In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, actually... No, not "all" of the original Muppeteers from Fraggle Rock can/will be back for filming the movie.
Jerry Nelson, we hope will be there to perform/voice Gobo and maybe Pa Gorg, though he does have pulminary health issues to worry about lately.
Steve Whitmire should be there to perform/voice Wembley and Sprocket, and so should Dave for Boober, Kathy for Mokey and Ma Gorg, and Karen for Red.

But remember... Jim can't or won't be there for Cantus nor Richard for Junior Gorg should the Gorgs be included in this movie. If any of those characters are included at all, they'd need to find replacement Muppeteers to fill those spots.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Personally I think Rickey Boyd should try to do Junior Gorg's voice; should they include the Gorgs in the movie. He's done such a great job with Scooter so far!

Cantus on the other hand, I'm not so sure. Possibly Steve Whitmire could do Cantus? Eh, not sure.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If they can bring in Marty Robinson from his busy SS taping schedule, then I don't see why not.
Would make sense to have Steve perform Cantus since he's taken over Jim's characters... Though maybe Bill Barretta could do it. Although, now that I think of it, Bill would be better for Convincing John.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... If they can bring in Marty Robinson from his busy SS taping schedule, then I don't see why not.
Would make sense to have Steve perform Cantus since he's taken over Jim's characters... Though maybe Bill Barretta could do it. Although, now that I think of it, Bill would be better for Convincing John.
Yeah, I was just about to say Bill. He does Jim's gruff voices well.

wes

Reaction score
Personally I think they should not bring back Jim's charater, there just not as good, if they wanted to bring them back they should do like a dream sequence or vision.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah know.... im NOT just sayin this couse all Disney, but i WOULDN'T be one bit suprized IF Disney was/or is the distributor for the FRAGGLE movie! but then again.... HIT! could be the movies distributor :smirk:

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:

Who were you thinking of Marty Robinson for?

As for Travelling Matt, I don't see why he wouldn't be included since you have Dave Goelz there performing his other regular Boober.

As for Junior Gorg, I would suggest David Rudman if any replacement is needed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh no... Bit of misunderstanding there Bry. See, Uncle "Traveling" Matt Fraggle was Marty's main character in the Rock, and I see no worries bringing him in for the movie should the character be involved and the Muppeteer's SS production schedule allow it.
Hope that helps clear things up.

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Traveling Matt was performed by Dave Goelz, but okay.