Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

doc hopper

Reaction score
I do think, though, that the best approach for most of the Muppets would be to have an internal vac-formed plastic skull. Sure they wouldn't feel the same as the real thing, but it would allow for precision in actually getting the head shape 100% right. It also means that there will be little to no change in form over time (Kermit's body, for example, feels like a very dense foam, and I was under the impression that all foam will eventually start to degrade - can anyone correct me on that?) I wouldn't mind in, say, 20 years, having to restuff Fozzie's body since the shape would be fairly easy to replicate to an acceptable point. His head, however, would be much harder to get just right, and that is where (for me at least) 90% of the likeness comes from.
Speak English, Doc!

muppetperson

Reaction score
MuppetCaper is really cheesing me off. First, he posted pictures that he wasn't supposed to, now he's contradicting me. Obviously, news from Travis' mouth from THIS PAST WEEKEND is the most recent news we have. This is the most recent Gonzo from the factory in China. Originally, on Wednesday, Travis said that this was the way Disney wanted to do Gonzo's nose. But later in the Con, when the Disney folks visited the booth, they said they didn't like it.

So, that's where we stand. And I don't care what anybody else is saying, Travis would not commit to a pre-order date for Gonzo.

One last thing... that is the final version of Animal. He's being manufactured as we speak. I'm sure his "hair" can be controlled... but remember, those are feathers and you have to be very careful not to break them or you're finished. Also, if you want to go back and search the threads, you'll find that everybody complained that in Terry's first two protos the hair was too sparse. Now you're complaining that there's too much. You can't have it both ways. And comparing the posers to photos of the Henson posers is useless. Pick a year... pick a version of the puppet... pick a version of the poser... every one is different. There was never any consistency from one version to the next, so how do you build a replica that fits everybody's idea of what the character should like like? You can't. I don't happen to think Kermit's eyes are too big. I've said it before... you don't like what they're doing... build your own!
Thanks for clarifying, Earl.By the way, with Animal being the final prototype, I was surprised that he is still wearing leather pants.Didnt Travis want them changed?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Actually... this is one last thing...

Animals eyelids are not poseable. They move, but they won't stay in the "open" position. Travis pinned them up for the photo with them wide open. But that only means that you can pin them up, too. I thought it important to point out that they won't stay up on their own.

And one more last thing (see a trend starting here?), as others have pointed out, the success of the line continuing depends on people buying these. If Animal and then Gonzo don't sell well, we may never get to Fozzie.

Oh, and one more last thing (hee, hee), I believe (and I'm not positive I'm quoting this exactly right, but I know I'm close) Animal is a limited edition of 1500 (as opposed to 2500 for Kermit) and Fozzie will only be 1000!

wow! thanks for that bit of news there WOE (Was Once Ernie). :smirk: well lets see...... i have my pennys ALL saved up to pre-order Gonzo and now Fozzie eps since he's going to be ONLY limited to 1000, i BETTER get my butt movin and start save MORE pennys! :smile: btw, i KEEP staring at this pic... http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=16829&cat=2495 i LOVE love love it! :zany: also with Animals eyes, i dont think I'll have a prob with that, I'll just leave the pin in, unless I show him off when friends see him... can't wait!

Telly

Reaction score
I don't care if the eyelids move on Gonzo...as long as he looks right

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, Earl.By the way, with Animal being the final prototype, I was surprised that he is still wearing leather pants.Didnt Travis want them changed?
Hmm, he didn't mention anything about that. That is not to say that they are not changing his pants... he just didn't say anything to me. I know he said he'd like to do a collar and chain as an accessory pack, but that's just an idea at this stage. Nothing is definitely planned. He also said he wants to do Kermit's trenchcoat, too. And he said that the accessory packs would be even MORE limited editions, since not everyone who bought a replica would buy the accessories.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
What about price point. How much do you think Gonzo and Fozzie is going to cost?
I think Gonzo is still set to be $249, but that could change depending on how much it costs them to get the nose right.

Travis mentioned a figure for Fozzie, but he was just talking off the top of his head, so I don't even want to repeat it at this point. They're a long way off from determining the real price on either puppet, but especially Fozzie.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I think Gonzo is still set to be $249, but that could change depending on how much it costs them to get the nose right.:stick_out_tongue:

I remember someone on here saying something about Fleece. I would settle just for the Antron Fleece. Then they can airbrush the color to get it close to the original. I think it would be a great. So what did Travis say they are going to do with his nose then if it isn't right now?

Telly

Reaction score
I think Gonzo is still set to be $249, but that could change depending on how much it costs them to get the nose right.
You just made my night! I was expecting Gonzo to be in the $400 range! SWEET!