"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
-Dave Goelz saying "Hello to everyone out there on Youtube" after seeing people recording the panel.
That's great news, I can't wait until the videos show up on youtube for the rest of us. Please keep the updates coming for those of us who couldn't make it! It's exciting reading ..... thanks.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Best weekend ever, and especially great meeting some MC people.

My highlights were of course, giving Gonzo the necklace (trivia: his nose is really scratchy). And the panel, and meeting Elmo (trivia: there is nothing to kill the whole "I'm shy about meeting Elmo" thing than him screaming "YAAAAY!" and flying towards you.) And watching Kevin and Elmo sing "La la la la Lily's World" to a toddler.

And the panel, when Elmo and Gonzo got in that fight about pronouns so Elmo ended up saying: "Elmo says "he" and "him" sometimes, but never...those two other words. It's contractual. Elmo gets paid by the 'Elmo'."

Oh and sitting in front of Dave at the Musical Moments events, that was pretty cool.

Oh and watching all the adults at the benefit circle around Elmo for pictures.

Oh and Fran's thing at Dog City about the dumb-blonde-ta-da girl she used to play who would go "TA DAWW".

Here's a few photos, it's on facebook but it's public so let me know if you can't access it.

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11496&l=cc7f9&id=602535910

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
And the panel, when Elmo and Gonzo got in that fight about pronouns so Elmo ended up saying: "Elmo says "he" and "him" sometimes, but never...those two other words. It's contractual. Elmo gets paid by the 'Elmo'."
HAHAHAHA! Oh that is BY FAR the funniest thing I have ever heard Elmo say, EVER! HAHAHAHA! Oh and I love that Gonzo brought it about! Oh that is SO funny! GREAT pics! Hope a video surfaces soon!

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Best weekend ever, and especially great meeting some MC people.

My highlights were of course, giving Gonzo the necklace (trivia: his nose is really scratchy). And the panel, and meeting Elmo (trivia: there is nothing to kill the whole "I'm shy about meeting Elmo" thing than him screaming "YAAAAY!" and flying towards you.) And watching Kevin and Elmo sing "La la la la Lily's World" to a toddler.

Oh and sitting in front of Dave at the Musical Moments events, that was pretty cool.

Oh and watching all the adults at the benefit circle around Elmo for pictures.

Oh and Fran's thing at Dog City about the dumb-blonde-ta-da girl she used to play who would go "TA DAWW".

Here's a few photos, it's on facebook but it's public so let me know if you can't access it.

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11496&l=cc7f9&id=602535910
I now have pics up on my Flickr account: www.flickr.com/photos/melissay1 and in the Celebrity photo album (along with older Muppet related pics) on my MySpace: www.myspace.com/melissay1
Wow, great pics from both of you :smile:

I had such a great time this weekend. I wish there were more events like this :smirk:

ploobis

Reaction score
I will be putting some cool pics of yesturday to my myspace soon! :smile:

"YESTURDAY WAS AWESOME!" :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
The Commercials & Experiments screening was AWESOME! I loved the old Esskay Meats commercials with Kermit, Harry The Hipster and Moldy Hay!

I also really loved Rowlf's Purina Dog Chow commercials and his beautiful version of "My Way". I don't know if that short was made in the late 60's or the early 70's.

:smile: :sympathy:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I too have a few pictures and, while I don't have videos of the panel, I have an audio version of the entire thing.

It was an AMAZING experience overall--...but next time I will NOT be bringing children along. At all. The only time they were well-behaved was during Muppet Treasure Island. The ONLY time.

But meeting Dave was... unbelievable. Surreal. He signed my Of Muppets and Men in Zoot, Beauregard (who has the best signature ever), Bunsen Honeydew ("Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, PHD. INCOMP."--the INCOMP obviously stands for incompetant but Dave said Bunsen thought it stood for incomparable haha!) and, of course, the Great Gonzo. Rose got her Fraggle DVD signed with every character he did on that--including the World's Oldest Fraggle! There were so many wonderful things about the weekend but I am EXHAUSTED now and have to put two eight year olds to bed, so I'll update soon--and hopefully soon after be able to email out audios of the panel and Dave post-GMC Q&A! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH THAT IS SO COOL, SARAH! :excited: Is there anyway you can scan Beau's signature? I didn't even know he had one! :stick_out_tongue: And I hope I'm included in that e-mailing of audios...:halo: That sounds SO cool!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Hah you did seem pretty exhausted with the kids at the panel, Sarah. But they did seem awfully excited to be there.

It's so cool how you got Dave to sign so many characters. I just got a Gonzo one. And Kevin Clash drew Elmo in my sketchbook. Not as cool as a Bunsen Honeydew PHD. signature though. :smile: