In Love and Harmony - the 4th Rowlf Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... About that update, can we please get it soon? Ish? Pleaseeeeeeee!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Red Fraggle pops in to deliver a message*
Red: Oh hi everyone. Beth is a little crazed at work, she ended up with some big project so she asked me to come here and tell you all that the update will be coming at some point yet to be determined. In the meantime, how about I entertain you all with some high dives? No? You just want the story? Tough crowd.
*leaves before she can be pelted with muffins or penguins or whatever is loaded in the cannon today.*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Boo are heard frm the audience, choreographed to coincide in time with theirgeneral feeling of upsetness... The crowd wanted to see the ravishing Red Fraggle in her stunning suit wow their eyes with feats of daring from the diveboard... That, or more story.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here I am again, with no new chapter. I'm so sorry guys, it's just been crazy at work and actually away from work too! I think I might be able to finally get to this tomorrow though, but I'm going to stop making promises. Anyway, I just thought I'd bump it up and keep it fresh because there's so much to come in this story and I've already got many things floating in my head for the next story if you can believe that! Don't give up on me guys, I know I'm a slow writer and it can be frustrating, but it's coming, bear with me.

Fozzie: I'm with you?

Um, never mind....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Awg... Is sokay Beth. We'll just sit here and wait... Just not too long or we'll bring out the muffins.
5th story huh? Yeah, I'm looking forward to that one too... Should this one get finished. J/K, take it easy and post as soon as you get the chance to do so. Ish.

BTW: There's a huge update over at KG posted today.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's an UPDATE!!!

Chapter Six:

The next morning Rowlf and Wanda got up and had a surprisingly quiet breakfast alone together. Kermit had given everyone the heads up that they were dealing with some family issues and the majority of the group headed out for breakfast to give them some space.

“Now are you sure you’re ready to go see her? We can make her wait a bit if you’d rather,” said Rowlf.

“I’m ready, I’ve waited too long for this and I’ve got a plan. I’m giving her only one more chance. The best case we’ll be able to make up for lost time and I can have her in my life again. Worst case, she’ll be out of my life for good, but at least this time I’ll know that,” said Wanda.

Rowlf was amazed at how well she was handling the situation and marveled again at her intelligence. He wondered sometimes if she took wisdom lessons from Kermit.

They finished eating and took a slow walk through town to the Fuzzy Feet Hotel.

“I didn’t ask what room she was in but I’m sure they will know up at the desk,” said Rowlf.

They entered the lobby and walked up to the desk. They were greeted by a rabbit that looked a great deal like Benny Rabbit from Sesame Street.

“Hey Barney, how’s it going?” asked Rowlf.

“Rowlf! Good to see you, you guys here to book the honeymoon suite?” asked Barney as Wanda blushed. Barney was as different from his brother Benny as night was from day.

“Uh, no we’re leaving town for that part. Actually, we’re looking for a cat staying here named Marie,” said Rowlf.

“Oh sure, nice lady checked in yesterday. Real quiet, sort of sad looking,” said Barney.

“That’s the one,” said Rowlf.

“Room 212,” said Barney.

“Thanks,” said Rowlf. Wanda remained quiet.

“Are you sure about this?” asked Rowlf for what seemed like the hundredth time.

“Yes honey, I’m sure. In fact, as much as I appreciate you coming with me, maybe I should just go alone. I’ll see how things go and if it’s going to be all right I’ll bring her back to the boarding house,” said Wanda.

“If that’s what you want,” said Rowlf. He knew better than to argue with her and he also knew that she had a good head on her shoulders.

“Yeah, I think it would be best,” said Wanda.

“Call me if you need me,” said Rowlf and gave her a peck on the cheek. He was a little disappointed and just hoped that Wanda wouldn’t let her mother’s influence about her feelings on dogs affect her in anyway. He had to trust that she wouldn’t.

Wanda turned and headed to the second floor and then approached room 212. She knocked lightly.

The door opened and Marie came face to face with her daughter.

“Oh my darling, I’m so sorry,” said Marie.

“Oh mama,” said Wanda as sobs escaped her throat and she let herself accept the hug that Marie offered to her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rowlf arrived back at the boarding house.

“Back so soon?” asked Kermit.

“She decided she wanted to face her mom alone,” said Rowlf.

“Oh. And how does that make you feel?” asked Kermit.

“I’m fine with it, really, she can handle herself,” said Rowlf sounding not quite so confident about it.

“Rowlf?” asked Kermit knowingly.

“All right, it bugs me a little. I wanted to be there to support her and I’m afraid she’ll let her mother change her opinion about me,” said Rowlf. He knew there was no fooling his friend.

“Rowlf, remember when you first went to look for your family and I had a hard time understanding why you didn’t want my help?” asked Kermit.

“Yeah,” said Rowlf slowly.

“Don’t you think it’s kind of the same thing? She’s got a lot of things to deal with when it comes to her mother, not just what she said about you guys,” said Kermit.

“Good point. Yeah, I was glad I faced my family alone the first time, I understand where she’s coming from,” said Rowlf.

“And I’ll ask you again, do you love each other?” said Kermit.

“Of course we do. I know, that should be enough to keep her from letting her mom influence her too much. Sorry man, this getting married stuff is tougher than I thought,” chuckled Rowlf.

“You’re going to be fine,” said Kermit putting his hand on Rowlf’s shoulder. They were interrupted by a knock at the door.

“Who could that be?” asked Rowlf.

They opened the door to find Felicia, Rex, Moe and Charlie standing on the doorstep with suitcases and bags.

“Well are you going to stand there or are you going to let me us in? We have a wedding to get ready for!” exclaimed Felicia.

“Mom! You’re early,” said Rowlf.

“I just couldn’t stay away a second longer, I’m so excited I could just burst, right boys?” said Felicia.

“We tried to stop her bro,” said Rex as he walked into the boarding house with a couple of bags.

“Sorry man,” said Charlie.

“You know what a softly I am,” said Moe.

“Ok, this is going to get interesting,” said Rowlf grabbing the rest of the bags and shutting the door.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Mama, I, I, I’m so mad at you!” choked Wanda as she finally pulled away from Marie’s embrace.

“I know honey, you have every right to be,” said Marie softly.

“Why’d you leave me? Why?” asked Wanda.

Ok, sweetie, the thing is, I got myself into a bad situation and I just had to get away. I couldn’t take you with me. I know you’ll never understand it and it’s not a good explanation but just know I never ever stopped loving you or thinking about you,” said Marie.

“No, I don’t understand,” said Wanda.

“I won’t blame you if you can’t ever forgive me, especially when I can’t explain better as to what happened, but I am here and I am so sorry,” said Marie.

“It will take a long time for me to ever trust you,” said Wanda.

“I would expect that,” said Marie.

“And I’m not looking for a parent to take care of me anymore,” said Wanda.

“I can see that you’re all grown up,” said Marie.

“But I won’t lie that I have dreamed of this day for years and I want to try to let you back into my life. I need a mother, not to take care of me, just to be there for me,” said Wanda.

“I can do that,” said Marie.

She reached out to hug Wanda again.

“Wait,” said Wanda.

“Too soon, I understand,” said Marie.

“No, not that. You were unbelievably rude to my fiancé. If you’re going to be in my life in any shape or form, you have to accept the fact that I am marrying a dog. I love Rowlf more than anything in this world and I am prepared to walk out that door right now and not look back if you can’t handle it,” said Wanda.

Marie was quiet and frowned.

“I knew it. Ok, I’ll be going then,” said Wanda.

“No, wait. I’m sorry, what I said about you guys was wrong. I just have a bad history with dogs,” said Marie.

“Believe me mom, I thought I did too, but Rowlf changed all of that for me,” said Wanda.

“I will apologize to him and I’ll try my best,” said Marie finally.

Wanda grinned from ear to ear.

“This means so much to me mama,” said Wanda.

“So, when’s the big day?” asked Marie.

“In less than two weeks,” said Wanda.

“Oh my! Well, it’s a good thing I came when I did I guess, I’ll be here to see you get married,” said Marie.

“Why don’t you come home with me, you can get to know Rowlf and my friends, we’ll make dinner or something,” said Wanda.

“Well, all right, now is as good a time as any to start over with your fiancé,” said Marie.

With that the set off for the boarding house not knowing that they would be encountering more than just Rowlf and the Muppet clan.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEE!!! Rowlf's FAMILY! Oh like wow! That's so awesome!! And Marie's gonna apologize! That's great too! Oh, also loved Barney Rabbit, nice little inclusion there. Great chapter Beth! Can't wait for more! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Beth! Ish! Yaey for the new chapter.
And yet, you pull at our heartstrings with so much emotion in this chapter.

Small nitpicks.
"softly" should probably be "Softie" instead when Moe's speaking.
When Marie says she was rude to you guys, I would eliminate the "guys" and just say "rude to you" instead.
At the end, there's a "the" there which should probably be "they" instead.

But apart from that I loved it! Would've liked for the scene between Wanda and Marie when the mamma cat stays quiet and frowns to have been driven out a bit longer, playing on the emotions between child and parent, before Wanda brought instant resolution to the scene by moving to walk out the door hastening a response from her mom.

And I'm soooooo looking forward to what awaits them back at the boarding house. More Please!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Beth... Was wondering... Could you please send me copies of all four of Rowlf's stories with all the little nitpicks and typos that have probably been fixed up fixed up? Thanks.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do, I'll have to track down where I've got them backed up, because I wrote the first one at my old job and the latest ones at my new one. If that makes any sense. But like I said, we'll see what I can do. :smile: