Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Actually, baed on conversations with fans at SDCC the way Gonzo's nose is now IS the way Diz wants it made. If I remember correctly it's molded foam with a stocking-like material pulled over it. Of course, Diz could've changed their mind and decided to let MR/prototype builders do their own thing.

I mean it works, but I think the long-term result isn't going to be good, and I think that MR has the right idea, so do the prop builders, in the long run.

I'm getting him either way, because I've got to get to the listed 2008 characters!

Anyway, MR can shed better light on the subject than I could, I'm sure.

I don't know that I would blame anything on the "mouse," just the "mouse house" or Diz. Heh heh. Mickey never hurt anybody, save for maybe Peg Leg Pete or another bad guy.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Actually, baed on conversations with fans at SDCC the way Gonzo's nose is now IS the way Diz wants it made. If I remember correctly it's molded foam with a stocking-like material pulled over it. Of course, Diz could've changed their mind and decided to let MR/prototype builders do their own thing.
Hey Fozzie,

I was standing there with you when Travis told us that this is the way Disney wanted Gonzo, but later when I went back, he said the people from Disney saw it and then didn't like it. So, I don't really know where it stands now other than that.

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. If he ends up with the stocking nose, I WON'T buy him. And I'm purposely writing that here because we know people from certain companies read these forums!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well according to Amy's last post on here, it looks like they are still putting Gonzo up for pre-order on 9-19. I guess we will just have to wait and see if there is a new version they will put out on there website. Only time will tell.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hey Fozzie,

I was standing there with you when Travis told us that this is the way Disney wanted Gonzo, but later when I went back, he said the people from Disney saw it and then didn't like it. So, I don't really know where it stands now other than that.

P.S. If he ends up with the stocking nose, I WON'T buy him. And I'm purposely writing that here because we know people from certain companies read these forums!
You can count me as another non-stocking buyer, unless they do something really great with airbrushing and colour. The eyelids and mouth intereior also look like untreated reticulated foam, which suggests that they'll rot away...so I'm sure there will still be changes. Although Animal's teeth also look like foam, and apparently the SDCC Animal is a final production version, so who knows...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
However it goes, I am staying optimistic about it. Even if the nose is not just right, It will still be the closest thing we will get from the real Gonzo. I might even later be able to make a mock up version of him or find a way to fix him later. I probably will still get him anyways. You guys can have the foam, I want something that is going to last me a lot longer than the foam.

They might even try the Fleece. That even might look good on Gonzo! :concern:

doc hopper

Reaction score
is there danger in pantyhose gonzo getting a runner in his nose?

maybe they can use all sorts of panties to give him a tan or more natural look... or maybe they could use a hose that hides panty lines all together.

doc hopper

Reaction score
they might as well just go with terry cloth like the old 70s fisher price gonzo. it looked almost as good - and by that, i mean BAD.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I was thinking about airbrushing. I know one guy who does an AWESOME job of airbrushing. He would make it look great if they do stick with the version they showed us.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
The bottom line is...Disney merch people like to cut corners and keep the production costs down so they can make as much profit as possible. I know if MR had their way, they would probably do some things different. Look at all the Lucasfilm product...all of it is incredible. As an artist, I have had experience dealing with Disney. That is how they are. I am a huge Disney nut...look at my member icon! It's not the Mouse...It's the suits that are hired. As I have stated before...I too will NOT buy the Gonzo pantyhose puppet! I hope they fix him! :concern:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Not all foam rots at the same rate. I have a 34 year old puppet that I built that is still in very good condition. His foam is pliable. But then, I had a sofa that was about the same age when I got rid of it and the foam cushions had turned crunchy.

However, I am not advocating for a foam nose on Gonzo. I just want the nose to look like foam, which can't be THAT difficult.