In Love and Harmony - the 4th Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive Ed! Here is the next chapter, a shorty and a bit emotional. You've been warned.

Chapter Five:

“Uh, yes, this is awkward. Maybe I should just leave,” said Marie.

“Now hold on a minute. You’ve caused enough pain and grief in Wanda’s life to just walk out on her again,” said Rowlf.

“You’re right. I don’t know what to do,” said Marie.

“Well, I think Wanda needs some space right now. Do you have a hotel here in town?” asked Rowlf.

“Yes, I’m staying up the street from your theatre,” said Marie.

“Fuzzy Feet?” asked Rowlf naming the sister to Sesame Street’s famous Furry Arms Hotel.

“That’s the one,” said Marie.

“All right, go back there for the night, we’ll contact you tomorrow. Don’t you dare think about leaving town either because now that we know who you are we’ll find you. We’re good at tracking people down around here,” said Rowlf forcefully.

“Understood. For what it’s worth I am sorry for what just happened here,” said Marie.

“We’ll talk later, you’d better go,” said Rowlf.

With that Marie left the boarding house.

Kermit heard the door and had heard some of the commotion and came into the room.

“What happened?” asked Kermit.

“That woman was her mother,” said Rowlf.

“You’re kidding!” exclaimed Kermit.

“She used the Cat Fancy thing as a disguise to get her in the door. Turns out she abandoned Wanda all these years ago and left her a lousy note promising to return but never did,” said Rowlf.

“Wow, how horrible for Wanda,” said Kermit.

“It gets worse. She found out about our wedding and it turns out she doesn’t think too kindly of the canine persuasion,” said Rowlf.

“Oh no. Is that the heated discussion I overheard?” asked Kermit.

“Yeah, that’s when Wanda fled up to her room. I have to go see if she’s ok,” said Rowlf heading towards the stairs.

“Let me know if there’s anything I can do,” said Kermit.

“Sure thing,” said Rowlf. Then he stopped on the step he was on. “Kermit?” he asked.

“Yeah?” asked Kermit.

“Are we crazy? Is it wrong that she’s a cat and I’m a dog? Should we be going through with this?” asked Rowlf.

“Do you love Wanda?” responded Kermit.

“More than anything,” said Rowlf.

“Then you know the answers to those questions yourself,” said Kermit and walked away.

Rowlf smiled, feeling grateful once again that he had a friend like Kermit. He then hurried up the stairs to Wanda’s room.

He found her curled up on her bed in a ball, but she wasn’t sobbing. Instead silent tears were falling as she fingered her charm in her paw.

“Hey, it’s me,” said Rowlf softly as he stepped into the room.

“Hi,” said Wanda sitting up.

“She’s gone,” said Rowlf.

“For good?” asked Wanda.

“No! Do you want her to be?” asked Rowlf fearful he made the wrong choice in asking Marie to go wait at her hotel.

“I guess not. So is she here right now?” asked Wanda.

“No, I sent her to her hotel and told her she’d better not leave town or there’d be a troupe of Muppets on her tail rather quickly,” said Rowlf.

Wanda chuckled a little. In some ways the Muppets were a little like the Mafia.

“I can’t believe it’s her. I can’t believe the things she said,” said Wanda.

“Are you more upset about what she said about us or that she’s suddenly here after being absent from your life for so long?” asked Rowlf.

“It was terrible of her to put you down like that,” said Wanda. Rowlf knew better though.

“Do you love me?” he asked the same question Kermit asked him.

“Of course, more than anything, which is more than enough isn’t it. It shouldn’t matter what others think,” said Wanda thinking out loud.

“You got it babe,” said Rowlf.

“Ok, I guess all of my feelings from when I was a little girl have just come rushing back. I still have the note she left me. I can’t tell you how long I used to hope she really would come back even after I started living at Jazzmines,” said Wanda.

“Can I see the note?” asked Rowlf.

Wordlessly Wanda walked over to her vanity, pulled out the picture of her mother along with a very worn, crinkled piece of paper and handed it to Rowlf.

The note read: My sweet baby girl, I’m going away for a little while. You’re getting bigger now and can handle the streets on your own. I just need to get out of here. It’s nothing that you have done my love, I’m just a little messed up right now. But don’t worry about me baby girl, I’ll be fine. In fact, I’ll be back before you know it. In the meantime, here’s a piece of my heart for you to keep with you. I love you. Mama.

“Along with the note was this picture and the heart charm,” said Wanda.

“I wish you would’ve told me all of this sooner, I had no idea how much you’ve been hurting all these years,” said Rowlf.

“Well, the thing is, these last few years have been so great, especially the last year and a half that I’ve been back with you. I’ve been happier than I’ve been in a long time so it didn’t seem worth mentioning,” said Wanda.

“I think you have some things you’re going to need to work out with her. Maybe we should put the wedding on hold,” said Rowlf gently.

“You are right about working things out, but we are not putting our wedding on hold. I’ve waited too long for our wedding and she and I could be working through issues for a long time,” said Wanda.

“Ok, well, whatever I can do to help,” said Rowlf.

“You can start by going with me to see her tomorrow. I’ll get a good night’s sleep, clear my head and then go talk to her. And she is going to accept you as my future husband whether she likes it or not. She forfeited her right to be parental a long time ago,” said Wanda.

Rowlf reached over and embraced his fiancé then left her to head for bed.

Kermit was coming upstairs with a sleeping Robin when Rowlf came out of Wanda’s room.

“How is she?” whispered Kermit.

“Broken. But she’s going to be all right,” whispered Rowlf back. He knew in his heart of hearts that they’d all be all right with time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mewveoleous! Oh, how I ache along and for Wanda though, it must be a deeply troubling time. Having your long-lost mother suddenly show up, disapprove of the fiancee Wanda truly loves, and then have to face her in the morning.
Things that stood out...

Rowlf stopped on a step...
Halfway?

Kermit: Do you love her?
Rowlf: More than anything.
Kermit: Then you know the answers to those questions yourself.
He then turned and walked away.
Yep, sage advice... Nothing you didn't already know though Rowlf.

And that last line from Rowlf's thoughts... They would all be better with time... It's enough to make someone change their sigline.
Love it... Post more! Please? Ish? Please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beth said:
Wanda chuckled a little. In some ways the Muppets were a little like the Mafia.
HAHAHA!! Oh that made me laugh! And it is so true!

Johnny Fiama: You bettah believe it buddy.
Sal: Yeah! You bettah believe it! BUDDY!

*ahem* Yes, well... Great chapter Beth! Can't wait to see what happens next! More please! :big_grin:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...Beth... Kermit's words to Rowlf, on the stairs... about, he all ready knows the answers, and... <Nods> Yeah. ...Yeah. <Grins>

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what's more surprising... Lisa actually finding this story... Or her posting in a fanfic thread. Course, it's not an update to her own stories, which have been sorely lacking lately...
*Casts glare at girl who should be posting more story, soonerishkibbible or she'll get a penguin cannon up her unmentionables.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Whoa, that's a bit harsh there Ed, was that intended at Lisa or me? Probably both of us....

Anyway, I was sent home from work early because we are in the midst of another stupid snowstorm! And the story is saved on my work computer and yadda yadda no update today. But soon. I can't describe the feelings I have for these characters and how connected I am to them and yeah....writing these stories has just been an amazing experience for me. I know, enough of all that, you just want more story. Soon, I promise that much.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Presents Beth and Lisa with extra cocoa powder dusted coffee ganosh chocolate truffles.

It was intended more at Lisa... Heart, Cheese, Flippersteps none of which have been updated lately. Woulda fired off the muffins, but she said she's a penguin cannon girl.
Guess you should invest in a My PC to access your work machine from home Beth. Sorry for the above comments, I just crave good fanfics. Hope the chocolates smooth things over. Post when you've got it as I've come to love these haracters with your stories too.

Java

Reaction score
Ditto to all the appraisals that have already been showered upon this story. Anxiously awaiting more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Beth? Ish? Sorry for last time, hope the goodies left make up for it.

Oh, and I hope more story gets posted soon before my new sigline targets this tome.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh no worries Ed we're good. It's just the weekend so I don't have as much time for writing as I do when I'm just sitting around answering phones at work. So expect more on Monday for sure. :smile: