New Moderator: Ed

Vic Romano

Reaction score
What's your fav episode, Ed? And do you prefer Joel or Mike?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Can't say I have a single fave episode, as I watched MST3K and have that engrained in me as much as my namesake Muppet. Heh, when my friends and brothers and I went to see Return of the King, a couple of us were busting the movie almost non-stop. The one instance I remember was when Gandalf comes in to speak to the feudal lord they were seeking help from...
Gandalf: Lord Theodon...
*Silence.
Me: What up?

As for the Joel vs. Mike issue... Well, I certainly remember and think of Joel as more of the guy who this belongs to as his brainchild. And there are memorable moments with him. But Mike shone through with all the recurring movie-specific characters like Pinch and Torgo.
Guess my answer would have to be Joike.
Thanks for the answer Gypsy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And you know you're somewhat of an institution in the field when others are paying homage to you with their own parodies, well done parodies mind you.
Case in point... There was an episode of Animaniacs where they were riffing on the end credits of their own show ala MST3K.
Also, it's good to know Magic Voice's still working over on the Iron Chef America show. Now there's another show I love! Along with The Grim Adventures.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah... And you know you're somewhat of an institution in the field when others are paying homage to you with their own parodies, well done parodies mind you.
Case in point... There was an episode of Animaniacs where they were riffing on the end credits of their own show ala MST3K.
Also, it's good to know Magic Voice's still working over on the Iron Chef America show. Now there's another show I love! Along with The Grim Adventures.
Don't forget The Film Crew, which reunites Mike, Kevin and Bill. This summer, their launching a new DVD series in which, yes, they riff on bad movies. The first two titles are Hollywood After Dark, starring Rue McClannahan(!) and Killers From Space.

Rhino is also releasing MST3K Vol. 11, which will include Ring of Terror (with the short The Phantom Creeps, Pt. 3), The Indestructible Man (starring Lon Chaney, Jr., and with the short Undersea Kingdom, Pt. 2), Tormented ("Tom Stewart killed me! Tom Stewart killed me!"), and Horrors of Spider Island.

It'll be a good summer for Misties!

MOVIE SIGN!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Especially seeing Tom blow his fishbowl head at the end of Tormented in the sign-off sketch.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Congratulations count! for some reason i thought you already were a mod....haha.....well good luck!!!!!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Congrats ED that's wonderful! Good luck with your new found responsibility.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Traveling Pat and Lana.

You guys OK? Need anything to drink? If so, please call Grover over, he's doing the waitering here.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That;s great, Ed! Congradulations! You are perfect for the Job!:excited: I honestly couldn't see anyone doing a better job at this the you could!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Will. Hope you have a good day.