Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I hope they get the nose-color right too!

I can understand the angst about the critiques. I am still a bit ignorant of the day-to-day progress of these art pieces. I read on another couple forums that some are still criticizing the pink suit when the more vigilant MCers have known for quite some time that it will be changed. :concern:

I am very glad to hear about Gonzo's nose. Sometimes it takes a license's parent company a visual to convince them to go another way creatively.

I have maintained that whoever is posing and/or photographing this product (for the most part) is doing a disservice to the quality and likeness. We know that from Kermit. Animal doesn't need to be trimmed (or product in his hair...he, he). He just needs to be futzed and styled a bit. :halo:

The puppets did not just evolve over seasons. They had micro-changes during seasons from puppet-to-puppet. We all kind of remember them a different way.

The main thing is, these are beautiful. Hey, I don't even like Rizzo that much, but would do (almost) anything to own him! :smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Who said kermits eyes were off? I thought Kermit was spot on
My initial recation to Animal was "OH MY GOD THE HAIR".....and after seeing other pics it seems clear that it was just a bad photo. I think the face of Animal is spot on and I know the hair will drop and not look so boufont!
Gonzo is a long way off, they could even hold him off and get Fozzie out next if they wanted to work on him a little longer!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Actually... this is one last thing...

Animals eyelids are not poseable. They move, but they won't stay in the "open" position. Travis pinned them up for the photo with them wide open. But that only means that you can pin them up, too. I thought it important to point out that they won't stay up on their own.

And one more last thing (see a trend starting here?), as others have pointed out, the success of the line continuing depends on people buying these. If Animal and then Gonzo don't sell well, we may never get to Fozzie.

Oh, and one more last thing (hee, hee), I believe (and I'm not positive I'm quoting this exactly right, but I know I'm close) Animal is a limited edition of 1500 (as opposed to 2500 for Kermit) and Fozzie will only be 1000!

:stick_out_tongue:
Oh........that kinda surprises me about the eyes.....really, you have to put pins in?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MuppetCaper is really cheesing me off. First, he posted pictures that he wasn't supposed to, now he's contradicting me. Obviously, news from Travis' mouth from THIS PAST WEEKEND is the most recent news we have. This is the most recent Gonzo from the factory in China. Originally, on Wednesday, Travis said that this was the way Disney wanted to do Gonzo's nose. But later in the Con, when the Disney folks visited the booth, they said they didn't like it.

So, that's where we stand. And I don't care what anybody else is saying, Travis would not commit to a pre-order date for Gonzo.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION.........I am not making this stuff up. I HEARD THE PODCAST! I did not say that I was not believeing you ok. I was listening to the podcast. I doubt anything at the moment for him. And as far the pictures are comcerned. I DID NOT READ THE EMAIL. I did apologize about that as well. At least I can be a man and admit that I screwed up. Can you be man enough to forgive and let it go? Obvious not. When I got the email, the writing was real small, I overlooked it and when I went over the email again later. I read it. I felt bad and I still do. But as far as your information goes. It isn't just yours. It is EVERYWHERE! Things change all the time, so get over it. When this podcast comes up again on the website....LISTEN TO IT! instead of shoot someone down. Maybe at that time, thats what Travis said, then later on, he may have changed his mind. So get of me and move on!

Like I said earlier guys, I apologize for the pictures. But I am not forgiving what I heard.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooh! Andy why only 1,000 for the bear? I think that's a mistake. Maybe they'll take note of his popularity at the con.

Telly

Reaction score
I better start saving! Stupid credit card debt! :mad:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
FOR YOUR INFORMATION.........I am not making this stuff up. I HEARD THE PODCAST!
I am not going to start a flame war with you, because Fozzie will just delete it anyway. What I am saying is that the podcast is now old information. I have newer information. Believe what you want.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am not starting anything. I let it go long time ago. I am on here cause I love what everyone else does...the Muppets! I don't want to hurt anyone. including you Ernie. I think you are awesome people on here period. I want to make friends, ok. I am still hurt that I did that, and it's hard for me at times to even want to post anymore when it's brought up all the time.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Any how boys, back to the topic....how does every one feel about having to pin animals eyes open? This does surprise me.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Any how boys, back to the topic....how does every one feel about having to pin animals eyes open? This does surprise me.

I don't think that will bother me about pinning his eyes. What concerns me is the plastic you can see under his eyebrows. If it is that noticable, I might have to get a paint marker and blacken it in so it will match the eyebrow hair! :halo: