Animal: Monster or... what?

Marky

Reaction score
yep animal what can we say you really posed a great question .

I know that this may sound strange but that is a question that i have always wondered about !

Animal , is really cool even though we may never know what he is he he he
He is really is soooooooooo cool .
One thing though that i love about him i is so crazy !:stick_out_tongue: :halo: and fun

It's not that great of a question. He's a drummer.
Likely of the genus Keithus Moonius.

Kar Ma

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing. I have a few family members that are drummers. They are also some of the coolest people I know. However, it's interesting that they made Animal the drummer. Is that an insinuation (that drummers are wild, crazy, and inaudible)?

Ringo Starr: drummer. Tommy Lee: drummer (but fits the insinuation). Phil Collins: drummer. Perhaps it's that we rarely hear from drummers that Animal's vocal antics are limited and crazy. Perhaps the insinuation includes that one must be crazy to play the drums. After all, to most tightly wound neighbors, it is just noise.

The best part about Animal is that he LOVES to play the drums. I find that most Muppet or SS characters who absolutely love something are fan favorites. I, personally, love Oscar. And Oscar loves...trash! Many love Miss Piggy. And Miss Piggy loves...Kermit. I knew a lot of kids growing up who loved Cookie Monster. He loves...cookies! Go Animal! Do what you love, man.

Marky

Reaction score
Is that an insinuation (that drummers are wild, crazy, and inaudible)?
Yes.
That's the whole point of the character.
He's based on the Keith Moons, Mick Fleetwoods and John Bonhams of the day (mid 70's).

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yes.
That's the whole point of the character.
He's based on the Keith Moons, Mick Fleetwoods and John Bonhams of the day (mid 70's).
I love how aniamal is based on all of that way cool that makes a lot of since !:smile: :halo: Love that wild sweet crazy aniamal

Marky

Reaction score
I love how aniamal is based on all of that way cool that makes a lot of since !:smile: :halo: Love that wild sweet crazy aniamal
You get it! Bingo!

That animal is a drummer, that drummer is an animal... Drummer = Animal. It's, like, scientific n' stuff.

Kar Ma

Reaction score
Stereotypes

This is a perfect example of playing to stereotypes. BUT, despite that, I absolutely love Animal. Rock on, dude. :halo:

Marky

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of playing to stereotypes. BUT, despite that, I absolutely love Animal. Rock on, dude. :halo:
BECAUSE of that, I love Animal. 'Stereotype' shouldn't always be a dirty word. In fact, some would be as bold as to go as far as saying that they are 'necessary' for 'character identification'.