In Love and Harmony - the 4th Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Count said:
Wait... Who in the where with what? Whosajiggawhat? (Another word of mine, from South Park).

Adultery? For some reason, after reading the chapter, I thought Marie had caused some accident resulting in the death of Felicia's husband, or something like that, it was a bit unclear and I was doing my best to follow the narrative. But if it's adultery... Then wouldn't that make Rowlf and Wanda half-siblings and thus throw their marriage plans into illegallity? Dunno, maybe this needs some reworking, just going with what I know and what I think I know to make sense, or dollars, or whatever.
Gonzo: Yes?
It will all be explained very soon, I promise, Rowlf and Wanda are NOT half siblings, but yes there is some adultery that took place. I promise, it will become clear.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you say so. At this point, all I can do is trust that you know what you're doing. More than I can say...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
You know what I think I liked best about this chapter? The last line. Just the fact that Rowlf and Wanda just immediately go to each other with all of this, and support each other so automatically. I like that.

MORE PLEASE!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hopefully all is explained in this chapter and will put everyone at ease. Also, things will start turning around very soon and getting much happier as there's actually not all that much left of this story. There will be a final story though without question. Ok, enjoy this next chapter.

Chapter Eight:

Kermit looked at Rowlf and Wanda helplessly as they clung to each other. Then suddenly Wanda ripped herself out of Rowlf’s arms.

“Rowlf! What if, oh my gosh, what if there’s a chance that we’re, gulp, siblings?” asked Wanda in horror.

“Um, gee, I didn’t think of that, but I don’t know. I am in shock,” said Rowlf at a loss for words.

“Guys, you need to get the whole story, obviously this was kept a secret from both of you for years. You need to find out what really happened before you get panicked,” said Kermit.

“You’re right Kermit, you’re always right. Come on Wanda, let’s go talk to my mom, she’s right here, then we’ll get some things straightened out,” said Rowlf.

“That’s fine, let’s go,” said Wanda.

They wearily made their way up to Rowlf’s room where Felicia had holed herself up with Rowlf’s brothers.

“Can we come in?” asked Rowlf stopping in the doorway.

“It’s your room,” said Felicia softly.

“Both of us?” asked Wanda tentatively.

“Oh honey, yes, I’m sorry I blew up down there. I hold no anger towards you,” said Felicia beckoning them both to come in.

“Mom, what’s the story? Why did Dad really leave us?” asked Rowlf.

“I never thought I’d have to tell you boys this but I guess there is no avoiding it now,” said Felicia.

“It’s ok Mom, take your time,” said Rex. Rowlf’s brothers were equally confused as to what was going on. They had always just assumed their dad left because he was a deadbeat and didn’t really love their mom.

“Your father and I had a wonderful relationship in the beginning; otherwise we wouldn’t have had you boys. But, things changed, he strayed away from me and he ended up having an affair with that cat. That’s why he left,” said Felicia.

“Um, is that why my mom left too?” asked Wanda.

“Yes honey, it is,” said Felicia.

“So then that means there’s no chance that we’re related?” asked Rowlf tenatively.

“Nope, this happened after all of you were born,” said Felicia.

“So they ran away together?” asked Wanda.

“Yes. I was so angry with your mother not only for what she did to my family but also for leaving you behind. But, I always kept a close eye on you, it wasn't your fault. I want you to know, I really do care about you and I didn’t mean what I said. I want you to marry my son, you’re a beautiful young lady and there is no reason the two of you shouldn’t be together. But please understand, I haven’t seen your mother for years, so this is very hard for me,” said Felicia.

“I just can’t believe it,” said Wanda.

They were all silent for a little bit.

“Rowlf? Are you guys still going to get married?” asked Moe breaking the silence.

Rowlf looked at Wanda. Without saying a word he knew the answer right away.

“Of course we are. This is just another bump in what has been a long and bumpy road. But we still are in this together,” said Rowlf.

“I do think I need to talk to my mom though. I know what she did was horrible, but she’s still my mother,” said Wanda.

“Well, I think you should talk to her too. And it’s not entirely her fault. My ex is just as much to blame,” said Felicia.

“Thanks Mom,” said Rowlf.

“Thanks Felicia,” said Wanda.

“Oh sweetie, you can call me mom if you want to,” said Felicia.

“Ok, thanks…mom,” said Wanda choking back tears.

Felicia came over and embraced her soon to be daughter-in-law followed by her son.

“Come on, let’s go find your mother before she skips town,” said Rowlf.

“Ok,” said Wanda.

They stepped out of the room to find the entire Muppet clan camped out having attempted to listen in.

“It’s ok everyone,” said Wanda not even blinking an eye. She was used to this crowd now.

“We’re still getting married,” said Rowlf. They were met by cheers.

“Oh good so you’re not related then!” exclaimed Fozzie.

“Why would they be related Uncle Kermit?” asked Robin.

“Um, that’s a story I’ll tell you when you’re older,” said Kermit.

“So I’m still going to be a ring bearer?” asked Robin.

“Sure are,” said Kermit.

“Yippee!” exclaimed Robin as Kermit sighed with relief that he wouldn’t have to explain the complex situation to his nephew.

Rowlf and Wanda quietly excused themselves and hurried to find Marie at the Fuzzy Feet Hotel.

They didn’t even get that far, they found her at the bus stop right near the boarding house.

“I know, you probably hate me,” said Marie.

“I don’t hate you,” said Wanda.

“Did she tell you the story?” asked Marie obviously referring to Felicia.

“Yes she did,” said Wanda.

“Well, I’m certainly not going to try and tell you a different story. What she said is all true. I left you to be with your fiancé’s father. It was wrong and we both knew it but I did it anyway,” said Marie.

“Well, I appreciate your honesty,” said Wanda.

“I don’t know if you’ll believe me or not, but I can tell you there is nothing in this life that I regret more than breaking up your family Rowlf and leaving you behind Wanda,” said Marie with tears in her eyes.

“I think I can believe you because you’re here now. If you didn't care you wouldn't have come all this way after all this time,” said Wanda sitting down next to her mother.

“Um, did my father feel the same way?” asked Rowlf. He had no recollection of his father at all.

“Yes, every day, he never let me forget it,” said Marie.

“So what happened to him?” asked Rowlf.

“Your mother didn’t tell you?” asked Marie.

“No, she didn’t really mention a whole lot about him,” said Rowlf.

“He died of cancer about three years after we ran off. I had to inform your mother who did come to his funeral. I’m so sorry Rowlf, I know you never really had a chance to know him,” said Marie.

Rowlf was quiet. Cancer. It all made sense now. Moe’s cancer ended up being somewhat genetic.

“Oh, I should’ve let your mother tell you that, I’m sorry,” said Marie again.

“It’s not that Mom. Rowlf’s brother had cancer last year,” said Wanda sensing why her fiancé was so quiet.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that,” said Marie.

“Well, it just would’ve been nice to know that when my brother was going through it,” said Rowlf.

“Your mom should’ve told you that,” said Wanda.

“Both Felicia and I are guilty of the what we should have dones. You kids don’t deserve that,” said Marie.

“I think we all just need to start over,” said Wanda.

“Do you think that is possible?” asked Rowlf.

“It would all depend on whether or not Felicia would agree to see me. I think her and I need to talk, try to come to an understanding. After all, our kids are getting married,” said Marie.

“You’re still going to come to the wedding?” asked Wanda breaking out into a smile.

“If you’ll have me,” said Marie.

“Yes, I’ll have you. But still know it’s going to take a very long time before I will be able to fully trust you. But the past is the past and I think we all need to move on,” said Wanda.

“I’ll talk to my mom, she’s already starting to soften a bit,” said Rowlf.

“Well, I’ll go see if I can get my room back at the hotel. I think it would be best if I remained there during my stay,” said Marie standing up.

“We’ll call you tonight after we talk with Felicia,” said Wanda.

“Thanks,” said Marie and turned to leave.

Rowlf and Wanda collapsed onto the bench.

“Whew. What a day this has been,” said Wanda.

“This has definitely been a case of what else can go wrong,” said Rowlf.

“Don’t say that, it could still get worse,” said Wanda.

“Come here,” said Rowlf opening his arms and Wanda accepted his embrace. With everything that had just happened she still felt like the luckiest cat in the world.

“All right, let’s go talk to Mom number one,” said Wanda. Rowlf chuckled and they headed back to the boarding house.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOO!! Don't know how I missed the last chapter, but it was great! So is this next one! Things are really getting exciting! And I had a feeling that Marie had some anger towards Rowlf's family... and you confirmed it! Wow! Love it Beth! More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Blink. OMG! Someone finally got the word "panicked" correct! Guess you've been watching that Charlie Brown spelling bee special huh Beth?

Loved the chapter and everything that went into it. There's some background history about the affair, the cancer, and the hurt feelings. But they're still attempting to make it all happen for the best, wedding and reunion all in one.
Especially liked Robin asking about being the ringbearer and jumping for joy, with Kermit relieved of not having to explain the situation to him just yet.

Please... Ish... Post more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Blink. OMG! Someone finally got the word "panicked" correct! Guess you've been watching that Charlie Brown spelling bee special huh Beth?

Loved the chapter and everything that went into it. There's some background history about the affair, the cancer, and the hurt feelings. But they're still attempting to make it all happen for the best, wedding and reunion all in one.
Especially liked Robin asking about being the ringbearer and jumping for joy, with Kermit relieved of not having to explain the situation to him just yet.

Please... Ish... Post more!
Yes, panicked is a word that used to give me a TON of trouble so I'm very good about spelling it now. As for more, should be tomorrow. Seriously slow at work AND I'm in this groove where I just can't stop!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good! Now if we could convince a certain other half to get back into the MopFam thread, we can have that belated party there as well.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Nine:

“I’ll handle this one myself if that’s all right,” said Rowlf to Wanda when they returned to the boarding house.

He found his mother reading in the piano room.

“Hi Mom,” said Rowlf.

“Did you talk with her?” asked Felicia.

“Yes, Mom, she wants to talk to you. She can’t change the past but she thinks the two of you need to come to an understanding if Wanda and I are getting married. She really wants to be part of Wanda’s life again,” said Rowlf.

“I can’t blame her for everything. I thought your father loved me, but he was a very messed up man,” said Felicia.

“Oh yeah, about that. Why didn’t you tell us that our dad died of cancer?” asked Rowlf.

“Oops, I should’ve known she’d mention that. Well Rowlf, I just didn’t think it mattered after he left us. Then you disappeared and I had to deal with that and when you came back into our lives it really seemed unimportant,” said Felicia.

“What about last year Mom? Remember Moe?” said Rowlf a little angrily.

“Again honey, I could’ve shared that information but what good would it have done. Your father had long since passed away! Moe came through so well. It really didn’t seem relevant. But I am sorry I kept that from you all this time. I know where he’s buried if you’d ever like to go. It’s in a graveyard back in Minnesota,” said Felicia.

“I guess I see your point. And yes, I wouldn’t mind going to the grave sometime. I’m not happy that you kept that a secret and so many other things. But, I’m going to take a clue from my fiancé and agree that what is in the past is in the past. We move on from here,” said Rowlf.

“So I guess I should take that advice too huh? All right, I will see Marie,” said Felicia finally using Wanda’s mother’s name instead of “her” and “that cat.”

“Thanks Mom, that means a lot,” said Rowlf leaning over and kissing his mother’s cheek.

Rowlf then excused himself and went to find Kermit.

He told him everything and then asked if Kermit had suggestions for neutral ground for the two mothers to meet.

“Why don’t we have a barbeque tonight, the whole gang will be around so they’ll be less likely to take each other out,” suggested Kermit.

“Sounds like a plan,” said Rowlf and went to tell Wanda who then called her mother and asked her to arrive by about 6:00 that evening.

“Things are coming back together,” said Wanda as she got off the phone.

“They sure are,” said Rowlf.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Of course the prospect of a barbeque was exciting to all in the Muppet Boarding House so everyone stuck around to take part.

Marie showed up promptly at 6:00. Instead of taking her right to Felicia, Wanda decided it would be better to introduce her to some of her friends instead.

“Over here is Camilla, she goes with the blue guy over there,” said Wanda pointing out Gonzo.

“Unusual,” said Marie.

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” said Wanda.

Sara came by with a bowl of punch at that moment.

“Oh Sara, come here and meet my mother,” said Wanda.

Sara set down the punch and shook Marie’s hand.

“Sara’s one of my bridesmaids and another outsider brought into the Muppet family. She’s Scooter’s girlfriend,” said Wanda.

“It’s nice to meet you,” said Sara.

“Oh Scooter’s the little yellow guy with the glasses right?” asked Marie.

“Yes, you’re starting to learn everyone already Mom!” exclaimed Wanda.

They continued to stand there exchanging pleasantries with Sara and couple of others when a voice came from behind.

“Hello Marie,” said Felicia quietly.

“Oh, hello Felicia,” said Marie.

Rowlf came up behind his mother and caught Wanda’s eye. They were thinking the same thing, that this was a nervous moment for them.

“Why don’t we go over there and talk a little,” said Marie pointing to the porch swing.

“That would be fine,” said Felicia.

The two of the walked away and Rowlf stopped Wanda from going after them.

“Give them space, we’ll be not too far away if a fight breaks out,” said Rowlf.

Meanwhile the two mothers sat down on the swing.

“I really don’t know what to say to you. I am doing this for my son,” said Felicia not looking Marie in the eye.

“I appreciate it. I have many things to say to you but I’m afraid it will take me a lifetime to do it. I will never be able to tell you just how sorry I am for ruining your life,” said Marie.

“Well, Albert was partially to blame,” said Felicia obviously referring to her ex.

“Ok, I will give you that,” said Marie smiling a little.

“The thing is I was angry with him for so long. I still am to this day. He chose to run off with you, you didn’t force him. And I think that I channeled all of my anger at him into anger at you. It was so much easier to hate you and still love him,” said Felicia getting a little emotion in her voice.

“I’ll never forget when I found out that there was a you. You know he didn’t tell me about you and your boys until we’d been seeing each other three months? I almost left him right then, but it was hard,” said Marie.

“Oh I know all about Albert and his persuasive ways. I’m sure he convinced you it was fine,” said Felicia almost laughing.

“So we agree that Albert was a big part of this. I am still so sorry about everything though. I know I’ll never be able to make it up to you,” said Marie.

“Well, don’t worry about making it up to me. I think I can learn to be civil with you and possibly even like you someday. But you should worry about making it up to your daughter. I can’t believe you would do such a thing to your child. I looked after her for many years without taking her in just to make sure she was all right. She’s pretty special. But, that’s your issue with her,” said Felicia.

“Believe me; I know I’ve got a long road ahead with her. Thanks for looking after her though. You’re more of a mother to her than I’ll probably ever be,” said Marie.

“It’s never too late to start over,” said Felicia.

“It’s just what I intend to do,” said Marie.

They looked over to the barbeque where Rowlf and Wanda were standing with some friends.

“So, do you think we’ll have grandchildren?” asked Marie.

“Well, I don’t know what they’ll look like, but I sure hope so!” exclaimed Felicia as both women began to laugh.

Rowlf and Wanda turned back towards the house and watched from a distance as their mothers talked, began to smile and finally embraced.

“Would you look at that?” asked Rowlf.

“This is great, I’m so happy,” said Wanda smiling.

The two of them hugged and went off to enjoy the party.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOOPIE!!!!!!! Oh that is SO great! I just knew Felicia and Marie would make up, I just knew it! Way to go! Great chapter Beth! I loved the comment about Gonzo and Camilla. :wink: And, of course, can't wait for more! :big_grin: