Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

Ignohippo

Reaction score
The Disney Stores are now owned by The Children's Place (the childrens clothing retailer).

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
The Disney Stores are now owned by The Children's Place (the childrens clothing retailer).
right! CP (childrens Place) runs the Disney stores in the mall under "Hoop Retail Stores, Inc." since late 2004 when Disney sold off the chain. But when CP/Disney store comes out with NEW Disney stuff they have to get Disney co's "OKay!" first. as for MUppet stuff in the Disney stores. so far theres ONLY been a Kermit and Miss Piggy pillow and a Mug and a few Bear in the BIG blue house things here and there.

its funny tho the Disney co. STILL permotes the Disney Store on www.disneyshopping.com with a "find a Disney store near you" locater on the site and as of June 07 runs the NEW www.disneystore.com aswell.

ok back on topic....

I'll buy these Muppet Star Wars figs. I;m NOT a HUGE fan of Star Wars but I'll sit down and watch the movies. asfar as where else to buy them... Disney World (and Disneyland) has a number you can call and order them from or theres always eBay! :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
right! CP (childrens Place) runs the Disney stores in the mall under "Hoop Retail Stores, Inc." since late 2004 when Disney sold off the chain. But when CP/Disney store comes out with NEW Disney stuff they have to get Disney co's "OKay!" first. as for MUppet stuff in the Disney stores. so far theres ONLY been a Kermit and Miss Piggy pillow and a Mug and a few Bear in the BIG blue house things here and there.

its funny tho the Disney co. STILL permotes the Disney Store on www.disneyshopping.com with a "find a Disney store near you" locater on the site and as of June 07 runs the NEW www.disneystore.com aswell.

ok back on topic....

I'll buy these Muppet Star Wars figs. I;m NOT a HUGE fan of Star Wars but I'll sit down and watch the movies. asfar as where else to buy them... Disney World (and Disneyland) has a number you can call and order them from or theres always eBay! :smile:

I am the same as you i am not a huge star wars fan but i like to sit down and watch the movies when ever they are on HBO or some there cable tv network .

i have not bought any of the other star wars figuries but i would love to have the muppet ones i am going to get thoughs because of the Wonderful muppet babies memories that they bring back of my childhood .:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney (Mickey etc.) Figures in Toy Fare Magazine

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but the latest issue (10th anniversary) Toy Fare magazine includes pictures of the Disney Star Wars characters. I hope the Muppet ones won't be too far off.

The Disney ones look rather good. There's a little bit of articulation and the sculpts, especially Don Solo, are nice. Minnie isn't all that great. I've never much liked how the character or the toys are handled when it comes to her.

I was thinking that these would look a lot cheaper than they turned out. I'm considering buying them for a Disney fan friend and visiting them regularly. :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anybody know any more when these are coming out? I rang the Star Wars shop at Walt Disney World, Florida and they didnt know anything about it.And it isnt on the calendar of www.disneygallery.com yet

tomahawk

Reaction score
I think in the article ealier in the thread they stated that the figures wouldn't be out until the new year.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
These haven't been scrapped (as far as I know). Back in May, when they were announced they only had done some sketches for the figures. So there is still a lot of work that is needed to in order to take these figures from an idea and artwork and then create and mass produce complete and final products that they can then send out to the stores.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
These haven't been scrapped (as far as I know). Back in May, when they were announced they only had done some sketches for the figures. So there is still a lot of work that is needed to in order to take these figures from an idea and artwork and then create and mass produce complete and final products that they can then send out to the stores.
Oh yes I know :wink: I was sort of half kidding and half being sarcastic a very lovely mix.:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I read that they were going to ship later, in Fall, which is now and onwards.