Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Telly

Reaction score
Those pictures make me SOOOOOO excited for Fozzie!

They made Gonzo look A LOT better! I'm not so worried about him.

Still undecided about Animal.

They STILL don't know how to pose Kermit? :boo:

If they're STILL having problems with Gonzo's nose....maybe MasterReplicas should hold off on him and bump Fozzie up?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Dont forget that fozzie is an Artist prototype, made as a reference for the factory in China to model on.So any problems with Fozzie havent even started yet till we see factory prototypes.Remember how good Gonzo was before the China versions.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You make a very good point. I know first hand from Steppin' Out Fozzie :embarrassed: (ducks). Nekkid Rowlf too. That was personally upsetting to me. A great deal of a product's success has to do with the skill of the factory artisans in China.

I'm still very concerned about Gonzo's nose. :concern: I'm not a puppet builder, but could they cover it in fleece or velvet of some sort? :zany:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You make a very good point. I know first hand from Steppin' Out Fozzie :embarrassed: (ducks). Nekkid Rowlf too. That was personally upsetting to me. A great deal of a product's success has to do with the skill of the factory artisans in China.

I'm still very concerned about Gonzo's nose. :concern: I'm not a puppet builder, but could they cover it in fleece or velvet of some sort? :zany:
I would guess making it in some kind of mold to get the texture effect, then airbrushing it to get the color. I think that would work. It would not be foam, but you can make it look like it.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Travis didn't say about this on the podcast about Gonzo, he said it awhile back when he posted pictures of Gonzo. This is the exact same one he showed us. In other updates, he told us what they where doing to him. But he did meantioned about the nose on the podcast. for some reason, it is not working, try again later on, they maybe having technical problems. I retried downloading and couldn't either.

I forgot, Go to this site, they have more pictures of Gonzo, Fozzie ,Kermit and Animal!

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2495
The group shot looks cool...........makes you want to have them all NOW!
I would get Fozzie out next if Gonzo is causing soooooo many issues. I stil would prefer a nose that looks right than that fabric covered hooter! Why cant they use the same material that Palisades used.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Here are a few other pics that I found around the net but have not yet seen posted on here. Kermit and Fozzie together look great, and I'm feeling better about Animal too.

I think Fozzie looks AMAZING, I want it now!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/animal2007.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/kermitfozzie.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/masterreplicascomiccon.jpg

Was there any other Muppety news at the comic con, I have only read about the replicas so far, didnt Henson have a stand there? Any news on the Fraggle CD set or other new Henson stuff!

Chris

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Here are a few other pics that I found around the net but have not yet seen posted on here. Kermit and Fozzie together look great, and I'm feeling better about Animal too.

I think Fozzie looks AMAZING, I want it now!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/animal2007.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/kermitfozzie.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/masterreplicascomiccon.jpg

Was there any other Muppety news at the comic con, I have only read about the replicas so far, didnt Henson have a stand there? Any news on the Fraggle CD set or other new Henson stuff!

Chris
Cheers Chris..........Animal does look better in the group pose...it does go to show that whoever poses them is bloody rubbish!Fozzie .....well I dont care how much he costs, I am getting him.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I cant get the podcast to download to listen to it.But one has to wonder, if there is a better prototype, wouldnt you show that one at Comic Con?And if no one liked the one on display, why wouldnt Travis say there is a better one.Why did he say it has to be reworked.Or did someone misinterprid something.Travis or Earl, can you please clarify?
MuppetCaper is really cheesing me off. First, he posted pictures that he wasn't supposed to, now he's contradicting me. Obviously, news from Travis' mouth from THIS PAST WEEKEND is the most recent news we have. This is the most recent Gonzo from the factory in China. Originally, on Wednesday, Travis said that this was the way Disney wanted to do Gonzo's nose. But later in the Con, when the Disney folks visited the booth, they said they didn't like it.

So, that's where we stand. And I don't care what anybody else is saying, Travis would not commit to a pre-order date for Gonzo.

One last thing... that is the final version of Animal. He's being manufactured as we speak. I'm sure his "hair" can be controlled... but remember, those are feathers and you have to be very careful not to break them or you're finished. Also, if you want to go back and search the threads, you'll find that everybody complained that in Terry's first two protos the hair was too sparse. Now you're complaining that there's too much. You can't have it both ways. And comparing the posers to photos of the Henson posers is useless. Pick a year... pick a version of the puppet... pick a version of the poser... every one is different. There was never any consistency from one version to the next, so how do you build a replica that fits everybody's idea of what the character should like like? You can't. I don't happen to think Kermit's eyes are too big. I've said it before... you don't like what they're doing... build your own!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Actually... this is one last thing...

Animals eyelids are not poseable. They move, but they won't stay in the "open" position. Travis pinned them up for the photo with them wide open. But that only means that you can pin them up, too. I thought it important to point out that they won't stay up on their own.

And one more last thing (see a trend starting here?), as others have pointed out, the success of the line continuing depends on people buying these. If Animal and then Gonzo don't sell well, we may never get to Fozzie.

Oh, and one more last thing (hee, hee), I believe (and I'm not positive I'm quoting this exactly right, but I know I'm close) Animal is a limited edition of 1500 (as opposed to 2500 for Kermit) and Fozzie will only be 1000!

:stick_out_tongue: