Muppet Replicas on Ebay

spcglider

Reaction score
young man you have said you can do what you want, we do not live in Nazi Germany. You are correct, but that doesn't mean you have to support those who break the law by making money off of the backs of thoses who have spend time, money and talent to see their ideas come to life.

That's why we have copyright laws to protect the interest of those who should benefit from their hard work, not like your friend.

You are very fortunate to live in this county. But to live in this county means to be responsible for your choices.

Biblebetty
Thank you Biblebetty, very eloquent and truthful reply.

-Gordon

Nick

Reaction score
Thanks SPC and BB... I will listen to Fozzie and bite my tongue. But know that I now have a mouth full of blood!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping everything diplomatic.

Honestly, I know for a fact folks from all the companies whose work we celebrate here visit this message board. They don't post (not that I know of, anyway), but they see what we say.

If we begin to support the copyright infringement on the characters we could see a day when either of the companies begin to force both this website and forum closed, and I don't want to see that. Muppet Central is the first online website and forum I ever got interested or participated in, so it's important to me for many reasons.

I also think that diplomatic handling of situations is more along the lines of how Jim Henson would handle things and is how he would expect us to handle anything. Another reason for asking for truces and pleasantness. There are a lot of things I take into consideration, and I do have a tough time being a fan, friend, moderator, and opinionated at the same time, but I do consider what would Jim like or appreciate from his fans, and beg others to consider the same thing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yes, it is great that we can all be here as Fans and that this fan based website keeps going.I have heard of a few companies and Artists that will only have one official website and all the others had to close, so lets not rock our privelege and remain friendly but also truthfull and express ourselves without arguement.

Telly

Reaction score
I really want the Scooter one. You should've seen his Piggy! WOW!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Alas! If only I had a thousand bucks to spare...

Really it's still alas, if only I had 200 bucks to spare to buy the Kermit photo puppet... :frown: Soon I'm gonna need 400 for Kerm and Gonzo...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Hello,

a seller named hydrocraft offers real custom made Muppets at Ebay. The Photos of the characters look great, and the puppets are quiet expensive. You'll find them here:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZhydrocrafts

What's your opinions about the offer?
same guy/girl who has been the topic of much discusion, keeps having to make new auction accounts because he/she gets reported , since he/she is selling unliscened replicas, basicly they are breaking mnay copyright and trademark laws, they know it and continue to sell the knockoffs, disney and Henson and CTW(sesame workshop) are aware but he/she is hard to track down.

Ebay has a policy against selling unauthoried replicas , many people report this person, and the auctions get closed.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Alas! If only I had a thousand bucks to spare...

Really it's still alas, if only I had 200 bucks to spare to buy the Kermit photo puppet... :frown: Soon I'm gonna need 400 for Kerm and Gonzo...
in all honestly you should not be supporting this persons theft of intelectual ,trademarked,and copyrighted properties.