What was the last DVD you bought and why?

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I bought Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Daystwo days ago. :wisdom: I've laughed, I've cried, and I've tried to give myself little morsels of it at a time - as much as I just want to watch the whole thing NOW, I want to try to savor it more.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The Princess Bride is a great movie! There's no shame in owning it, I mean it!

Does anybody want a peanut?
I'm proud to say I own that movie, :wink:.

Anyway tonight I bought some DVDs, mainly cause they were cheap..

Looney Tunes: Back in Action-It was only 4 bucks. Sure it's not the greatest thing Looney Tunes has ever done, but it's good enough to spend 4 bucks on, :smile:. In the end, you godda love Looney Tunes.

Disney's Tarzan-I've been saying I want to buy all 48 (soon to be 49, when Princess and the Frog gets a release) of Walt Disney Animation Studios. Tarzan isn't one of my favorites, but it was only ten bucks.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Looney Tunes: Back in Action-It was only 4 bucks. Sure it's not the greatest thing Looney Tunes has ever done, but it's good enough to spend 4 bucks on, :smile:. In the end, you godda love Looney Tunes.
At least it got the spirit of the old shorts better than Space Jam. (Although I must say I like Billy West's Bugs Bunny better than Joe Alaskey's. Something about Billy's attitude reminded me of Mel Blanc more than Joe's did.)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
At least it got the spirit of the old shorts better than Space Jam. (Although I must say I like Billy West's Bugs Bunny better than Joe Alaskey's. Something about Billy's attitude reminded me of Mel Blanc more than Joe's did.)
True, Space Jam was actually thought of though a freaking commerical for god's sake, which is almost totally what the movie was a huge commerical.

I say that, but in truth, I was almost obsessed with the movie in the 5th grade when the movie first came out. So I can't totally hate it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie - Because I like the show and thought the movie was pretty good.

Splash - Don't laugh at me! :smile:cry:smile:
Both good movies. I own "Splash." So don't worry. I love the movie. And i watched the Wizards movie and bought it for one of the neices for Christmas. But i haven't gotten any new DVDs just yet but you won't have to wait long.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I just got:

Peanuts: 1970's Collection Vol. 1 - Because I like Peanuts.

Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series - Do I need a reason?

Monty Python's The Life of Brian - I like Monty Python (especially John Cleese and Eric Idle).

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
The Secret of NIMH: Technically didn't buy it, I got it off SwapaDVD. I've been meaning to get this movie for a while.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The Labyrinth. I have it on DVD already but this is the BLU RAY version. And I recently bought a Blu Ray drive for my computer, so why not?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I bought...

Magilla Gorilla: The Complete Series- Classic Hanna-Barbarra for only $7.99. Why not pick it up? Great stuff. Again it was only $7.99 and it was a four disc set. Really good buy.

Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo- I rebought it, so I can have some more DMR points, it was really cheap. Plus my older copy was getting worn out. Not cause of me, mind you, I take excellent care of my DVDs. Members of my family have watched it and didn't take very good care of it. Than they wonder why I get mad at them, :mad:, but I won't get too much into that.

X-Men the Animatied series volume one- Because of the same reasons I've been buying any DVDs as of late, I found it cheap, :smile:. But I loved this cartoon and I already had volume 2 (as mention in a past post). I'm debating over whether or not I'll buy the rest since sadly the episodes aren't in production order, but in air date order. Meaning their will be some loop holes in the stories, :sympathy:. I mostly likely will, though, especially if I could find it cheap.

Erine81981

Reaction score
True, Space Jam was actually thought of though a freaking commerical for god's sake, which is almost totally what the movie was a huge commerical.

I say that, but in truth, I was almost obsessed with the movie in the 5th grade when the movie first came out. So I can't totally hate it.
I had the same feel about Space Jam. I went and watched it with my cousins and a friend of hers and she had a hard time telling me to be quite during the show. It's ok but i still have a little place in my heart for it.
JJandJanice said:
Magilla Gorilla: The Complete Series- Classic Hanna-Barbarra for only $7.99. Why not pick it up? Great stuff. Again it was only $7.99 and it was a four disc set. Really good buy.

Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo- I rebought it, so I can have some more DMR points, it was really cheap. Plus my older copy was getting worn out. Not cause of me, mind you, I take excellent care of my DVDs. Members of my family have watched it and didn't take very good care of it. Than they wonder why I get mad at them, , but I won't get too much into that.
Two awsome picks for a movie and a TV show. Great pick JJ! *high five* But i do have a little upset on the Magilla DVD that wasn't included was the opening for all the shorts but i guess it's still awsome to have them all on DVD.

I just resently bought "Chuck: Season 1." (The reason i bought it was i saw pretty much the first like 20 minutes of Season 3 first episode and just fell in love with the show. So i'll be buying any other seasons too)