1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Animal: Monster or... what?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by peyjenk, May 14, 2007.

1. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Name six humans that look like Clifford.

You can't!
  2. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I think he's a squid.
  3. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Well, he's a Muppet! At the very least I'd say he was a humanoid. He does resemble an aquatic creature somewhat, but how can he breathe on dry land?
  4. Winslow Leach

Yeah, yeah, Pepe can breathe on dry land too, but he's...aaargh! My head's about to explode!;)
  5. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I could find a few...but then I may be called a racist...but maybe not who knows people awfull touchy these days...:o
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm with Jim Henson Hour, whose real name I know not, it is possible to find people with a resemblance to Clifford (obviously less caracatured). And I've always held that Cliff is a humanoid human Muppet. (Find 6 humans that have eyes in their glasses ala Scooter and Skeeter!)

As for Pepe breathing...well, he is sexy, hokay.
  7. Winslow Leach

I always thought Clifford was Rastafarian, a la Bob Marley. And I believe that's a mustache, not gills.

On an episode of Muppets Tonight, Kermit himself says Clifford is a humanoid creature, like Scooter.

And you can't argue with the Frog!
  8. Beauregard

Ooooh! I bet I could. "Tap dance? Frogs can't tap dance!" See?
  9. Winslow Leach

Now that's a song Pepe should cover: "I'm Too Sexy"!
  10. Beauregard

Oh my gosh...what an image. He totally should do that!

"I'm too sexy for my shirt, hokay, too sexy for this thread, too sexy for this topic, hokay."

Oh...yeah, we did kinda go off topic...
  11. Winslow Leach

Lol!
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, as far as I'm concerned he's not an alien. He's a Whatever (or a Frackle...or maybe a Wierdo like on Muppet Babies...hmm) :concern:
  13. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I've never thought of Clifford as an aquatic creature, but now that it is brought up, I certainly can see the resemblance. :) Anyway, I too, think he is a humanoid modeled after a Rastafarian.
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Oh my gosh that gives me an idea....
  15. Winslow Leach

When Clifford first appeared on The Jim Henson Hour, he was the bassist for a group called "Solid Foam." He had a slightly different look, and always wore sunglasses. But I remember thinking when I first saw him, "cool...the Muppet guys made a Bob Marley-ish character."

The next time I saw him was on Muppets Tonight (although he apparently made guest appearances on other shows in the early 90s). The MT version was a remodeled version of the original, and didn't wear sunglasses. But I always accepted the fact he was human or humanoid.
  16. Winslow Leach

Care to elaborate? Or is it a surprise?;)
  17. Marky

Marky Member

Animal is the most heinous creature of all rock and roll.
    He is a drummer.
  18. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

yep animal what can we say you really posed a great question .

I know that this may sound strange but that is a question that i have always wondered about !

Animal , is really cool even though we may never know what he is he he he
    He is really is soooooooooo cool .
    One thing though that i love about him i is so crazy !:p :halo: and fun
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, I had forgotten this until now; when I was a kid I always figured Animal was just some kind of lion-type thing. He did have a mane and teeth after all! Lol
  20. Winslow Leach

Hey! I play the drums (and bass guitar)!:)