1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BigDumbWookiee, May 28, 2007.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Very Cool

I hope this will begin a trend of themed Muppet figure packs (if the sculpts turn out nice). I think the Palisades line would have been both popular and profitable (the production expense was quite high) if all attention had been focussed on likeness rather than accessories and articulation. Look at the amazing stuff McFarlane is doing with Hanna Barbara and the Simpsons. I feel that Palisades fueled the interest in such product, but McF seems to have found the balance. Likeness is paramount.
  2. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

oh wow thank you so much for the info i am really want a miss piggy as princess lay a that is such fun for me because she did that part in muppet babies .
    That is what got me to love the movies .;)
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Palisades figures to me were wayyyy too big. I had to sell most of mine.

Hey it was great what we got out of Palisades for 3 years of Muppet figures(and 1 fraggle and a bunch of sesame that never came out)

but just IMAGINE Muppet figures in this old school scale, not only would they not take up much room, they'd be much cheaper and they'd be able to make countless ones.

Theres literally thousands of star wars figures of every character ever, ever...imagine if we had a "star wars universe" scope of Muppet characters. Ive been dreaming of this my whole life
  4. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

That's so cool, but I wonder if they'll do ones for R2 and Han
  5. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Anybody have a narrower release date of "later in 2007"?
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's too bad that Disney doesn't own the rights to Oscar the Grouch, because then Oscar could be in a trash can that resembles R2.

But maybe Pepe can play R2D2, and Link Hogthrob can play Han Solo.
  7. Oscar0802

Oscar0802 New Member

Nice idea, fozzie looks cool
  8. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

This is probably an obviouse choice seeing as how :eek: will be C3PO but I think :confused: would make a great R2D2
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Um... Methinks the names of the Muppets you chose were missing in that last post KingPrawn. You might want to edit it so others aren't confused like I am.
  10. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

He's using two (that's TWO!) of the Muppet smilies Count. Beaker & Bunsen (in that order, I always say Bunsen & Beaker).

What does your text software say for smilies like that? "Eek!" and "confused"? That's what a little text block shows when I hover my mouse over the smilies.

Anyhoo, I think that would make sense too, but I always think of that Muppet Babies episode where Skeeter was 3-P0 and Beaker was R2.

I don't really care, I just hope these are out by the time Wifey & I go to Disneyland in August!
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... Usually when a person uses a Muppet smiley, all I get is the emotion said smiley is meant to represent.
    For example: Beaker = Eek! what I would normally read is just the "Eek!" preceeded by a "Graphic" notice.
    The problem is, in King Prawn's post there's not even any text of the emotions the smileys represent to read.

BTW: In the Muppet Babies version of Star Wars, the cast included:
    Kermit Skyhopper (Luke Skywalker).
    Princess Piggy (Princess Leia).
    Fozbacca the Wookie (Chewbacca).
    Gon Zolo (Han Solo).
    Obi Rowlf Kenobi (Obi Wonkenobi).
    Animal Vader (Dirth Vader).
    And Skeeter was indeed Skeet-3PO (C-3PO), but Scooter played Scoot2-D2 (R2-D2), not Beaker.
    Hope this helps.
  12. muppet baby

Oh i want this entire set i know that i am going to be buying them when they come out for sure if the likness is goodd .
    i have a feeling that it will be .

oh my i am so ecited that i can not wait it is going to be great .
    Piggy as priceess leia that is going to be my faverite .:)
  13. Rustin Allison

Rustin Allison New Member

I think that it is great that there will be more Muppets merchandise at Disney. I was beginning to feel a bit afraid for them.

Rustin Allison
  14. cpdavngr2

cpdavngr2 New Member

Actually, these got me thinking. I know back in the day they did an entire Muppet episode with Luke Skywalker on the original Muppet show, but what if they actually redid the entire Star Wars MOVIE Muppet style? :D
  15. muppet baby

I know what you mean i am glad also , i am glad that i was not the only one that was afraid of the merchindising part for the muppets with disney .

They are going slow on that though , slower than what they are cable of doing they can do it faster if they want to he he .
  16. plucky

plucky New Member

As a Muppet Geek and a SW Geek, all I can say is.... Palisades! Nooooo!
    Sure, the Palisades figs were BIG, but with how cool they made them, it was worth it! I think we've pretty much stopped buying toys in our house since Palisades went away...

Now, if these figures were in scale with standard SW Hasbro figures, that'd be kind of neat, but then Rizzo would be TINY!

-plucky
  17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Well here I go replying to my own quote LOL! Now it has narrowed down to Fall-(Sept,Oct or Nov).:)
  18. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Aaah, gotcha.
    Ooop! Ha ha, I knew that! Musta had Beaker on the brain or something. That was one of my favorite episodes! I really loved how Scooter had to really concentrate HARD to get out those bleeps and blips. His face was all scrunchy, awesome!

Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
  19. masterofmuppets

masterofmuppets New Member

My two favorite things coming together once again. My favorite Muppet show is the one Mark Hammill hosted. They should have Yoda dress up as a Muppet. I will be 20th in line for these.
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Awesome, awesome, awesome. And to think--I was JUST at Disney World. Now I'll have to go back . . . :D