The 1st (and Hopefully Not Last) MC Talent Show 2007

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You coulda just told her that there was a talent contest for this one forum I'm on and I'd thought I'd try something different. That's how I explained my video. My mom just looked at me and went Oh ok. She kinda shook her head, said "what am I gonna do with you child?" and sighed but nothing that I haven't heard before

Daniel
No way, because then if I told her that and she knew I was talking to "strangers" online, I'd be the next That Announcer!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You mean she does not know?:confused:
Not really... see one of her rules about me being on the internet is not to go into chat rooms, and years ago when I casualy mentioned "I just joined a message board for Courage the Cowardly Dog" she was like "well, okay, but remember, stay away from those chat rooms".

She's not really computer savvy (and doesn't go online often except to check her e-mail occasionally), so she thinks message boards are like guest books, so I'm afraid to tell her that a message board is like an interactive online bulletin board for fear she might think they're chat rooms then take me off the internet forever because she's told me many times before if she finds me on chat rooms then I would not be allowed on the internet ever again.

I'll probably be safe and "home free" once I'm out of the house, that way I won't have to worry about hiding my online forum activities from anyone, THEN I could probably get MSN or something and IM with you guys at my own will (when I have free time). I could probably even start doing online trading as well, because I know someone who's actually interested in getting a tape to me that has a pregnant Kathy Greenwood accepting her Canadian Comedy Award for Best Female Improviser in 2000.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I understand exeactly what you mean, Snowther! My mother is the exact same way, LOL! :sympathy:

Bu that would be great chatting with you on MSN or something and wuld be great for you to finally see that Kathy Greenwood Video, LOL!:smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Just show her that this is like the Courage message board. These people are just having a little fun. Are we against fun now? This isn't a chatroom. Just show her the difference, and I'm sure that you'll be fine. My mom isn't computer savvy, but I know that she knows the difference between a chatroom and a message board(I think)

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just show her that this is like the Courage message board. These people are just having a little fun. Are we against fun now? This isn't a chatroom. Just show her the difference, and I'm sure that you'll be fine. My mom isn't computer savvy, but I know that she knows the difference between a chatroom and a message board(I think)

Daniel
But the thing of it is, like I said, if show knows I talk to "strangers" online, then I'd be offline forever... she's just so worried that people are going to prod me for my personal information, then hunt me down or something... it's a good thing she doesn't that the people of Whoserville actually DID track me down with my IP address and are telling everyone what state I live in.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, because who knows? All the sudden we'll show up at your door dressed like a chicken carrying a bag of walnuts trying to get the secrets to why your hair stays in place.

Daniel

Skye

Reaction score
Man, I think Daniel's been following me. I do that all the time! :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, awesome. That's great to know... I'll watch for ya! :wink: