1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BigDumbWookiee, May 28, 2007.

1. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's amazing news. This will be an especially bittersweet moment for Ken Lilly as he wanted to do Stars Wars Muppets so badly with Palisades. The Palisades Swinetrek playset may be more in demand now that there will be Stars Wars Muppets to go with the set (even if they're not exactly in scale with Palisades figures.)
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Interesting news. Nice to see we'll get em, but yeah unfortunate they won't be on the level of the Palisades figures.
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yahoo! Bring em on.I wonder how big they will be? Probably around 2", the same size as the Mickey and Yoda Star Tours pack, but I wish they would make them Palisades size.
  5. shimauta

shimauta Member

Awesome!

Wow thats cool! I cant wait for them to come out. Ill have to take a trip out to Disneyland in California sometime since they dont have a Star Tours store here at Tokyo Disneyland!
  6. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Cool news! But Palisades set the bar SO high that I don't think any non-photo-puppet-replica ( :p ;) ) Muppet products will live up to them.

Then again I guess that only counts in the category of action figures :halo:

I'll still look into buying them though.
  7. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

i'll wait to pass judgement looks interesting I wonder where one could buy these at?
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but fortunately for 3.5-4" figure lovers like myself, they will be back to the Fisher Price 1978 toy line/muppet mini size which Ive always maintained is the size Muppet figures should be.

HOPEFULLY this will be the beginning of Disney Muppet figures proper in that scale:)

But yes, this is surprising but amazing news.
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i like mini figures, but i'd want the whole Muppet "world" to build a collection - so if these did sell well enough to start a Classic Muppets mini line i'd be quite happy. With so many Star Wars collectors they can't fail to do well, its quite a smart move for Disney to allow them, and it can only be good publicity for the Muppets.

What with this, the comic strips and the DVD's they are starting to move in the right direction, especially if it's true they've been holding back on doing any more TV and Movies until the right opportunity comes along.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Please... we'll never have another palisades. Unless Mezzco can make similar figures (which they won't) unfortunately toys in the same scale are a dead issue.

That said, finally we can have a muppet product we can actually be excited about. Sure, there was a kick butt Electric Mayhem T-shirt I saw in Kohls (had they not only had smalls and mediums, you bet I would have picked one up), but this is something great.

Also, anyone else like those exclusive Mr. Potatoheads? I mean, they are really cool. Especially Boba Fett! Too bad those are only at Disney World.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Have to ask, what's been shown so far as part of this proposal?
  12. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

The image on the web site above is all so far.
  13. The Count

Thanks. However, cause of my blind batty eyes, I can't see images posted on a computer or TV screen. So, if you could please tell me what's been shown so far, I'd appreciate it.
  14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Count! Here's who's in the pic, all decked out in SW gear:

Beaker as 3-P0
    Fozzie as Chewie
    Piggy as Leia
    Kermie as Luke
    Gonzo as Vader
    Rizzo as Yoda

Looking foward to these, don't really mind if there's a scale difference as the quality won't be the same.
  15. The Count

Thanks Anthony. Checked out the thread posted at CMX by PB (punchbunny).
    Laughed at the quote that Piggy as the Princess, she was never refered to as Leia in the Mark Hamil/Star Wars TMS episode is called Princess Loina and has a hair dryer as a raygun.

Wonder if this'll help or hurt YodaMan's Luke Skywalker Kermit custom figure.
  16. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

This is GREAT news! :excited: It stinks that Palisades didn't make them, but as long as the figures are good; I'm buying them (though I'll probably buy them either way)! I really hope that they sell these online soon because my next trip to Disney World is probably going to be a long ways from now...at least next summer. Even though Kermit as Luke sees obvious; it would've made more sense to have Kerit as Han because he's the one who winds up with Leia (Piggy) and his best friend would be Chewie (Fozzie).

So far; the :eek: one is my favorite...or maybe :o [I can't wait until these come out!]
  17. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Is there any word on when these are coming out?
  18. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Oooh I hope its to scale! Thatd be awesome for the Pigs in Space sett......ohhh I cant wait!
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If Gonzo hadn't played Dirth Nadir, I wonder if he would have still been chosen to portray Darth Vadir in this collection.
  20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh wow! That is so cool! I must figure out a way to get these when they come out! :excited: