The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The next sneak peek from the third Spidey/Muppets crossover is based on the subway battle that's supposed to take place in the film between Spidey and Sandman. Only my version includes a few more villains and heroes.

I feel that I should warn all of you though that this "sneak peek" does give away some information as to which classic Muppet villains are going to become classic Spidey villains in the story.

"The Spectacular" (Sneak Peek)
"Revenge"

The Muppets had never anticipated on Holiday and his henchmen becoming just as more super-powered than Marko was. Beauregard, Fozzie, Lew Zealand, and Rizzo tried desperately to avoid Darla, as she chased them down a dark, damp tunnel and unleashed powerful, concentrated, vibrating air blasts from her gauntlets.

“LOOK OUT!!!” Fozzie screamed, and they all dodged out of the way, just in time for the blasts to come in contact with a section of the wall, which crumbled to pieces on impact. Fozzie, Beauregard, Rizzo, and Lew went down another tunnel, but they didn’t expect to cross paths with Gonzo, Camilla, Scooter, and the Electric Mayhem, who were all being chased by a massive tidal wave that Marla transformed herself into.

“GANG WAY!!!!” Gonzo shouted, just as they were all caught by the wave and were splashed against a wall. Had the wall not given way on impact, throwing everyone into another section of the underground subway, Marla could’ve drowned them with her tidal wave attack.

The section of the subway that they found themselves in was located forty feet beneath a set of subway tracks. As the horrendous sound of the train rolling against the tracks roared overhead, the group of terrified Muppets got to their feet, while puddles of water moved all around them and came together to form the slender body of Marla. Animal wiped the water out of his eyes and noticed how she was coming in for another attack, with her fluid fists increased to a massive size.

“BAD WOMAN! BAD WOMAN!” Animal yelled, just before he leaped high into the air and soared towards Marla’s upper body. When he was just a couple of feet away from her, Marla punched him with one of her giant fists, knocking him into a set of wooden poles that supported the subway tracks.

“That was for trying to hit on me back at the Mallory Gallery, you…animal!!” Marla angrily said.

The other Muppets attempted to escape, while Marla’s attention was distracted on Animal, but they stopped when they noticed Kermit nearby, dodging the attempted blows from the cybernetic tail attached to scorpion-like armor worn by Nicky Holiday. The frog couldn’t have been more afraid of the sharp, metal hook that was connected to the tail, which Nicky used fiercely to shred him to pieces.

“Nicky, please! Don’t do this!!” Kermit pleaded, as the hook came in contact with one of the poles, severing it instantly. Nicky’s mouth was drooling and his head was sweating through his metallic helmet, which he was using to mentally control his cybernetic tail.

“Ten years I spent at Riker’s, Frog! TEN YEARS!!!” Nicky swung again, that time near Kermit’s feet, missing him by an inch and creating fiery sparks as the metal hook scrapped against the concrete. “No way am I gonna back away from this opportunity!!!” Nicky was about to come at him again, until something large, swift, and black swung his way and kicked him from behind, sending him flying fifteen feet across the air and crashing into several poles before landing roughly against another set of tracks. “What the…” When Nicky looked up to see what hit him, he noticed the black-suited Spider-Man, clinging to a wall and glaring at him. “I’m gonna get you for that, wall-crawler!!”

“Leave the muppet alone, Holiday! Your fight is with me!!” Spidey viciously said.

“NO!!!” Holiday snapped. “I’ve spent too many years in prison to lose them now! Killing them means everything to me!!”

“JUST AS THE MAN YOU SHOT IN COLD BLOOD DID TO ME!!!!!!!!!” Spider-Man screamed wildly, as he fired two web strands that connected to the chest plate of Holiday’s armor and pulled his body off the wall with superhuman strength, sending him flying towards Nicky at incredible speed and kicking him off the tracks. Nicky’s screams echoed throughout the underground subway, as he fell back towards the very bottom. But they were soon drained out by the vicious screams of Spider-Man, as he fell with Holiday and grabbed him roughly, throwing his body towards Marla. As soon as his body hit hers, she splashed away, leaving Nicky to fall into a puddle of her watery remains.

Meanwhile, Spider-Man was caught by surprise from a hard blow that knocked him off the tracks. As his black-shrouded body soared through the air, he snatched a pole and briefly swung around it, holding onto it as he looked to see who it was that attacked him from behind. When he realized it was Flint Marko, who had one hand formed into a large, rock-solid fist, his anger began to increase.

“You’re next on my hit list, Marko!!” Spider-Man declared.

“I don’t think so, web-head!” A feminine voice exclaimed from down below, and Spider-Man looked down to see Carla, using her electrical abilities to singe the pole that Spidey was on to ash. Before the electrical charge could’ve reached him and the section of the pole he was holding onto, Spider-Man leaped from it and started falling towards Carla, attempting to pounce on her. But she countered his attack with one electrical punch to his torso, which sent him flying through the air and landing on the highest set of tracks.

Both Marko and Carla expanded their bodies to great lengths, in order to reach the set of tracks that Spider-Man was on. Once they were near him, Spidey didn’t hold back. He unleashed a powerful punch that connected to Carla’s face, sending out a massive amount of electrical sparks from the side of her head on impact. With Carla knocked down, Spidey then focused on Marko, who tried pulverizing the web-slinger with the rock hard, hammer-shaped fists that he morphed his hands into.

After a few swings from Marko and a few dodges executed by Spider-Man, Spidey then fired a web into the air and swung out of harm’s way. For a moment, he disappeared from Marko’s sights, but within a split second, he appeared again, swinging in towards Marko and knocking him into a passing train. Clouds of dust came out from Marko’s body, just as he smacked against the side of the moving train. He fell to the ground for a moment and was then picked up again by Spider-Man, who rammed his head against the moving train, causing several grains of sand to fly in all directions from it. Marko screamed in a mixture of anger and pain as that happened.

Another "sneak peek" will be coming soon. Stay tuned.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Loved it as usual...

Nitpicks.
It should be "the wall gave way" instead of "given way" in the battle scene with Darla and Marla.
It should be "when he was an inch away from her" when Animal jumps up to meet Marla, there's a bit of gender confusion with the pronouns as to which character you're refering.

So... Nicky Holiday has taken the place of Mac Gargon, Marla is playing the role of Maury Bench, Carla has succeeded the Red Skull's birth son (forgot his ral name)... But who is Darla supposed to be? She's the only one I don't recognize.
Hope to hear from you soon. Keep posting!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
So... Nicky Holiday has taken the place of Mac Gargon, Marla is playing the role of Maury Bench, Carla has succeeded the Red Skull's birth son (forgot his ral name)... But who is Darla supposed to be? She's the only one I don't recognize.
Maxwell Dillon was Electro's real name.

And Darla is a female version of Shocker (a.k.a. Herman Schultz).:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... We might be getting our characters confused. While you may be correct in that Maxwell Dylan was Elektro's true identity, the one I know of is the one from the 1992 animated series, where the Red Skull's birth son became Elektro.

And on a related note... Were Elektro's powers/attacks based on electricity? If not, then is it Carla who's a female version of The Shocker? Asking because it was she who had an electric based shortout in that sneak peak you posted. Darla had air blasting gauntlets, so I'm not sure what Spidey villain she's supposed to be.
Hope we can get this settled soon. Take care.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yes, Electro's powers are based on electricity. Shocker's is based on high frequency shock waves (which, if I'm correct, can wipe out the symbiote in a quick moment).

Darla is supposed to be Shocker, because she has the same type of gauntlets that he uses in the comics. Carla is Electro, because she is genetically altered to become a living bolt of electricity.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Now for some news I just finished reading.
Sam Raimi has confirmed there will indeed be a Spider-Man 4, all he needs to get things started is a script. Alvin Sergeant, who scripted Spidey 2 and 3, is reportedly off the team opting himself to pass on scripting the next one as both he and Raimi said they'd need someone new. Also, it seems that a character who dies in Spider-Man 3 merely pulls off the ilusion, or is as the term first coined in The Princess Bride, nearly dies. There's a difference between the two as Miracle Max pointed out.
After watching Spider-Man 3, you can go to www.filmforce.com and either vote for or submit your thoughts on which character that dies will be the one returning to NYC in the next movie.

Hope this helps, I know you've probably read this already at SHH. Have a great day.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, it's good to hear that they're now considering a fourth film, because that means more appearances from more Spidey villains or anti-heroes. It's too bad that Alvin Sergeant won't be coming back, because he really did a great job with the second film (which can only mean the third is just as great).

And I think I have a good idea which character it'll be who "nearly dies" in the third film. I'll be sure to go on there and vote after I see the film this Saturday.

Might want to fix the link you provided there, because when I clicked on it, it gave me the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message. You just forgot to put the "L" in between the "I" and "M" in "filmforce".:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Fixed it, my JAWS sometimes doesn't keep up with the speed at which I write and I have to spend extra time checking my own posts for mistakes like that. You know, I'm going to have to change my sig once the current MC BB/LS challenge is over and a new monicker for my SS namesake is decided upon. And it'll be a sig you'll recognize fright off the bat, as it'll reflect on my new-found enhancements.

BTW: Got an idea of what Alissa Lori Thomas looks like... But could you please provide a descript for everybody else who might not be able to see the images you posted for some reason or other? And what movie actress, animated character, or diva would you say she resembles best from your vast field of franchises?
Hope to hear from you soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Kermit: Hi-ho, friends. Kermit the Frog back again for another interesting interview. And this one should be really interesting for you fans of The Great Muppet Caper, because with me now is the villain of that "Muppet Movie" and the soon-to-be villain of the next Spidey/Muppets crossover, Nicky Holiday. *starts to get a little nervous* And, uh, to keep any horrible altercations from happening, we set up this nice, protective sheet of bulletproof glass to keep us separated.

Nicky:*furiously* Don't think this glass can hold me for very long, Frog! I will get back at you for putting me in prison!!

Kermit: Oh, come on. Give it a rest, Nicky. I was just doing my job as hero, like you were just doing your job as the villain.

Nicky:*calmly* Yeah, I guess you're right. *sort of angrily* But I am going to get you back in this upcoming story!

Kermit: Fine. Fine. Let's just move on with the interview, shall we?

Nicky: Sure. Whatever.

Gonzo:*steps in on cue* Someone call for me?!

Kermit: No, Gonzo. It was just a running gag that's getting old. No trouble here...*looks at Nicky*...at least not yet.

Gonzo: At least I'm getting some "Internet Time". *walks off*

Kermit: Well, Nicky, you sure have come a long way from stealing valuable jewelry from your own sister. According to that "sneak peek" we all just read last night, you become one of the most dangerous foes in the Amazing Spider-Man's rogue gallery.

Nicky: Yes, I become a super villain in this next tale. One better known as "The Scorpion".

Kermit: And Marla, Darla, and Carla seem to be super-powered as well, becoming more feminine versions of Hydro-Man, Shocker, and Electro. Does that in any way make you feel uneasy knowing that your henchwomen are just as powered as you?

Nicky: What? You think they're going to turn on me, when I least suspect it? Oh, come on. My girls are loyal to me. Always have and always will be. Besides, if there's anyone who's more powerful than them, it's me. I have the large tail with the huge, sharp hook, remember?

Kermit: Yeah, but the suit you wear for your powers and abilities only come from mental commands through the helmet on your head. Whereas, two of the girls have been genetically altered to become living water and electricity.

Nicky: Uh....what?

Kermit: Never mind. So, it's obvious that your main goal in this tale is to do away with us, The Muppets.

Nicky:*angrily* Yes! You all ruined my life, after the attempted robbery at the Mallory Gallery! I had to spend years in prison, seeing the lives and careers of you foamed freaks come alive on television, with your Muppet shows and movies! Well, it's payback time!

Kermit:*gulps* Well...uh...you're not the only one in this story looking for revenge. Peter Parker's looking for vegeance over his uncle's death by the hands of your partner in crime, Flint Marko (a.k.a. Sandman).

Nicky: Hey, I wasn't even in the first story when that happened! I was too busy sharing a prison cell with a Colonel Sanders reject and his lame assistant!

Kermit:*shivers* Don't remind me of those two.

Nicky: I just don't see why Spidey has to come at me for that.

Kermit: Well, even though you weren't actually in the first story, Nicky, the timeline of all three proves that you and your henchwomen were there when Uncle Ben was killed. The only question that remains is which one of you had pulled the trigger?

Nicky: Look at the trailers for the movie! Look at the clips! It was Marko; not me! Would I ever pull a gun on someone?

Kermit: You pulled one on me at the climax of The Great Muppet Caper!!!

Nicky: Yeah, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Kermit: YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME NOW!!!!

Nicky: And your point is?

Kermit: You've changed drastically since "The Caper", Nicky. You've become nothing more than a murderous maniac bent on revenge.

Nicky: Yeah. Cool, eh?

Kermit:*shakes head and sighs* I'm trying to figure out what your goal was in killing Uncle Ben. We hardly even knew Peter at that point in the series.

Nicky: Don't worry. You and everyone else will find out the reason, once you read the story.

Kermit: Well, I hope so. Because your character's getting more and more complicated each second we wait for this story to come. You even team up with Rachel Bitterman in this story, don't you?

Nicky: Rachel is one marvelous woman. She provides me with the suit that gives me the scorpion-like powers and abilities that I use to hunt down you Muppets in the story.

Kermit: And I've also heard that Professor Krassman, the mad scientist who tried to turn my brain into guacamole in The Muppet Movie, is working for Rachel in this story also.

Nicky: Well, first of all, I'm not working for anyone but myself. And, second, Krassman is a weirdo!

Gonzo:*steps in again* Now I know someone called me this time!

Kermit: Sorry, Gonzo. It's that old running gag again.

Gonzo:*frustrated* If I hear the word "alien", you guys are in trouble. *walks off again*

Kermit: Anyways, Krassman is pretty much the reason a lot of characters change radically through the course of the story, from yourself to the character based on the series' writer, Sean Thomas.

Nicky: We all change in this story for one reason and one reason only: to annihilate those that stand in the way of our main goals.

Kermit: Tough words coming from a guy sitting behind a sheet of glass.

Nicky: OH, YEAH?!?!?!

(Nicky charges at Kermit, only to smack his head against the glass really hard and knocked himself out cold.)

Kermit:*laughs* He might be the next Scorpion, folks, but he'll always be the same stupid crook who we defeated once in The Great Muppet Caper. But can we defeated him again, especially since he's now more super-powered and chaotic? It'd take a remarkably Marvelous Muppet to handle such a villain. And you'll have to see which Muppet that'll be this Saturday, as "The Spectacular" (the third Spidey/Muppets crossover) comes to Muppet Central. Stay tuned, 'cause there's more to come.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! We need more of this... Great storytelling and great Muppet fictional adventures. Please, may we have some more? Soon?