Songs the Muppets SHOULD have covered...

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
age of Aquarious was used in The Muppet Show before. The sketch had hippie muppets singing it as their hair kept growing longer as they sang. I forget in wich episode though. I also know that it was an opening sketch.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Zoot could sing "Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner to his saxaphone. (Wouldn't that be funny)

Or perhaps if the muppets did an all out disco show Janice could sing "Boogie Oogie Oogie" by A Taste Of Honey.

Or if you want an real oldie song that came out in 1962, how about "Vacation" by Connie Francis. Janice could sing that song.

How about "Shout" by Tears for Fears. The entire band could sing at different points of the song.

Dr. Teeth could sing "Travelin Band" by CCR.

Floyd and Kermit could sing "Girl Watcher" by The O'Kaysions with Janice and Piggy giving them dirty looks.

"Dangerous Type" by The Cars could be sung by either Floyd or Zoot with Gonzo doing dangerous things like blowing himself out of a cannon and what not.

How about "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations sung by Floyd.

Floyd could sing "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac.

I'll add more late when I think of more stuff.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
age of Aquarious was used in The Muppet Show before. The sketch had hippie muppets singing it as their hair kept growing longer as they sang. I forget in wich episode though. I also know that it was an opening sketch.
It was episode 316 of The Muppet Show (Danny Kaye)
Thanks for the info! How about "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival sung by the Electric Mayhems, and I was also thinking maybe Crazy Harry singing "I Go To Extremes" by Billy Joel.

superboober

Reaction score
How about "Tubthumping," with characters (somehow I see a bunch of Penguins in my head) dancing around an actual tub and whacking it between "getting knocked down and getting up again." Eventually they get knocked down for good, perhaps flattened by a gigantic bowling ball that comes out of nowhere. :zany:

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I thought that the Mayhem would be good at doing "Play That Funky Music" by The Black Cherries, or "Experimental Film" by They Might Be Giants.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
"MacArthur Park" (by The Three Degrees) could have been sung by some Muppet Monsters (including Miss Kitty, Boppity, and Snake Frackle) in either late Season 1 or early Season 2 of "The Muppet Show".

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
During a wedding, I thought of some great ideas.

Pepe: I'm Too Sexy, A Mi Manera, Chocolate and These Boots are Made for Walking

The Electric Mayhem: What I Like About You and Hooked on a Feeling

The way I see Hooked on a Feeling is a Season 5 episode of The Muppet Show, so it would include Lips. The band would be in swimsuits and playing their instruments while sitting on fishing hooks with Floyd on main vocals. (And, thankfully, Dr. Teeth would have on one of those one-piece swimsuits. The thought of him without a shirt gives me the jibblies.)

peyjenk

Reaction score
I think "No One is Alone" from Sondheim's Into the Woods would be a nice Muppet song, in the vein of "Just One Person".