1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BigDumbWookiee, May 28, 2007.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

If the Mickey Mouse Star Wars figures are any indication, the Muppet ones will look pretty sweet. :eek:
  2. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

These aren't the Muppet versions, but . . .

Someone has posted a review of the Disney-characters-as-Star-Wars-characters on a site called Movie Maniacs, connected with figures.com. Here's the link:

http://www.figures.com/databases/ac...etup&category=movies&topic=33&show_article=65

These aren't the Muppet Star Wars figures, but it seems more than likely the Muppet Star Wars figures will roughly match these in quality and (presumably) price--so the review may give us an idea what to expect.

The review's not exactly positive--low articulation, soft plastic, bent lightsabers, overly glossy paint--but I thought people might be interested.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You're right. They do look too shiny. The ToyFare magazine picture of Donald I saw looked better. But these do look good. Somewhere - better than Happy Meal toy and below average for an action figure. I might get Donald. I like him.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seconded. That Donald looks great. Plus he's my favorite human character, so if I find somewhere to order it, I'd probably get one. Plus the Goofy looks kinda cool too, dispite the fact it makes no sense.
  5. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I agree it makes no sense they should of had pete or another villian as Vader.
  6. Telly

Telly Active Member

I don't like that they have Stitch as the Emperor. They should've used Scrooge. Stitch just doesn't fit for me. They have classic characters and then Stitch.
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Yeah. Scrooge is a good choice. Seems they just went with a popular character instead of what would make sense. If anything Stitch makes a good yoda. In fact, I think they have him as Yoda too.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

any word on if these will the Star Wars Muppets will coming out?
  9. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Can someone please call Hasbro Phone 800 3278264 and ask them what is happening with this set and post the news here? I went on their website to send them an email and then they had to contact Hasbro Australia, who wouldnt know about it.Then I rang and got put on hold in a queue for five minutes and then I got through and a lady said she would check and then I got disconnected.
  10. muppetperson

Just rang them again, myself.Nothing is coming up on their computer about Muppet Star Wars figures.They did the other Disney Star Wars figures but maybe they arent the manufactuer this time.I will follow it up with Muppet Studios and let everyone know if I find out anything.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

To my knowlege these Muppet Star Wars figures are planned to be distributed by the Disney theme parks. I'm not certain just how much information you're going to get out of any company. These are probably being made on the cheap and that probably has more to do with the timeline than a set date for completion. More of an afterthought than a scheduled product. Plus Disney could be gaging how well the classic Disney character Star Wars figures are doing - waiting for them to sell through etc. Just my thoughts. I hope you find out something more concrete. :o
  12. muppetperson

Thanks to swstartours.net www.endorexpress.net for this
    Disney Theme Park Merchandise Product Team: Sculpts were approved by LFL on the dress sets, so we are moving along nicely. We are still working on sculpt revisions for the Muppets. I still plan to launch both items in the spring.