"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Is there anyway you can scan Beau's signature? I didn't even know he had one! :stick_out_tongue: And I hope I'm included in that e-mailing of audios...:halo: That sounds SO cool!
I've ripped the audio tracks from my MP3 player so I can send those out to anyone who wants them! I'm pretty sure there's some audio of me yelling at my sister and Cody to keep quiet and stop moving around and Cody knocked the MP3 player onto the ground a couple of times (sigh) but you can hear everything really well for the panel. The other audios I have are of Dave's/Gonzo's intro to TMM and Dave's Q&A post-GMC. That audio starts a little bit in because I forgot about it while I was trying to take a video. That video is taking a half hour to transfer from my camera to my comp so I have no idea how long it will take to upload online. I have no experience with youtube in an uploading-capacity--does anyone know the best way to handle this?

As to Beau's signature, I'll certainly try to upload it, but it probably won't be for awhile. I don't have any way of scanning it into my comp from my apt, so I will either have to take the book home with me or to the library to scan it.

Hah you did seem pretty exhausted with the kids at the panel, Sarah. But they did seem awfully excited to be there.

It's so cool how you got Dave to sign so many characters. I just got a Gonzo one. And Kevin Clash drew Elmo in my sketchbook. Not as cool as a Bunsen Honeydew PHD. signature though. :smile:
Yeah. It would have been great if the kids could've gone to TMM, MTI and MTM and gone away while I did all the stuff meant for adult Muppet fans. I mean, I wasn't about to miss Muppet History 101, but they were EMBARASSINGLY annoying through the entire program. I was mortified!

I was so happy that Dave gave Rose and me so many autographs, but I felt bad because we were DEFINITELY holding up the line. We were in front of Dave for FAR too long. I wish I had gotten a chance to talk to him more, and to talk to Craig who was way awesome this weekend, but you can't really carry on conversations while you're chasing kids around.

Never again. Not until they're 12 or so. Oy. Haha!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I too have a few pictures and, while I don't have videos of the panel, I have an audio version of the entire thing.

It was an AMAZING experience overall--...but next time I will NOT be bringing children along. At all. The only time they were well-behaved was during Muppet Treasure Island. The ONLY time.

But meeting Dave was... unbelievable. Surreal. He signed my Of Muppets and Men in Zoot, Beauregard (who has the best signature ever), Bunsen Honeydew ("Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, PHD. INCOMP."--the INCOMP obviously stands for incompetant but Dave said Bunsen thought it stood for incomparable haha!) and, of course, the Great Gonzo. Rose got her Fraggle DVD signed with every character he did on that--including the World's Oldest Fraggle! There were so many wonderful things about the weekend but I am EXHAUSTED now and have to put two eight year olds to bed, so I'll update soon--and hopefully soon after be able to email out audios of the panel and Dave post-GMC Q&A! :smile:
Wait a minute, Sarah if you don't mind my asking: were you the one with the two kids in the lobby saying to them "You're not related to them hence have no obligation to buy them anything". I saw a young woman saying that to two kids and I have to say it cracked me up. :smile: Who were those kids? And did anybody get a load of that freakish Gonzo Girl? What was up with that? She was harassing EVERYONE who worked at the theater if she could get a picture with Gonzo yet she was oddly missing in action when Dave Goelz was posing for pics after the Great Muppet Caper screening on Saturday. After the Q&A panel when they put Gonzo away she actually started freaking out and yelled "But I wanted a picture with GONZO!"

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
...when they put Gonzo away she actually started freaking out and yelled "But I wanted a picture with GONZO!"
Well you should have seen her Friday night when she was dressed as Super Grover... But The "G" logo was sewn on backwards, I know not everyone knows who plays what character... but confusing Grover and Gonzo after he repeatedly was introducead as Gonzo... You could actually see the fear in Dave's eyes...But he was really nice about it.

And Sarah was havin' a great time wasn't she?:halo:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Wait a minute, Sarah if you don't mind my asking: were you the one with the two kids in the lobby saying to them "You're not related to them hence have no obligation to buy them anything". I saw a young woman saying that to two kids and I have to say it cracked me up. :smile: Who were those kids?
Hahahahaha that was TOTALLY me! Hehe. Yeah, well, ONE of them was my sister Rose, the other kid was Cody, who I babysit for and who's friends with my sister. I offered to take them both, and like I've said since--NEVER AGAIN! They were only taking cash for everything and his mother had only given me $40 for food--which he spent very quickly. Movie theater prices, sheesh. So I wasn't about to buy him ANYTHING--I'd spent a FORTUNE getting us there! But then on Sunday I relented, went to 7/11 and gave them each $20 to do with as they wanted. His mom will pay me back, she already said so. Oy.

And did anybody get a load of that freakish Gonzo Girl? What was up with that? She was harassing EVERYONE who worked at the theater if she could get a picture with Gonzo yet she was oddly missing in action when Dave Goelz was posing for pics after the Great Muppet Caper screening on Saturday. After the Q&A panel when they put Gonzo away she actually started freaking out and yelled "But I wanted a picture with GONZO!"
OMG, I KNOW! Yeah, she was pretty much assaulting everyone and I was there when she blew out of the panel. Someone asked her for a picture with her and she was like "No! No more pictures with me until *I* get one with *GONZO*! I was like "...woah..." We were really lucky--we got there early for the workshop on Saturday and Elmo and Zoe were just leaving the intro to Adventures in Grouchland and the kids got their pictures taken with them both and then I literally turned around and saw Dave walking down the hall with Gonzo and screamed "Oh My GOD!" Haha, I was taken by SURPRISE! And then Dave/Gonzo went out to take pictures with Cinema Arts Centre people in front of a sign and while he was doing that Kevin and Fran signed the things we had for them and then once Dave was done we jumped in and had our pictures taken with him and Gonzo. So we didn't even stay after Caper because we'd already gotten them, and they were pretty tight on the schedule after that.

And Sarah was havin' a great time wasn't she?:halo:
Oh yeah, a hoot and a half. Again, I say, never again. Next time I go with adults. Or by myself.

Oh and to everyone who wants the panel audio--it's too big (80 something minutes or so) to upload to my gmail to email out and I'm trying YouSendIt but that's taking a long time too. So I'll get it uploaded in whatever way I can as soon as I can, I promise!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hahahahaha that was TOTALLY me! Hehe. Yeah, well, ONE of them was my sister Rose, the other kid was Cody, who I babysit for and who's friends with my sister. I offered to take them both, and like I've said since--NEVER AGAIN! They were only taking cash for everything and his mother had only given me $40 for food--which he spent very quickly. Movie theater prices, sheesh. So I wasn't about to buy him ANYTHING--I'd spent a FORTUNE getting us there! But then on Sunday I relented, went to 7/11 and gave them each $20 to do with as they wanted. His mom will pay me back, she already said so. Oy.

OMG, I KNOW! Yeah, she was pretty much assaulting everyone and I was there when she blew out of the panel. Someone asked her for a picture with her and she was like "No! No more pictures with me until *I* get one with *GONZO*! I was like "...woah..." We were really lucky--we got there early for the workshop on Saturday and Elmo and Zoe were just leaving the intro to Adventures in Grouchland and the kids got their pictures taken with them both and then I literally turned around and saw Dave walking down the hall with Gonzo and screamed "Oh My GOD!" Haha, I was taken by SURPRISE! And then Dave/Gonzo went out to take pictures with Cinema Arts Centre people in front of a sign and while he was doing that Kevin and Fran signed the things we had for them and then once Dave was done we jumped in and had our pictures taken with him and Gonzo. So we didn't even stay after Caper because we'd already gotten them, and they were pretty tight on the schedule after that.

Oh yeah, a hoot and a half. Again, I say, never again. Next time I go with adults. Or by myself.

Oh and to everyone who wants the panel audio--it's too big (80 something minutes or so) to upload to my gmail to email out and I'm trying YouSendIt but that's taking a long time too. So I'll get it uploaded in whatever way I can as soon as I can, I promise!
That whole scenario I witnessed with your sister and her friend reminded me of this story my father always tells about when he had to go on a class trip with my younger sister (she's in her mid 20s now) to the zoo and he got stuck chaperoning this other little girl who wanted my father to buy her stuff the whole time. LOL Yeah you definitely gotta go non-kids in tow to things like this. Someone had an INFANT at the Commercials and Experiments screening a few rows behind us. The kid was good most of the time I guess she was just staring at the puppets but during the Wilson's Meats footage where they show the Henson folks at a meeting with the Wilson's ad people the kid started fussing and screaming. It's called a babysitter, people...get one!

Oh my god, poor Dave Goelz and that Gonzo girl. She was totally freaking me and my friend out while we were waiting online for the Q&A panel. Matter of fact at one point she was standing right behind us and she asked if we could hold onto her question card while she went back to her car to look for her camera. So when she came back, my friend who was with me was busting her chops (he has twisted humor like me) and said to her "I burned your question card." You had to see the look of HORROR on her face. No sense of humor at all. Even DURING the Q&A Jane Henson was distracted by her she forgot what the question was at one point!

I'm really sorry I missed Fran Brill. Was she nice? I've always wanted to see/meet her in person and unfortunately because things ran late and they had the benefit right after the Q&A everyone rushed out and I didn't get to talk to her or get a pic with Zoe. Oh well...at least I didn't harass the entire theater staff because of it :wink:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Well you should have seen her Friday night when she was dressed as Super Grover... But The "G" logo was sewn on backwards, I know not everyone knows who plays what character... but confusing Grover and Gonzo after he repeatedly was introducead as Gonzo... You could actually see the fear in Dave's eyes...But he was really nice about it.

Wow, I missed that one. *phew* My mom and I were like "Okayyyy thennnn..." LOL!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, did anybody learn any interesting facts about the Muppets that we hadn't previously known? Did they say anything about The Great Muppet Caper (outside of introducing it) or Follow That Bird? Did anybody talk about any deleted sceens from the first three Muppet movies?

Cecilia5

Reaction score
Any videos up yet? I love those pictures ya'll got!

OMG, I cannot stop laughing at the comments about the gonzo/grover woman. We of course saw her too on Friday.

ploobis

Reaction score
Any videos up yet? I love those pictures ya'll got!

OMG, I cannot stop laughing at the comments about the gonzo/grover woman. We of course saw her too on Friday.
I remember seeing her on Saturday. She must be a real Gonzo fan! :concern: