goofy Movie and Lilo and Stitch. Only stuff they'd create. They've ALWAYS played fast and loose with stories, and I remember hearing the author of 101 Dalmatians wasn't exactly happy with the movie.

Hercules is one I gotta grab. It's one of the ones I like the most, for some strange reason (Maybe Danny DeVito?) and the only thing I didn't like was how the love story seemed shoehorned in. I think the TV series handled the gaps in the legend quite well. Shame Disney doesn't put it's cartoon TV shows on DVD anymore.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (02 series): Season 1, part two-Because I wanted the whole first season and I already had the first half.

TMNT: Fast Forward-Shell Shocked-It's basically the first half of the sixth season of the 02 TMNT series. It's a shame 4Kids and FUNanimation planned the releases of these DVDs so poorly. Good cartoon.
Honestly, I don't think Funimation and 4Kids really got along all that much, considering. I really wish 4Kids just released EVERY series on its own.. might have actually seen a second volume of Ultimate Muscle (and those were the episodes where he fought the giant cel phone wrestler). And now, the license has been lost to Paramount, who will probably never release them.

That said, I managed to pick up the "Season 4" set (which is basically half of season 4) mainly because it was cheap AND the fact I didn't see the banned episode yet.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
If you were to buy Disney movies based on accuracy, you'd have A Goofy Movie and Lilo and Stitch. Only stuff they'd create. They've ALWAYS played fast and loose with stories, and I remember hearing the author of 101 Dalmatians wasn't exactly happy with the movie.
I'm waiting for them to release a widescreen version of A Goofy Movie (one of my VERY favorites) before getting it on DVD.

As for Lilo & Stitch (a very good movie), I didn't get it when Meijer had it and now I can't find it! Dang it!

vaati64

Reaction score
two more today from Barnes & Nobel while they are having their 50% off DVD sale:

Yes Man: 2-Disc Deluxe Edition

Saw this one on Cinemax on demand around Christmas time. My mom bought this one for me today.

Get Smart: 2-Disc Deluxe Edition

Loved this one since I saw it in the theatres. Didn't get it on DVD when it first came out, and forgot about it until about a week ago when I saw it on HBO. Got this one today as well.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I just (finally!) bought Harry Potter 6. I don't know what I was waiting for originally, but, when I saw it was on sale, I knew it was time! I bought a copy for me and one for my mom's collection too :smile: