"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

ploobis

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me about the Muppet clips they showed at the Muppet History screening on Sunday?

Thank you. :smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
You missed it? Well they showed a few things from Commercials and Experiments, a few other Wilkins commercials, some old interviews including a great one where Fozzie takes over Kermit's interviewee job. They showed some things from the Jimmy Dean show where Rowlf's nephew wanted to meet Jimmy Dean and writes him a poem, but accidentally dedicates it to Jimmy Durante and a few others. There was also an old variety show that the Country Trio performed in, and then the three puppeteers came around from behind the wall to speak.

And then they showed a lot of the improvised promo spots for the Muppet Show, and to UK Spots: Any Old Iron and Danny Boy.

I think that was it but if anyone wants to fill in parts I forgot that's fine. :smile:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
There was also an old variety show that the Country Trio performed in, and then the three puppeteers came around from behind the wall to speak.
Yeah, the show was The Dick Cavett show.

I LOVED TMS promos--they were HILARIOUS! All of them! I could watch those over and over. And Danny Boy? I'd never seen that before--and I was CRYING I was laughing so hard! Ha!

ploobis

Reaction score

I LOVED TMS promos--they were HILARIOUS! All of them! I could watch those over and over. And Danny Boy? I'd never seen that before--and I was CRYING I was laughing so hard! Ha!
Were the Muppet Show promos the same as the ones on the first season DVD set or were they promos that were not on the first season set?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score

The promos were great! And yeah Danny Boy, I had heard theirs once but I never saw it, Beaker's gestures and Animal and the Chef's swaying were fantastic. And you should have heard Dave, I sat in front of him the first time they showed Danny Boy at the music event, he was cracking up.

Were the Muppet Show promos the same as the ones on the first season DVD set or were they promos that were not on the first season set?
I believe Craig said they were the same, but it sort of felt like there were a few extras.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I believe Craig said they were the same, but it sort of felt like there were a few extras.
Yeah, I *think* that the ones on the first season set were all first season promos and these extended through all five seasons--Gene Kelly is one name I remember. He's season 5.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Yeah I just rewatched it, the one they showed was much longer and I think actually none of the season one promos were shown. Maybe one. But Craig said maybe more would be available in Season Three.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just walked in the door, fresh from my 11-hour drive home from Canada. Did y'all have fun? Sounds like it! Anyone feel up to doing a group discussion on the MuppetCast about this amazing weekend?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just walked in the door, fresh from my 11-hour drive home from Canada. Did y'all have fun? Sounds like it! Anyone feel up to doing a group discussion on the MuppetCast about this amazing weekend?
It was an AMAZING time and I'd def be up to discussing! I also have audio of the entire panel and audios AND videos of Dave's/Gonzo's :concern: intro to TMM and his Q&A post-GMC that, if I can figure out how to send such large files (help!) I would def be willing to give them to you for the show! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I want to hear all of it from everyone who went. I being that i don't have a car or my licenes that i wouldn't be able to go and being that i live in Texas i don't know how much it would be to go to Canada. But can't wait to hear everyone's detail of everything there.