Big Bird Replica Half-finished

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Maybe after you're done finishing the Big Bird replica, maybe you should probably make more puppet replicas of Scooter and Cookie Monster.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'd love to see a Cookie Monster replica, and it would be interesting to hear about how you approached a Scooter replica, since I don't think Scooter is the kind of puppet you can pattern.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I think Scooter can be patterned... actually, I think just about any shape can be made from flat foam. I've had a theory for quite some time that Scooter is a modified "Anything Muppet." If you look at the blue hillbilly characters in the first season you can see that their head shape is almost identical to Scooter's.

Steve

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There is a photo of Scooter's head "undressed" in one of the old Muppet books and it looks like his head is just patterned out of sheets of foam. There's actually a Scooter head pattern that someone here made by dissecting a plush toy a few years back.

GonzoDTR

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here. Anyway, Keeermit, I was wondering jow the heck do you get your Muppets down to the slightest detail like that? I was thinking of making a Muppet of my own and I wanted to know, do you use like blueprints to make them or something else? If you could give me some advice I'd be very gratefull!:smile:

practicecactus

Reaction score
Any chance of seeing your replicas in the making stages?
I ask cause I'd like to tackle a full body puppet and would love to see how you did your Big Bird's head. I still don't know how that long beak moves so easily and light. I think a little counter weight at the back of the head to see-saw the mouth and stuff..anyway, keep up the great work man.

GonzoDTR

Reaction score
Anyway, can someone answer my question above? I'm really itching to know. That would be appreciated!:smile:

BabyScooter

Reaction score
Awesome! those are amazing! I just have one question how did you make gonzo's nose?:concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think Scooter can be patterned... actually, I think just about any shape can be made from flat foam. I've had a theory for quite some time that Scooter is a modified "Anything Muppet." If you look at the blue hillbilly characters in the first season you can see that their head shape is almost identical to Scooter's.

Steve
Side-note: During the "Chattanooga Choo Choo" song, those 3 characters are "Scooter" heads.

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I gotta say, that Big Bird looks amazing. I just tried to stick four feathers into the head of a bird I'm building and it drove me nuts. You are a better man that I!