What became of syndication?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually don't mind day time too much, I guess it's a guilty pleasure.

But I literally can't watch anything during the prime time hours on network TV. And even Cable is starting to go down in quality. I don't know who they think is watching this stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tim said:
BTW as for "Judge" shows, it was "People's Court" and Judge Wapner that "opened the can of worms".
Actually, the Court show can trace its roots back to the 1950's... when there were only 2 or 3. I said Judge Judy because she was the one that popularized it in the 90's, causing all the ripoffs to come out after an absense in the early 90's.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's right, Judge Judy started the "rebirth" of the trend after the original People's Court.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only cartoons in syndication (daytime) are a compilation of "Dic's wonderful world" with some not too wonderful shows. Well...except the Littles. But other than that is Strawberry Shortcake (EEEEEEeeeeewwww!) and Revolutionary kids or whatever (which isn't a terrible show, just I get sick of it). They have a whole library of Heathcliff, Gadget... and even Gadget cartoons that haven't been on in the states yet, and they run that crap.

>>Hah...I don't even watch TV any more. That's what DVDs are for.<<

Yeah... but you can only watch the same ones for so long before the player gives out. Not to mention the crippling cost of having to buy new ones every so often.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't watch that Revolutionary Kids show. And yes, DVDs are so expensive, it reminds me of something Mr. Krabs from Spongebob said, "I've got a bad feeling in the pit of me wallet!" And yes, I do watch Spongebob! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can't watch daytime television a all. I like The Price Is Right. I really can't stand cable these day's, but I do like smoe things in prime time. Nightime telivision I can't stand at all. But I like SNL, And sometimes Conan.

Sponge BoB is pretty funny, but it's way overated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Sponge BoB is pretty funny, but it's way overated.
SpongeBob may be overrated, but it's SOOOOOOOO STUPID!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Spongebob is a "love it or hate it" sort of it. Personally, I think it's hilarious.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to point out that syndicated programming is different depending on the area, so just because a few local stations have sucky syndicated/ local programming doesn't mean that all local stations have horrible shows at syndicated hours.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
SpongeBob may be overrated, but it's SOOOOOOOO STUPID!
Yeah, but that's what I like about it. It's a kind of stupid I like. But I didn't get what all the hoopla was about.