Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MWoO

Reaction score
First Mate Piggy is a good example. Certainly a nice figure, but not exactly accurate. Gonzo was indeed great, but to me he doesn't look like any one Gonzo, which I guess is good. I dunno. I guess what I want is a replica of what I think the characters should look like, which obviously can't happen.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
I have just ordered Animal i will post pic's as soon as he arrives.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm expecting to need to get out some scissors and clip some excess hair, but I hope not.
You're certainly entitled to do what you like with your property... but I'd be extremely reluctant to get a pair of scissors anywhere near a $400 collector's item.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You're certainly entitled to do what you like with your property... but I'd be extremely reluctant to get a pair of scissors anywhere near a $400 collector's item.
My focus is on the Muppet likeness, not the resale value. :wink:

:confused: I've worked on collectibles and never understood the MIB mentality. I'm not dropping 400 bucks to display an Animal that could look better with a bit of subtle tweaking. I painted every Palisades Miss Piggy's hair and her Sideshow bust and haven't regretted it. I guess when it comes down to things I'm a fan, not a collector. Stuff is just stuff - the personal connection to it is what interests me. I do know others feel differently. :halo:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Sometimes a little customization is in order - as long as you know what you're doing.

doc hopper

Reaction score
I think I'll be fiddling with Animal to get him just right too. But I think it'll mostly be trying to get his hair to lay down (that giant bushy Animal I saw at the Con looked like he'd been under the blow dryer for too long).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think I'll be fiddling with Animal to get him just right too. But I think it'll mostly be trying to get his hair to lay down (that giant bushy Animal I saw at the Con looked like he'd been under the blow dryer for too long).
I agree. I think there's the assumption sometimes that MC members are the average consumer. :stick_out_tongue: We tend to be a creative bunch! I'm surpised by so many more cool MC artworks around here these days. We can handle a bit of light trimming of the Animal. That does sound dirty. :halo:

I just can't imagine wanting to buy him if I had to keep his hair looking as it did in the con photos. It's beautifully designed, but takes a true fan to style it - to his or her taste. :wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
That's my concern too. I know that his hair has been sewn in one by one, but I want it to lay down. I really hope that won't be a problem. I will be doing a review for MR when I get him. :halo:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Based on my observations of the Comic-Con sample, I think his hair... er, feathers... er, whatever, will lay down without being cut. If you notice, his eyebrows are messed up on that one, too. They need to be fussed with. Those figures at Comic-Con get manhandled by the public. By the end of the weekend, the Kermit they had there was looking pretty thrashed.

But even the real Muppets need grooming. When I worked on the Muppet Movie, I had to fix up Ernie's hair because it was matted down from being in a shipping box.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well they pulled the money out for him. Now the wait begins soon...when I get a shipping number. So looking forward to getting him in my paws!