Sesame Street TV References

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Ok! Cancel that last post I just made. Apparently someone beat it to me, and I for one am pleased that South Park does (on occasion) sesame street references!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one that totally floored me. In the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls special (Powerpuff Girls Rule) they made a pretty obscure reference.

The plotline involves the key to the world (like a Key to the city, and whoever possesses it rules the world) getting lost, and all the villains are rushing to find it.

They DIRECTLY reference the SS Some of Us skit seen here, even mimicking the music and movements of the characters. The narrator even says something to the extent of "Yes, all of the bad ones, all of the slimey one, all of the icky ones..." just like the skit.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Here's one that totally floored me. In the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls special (Powerpuff Girls Rule) they made a pretty obscure reference.

The plotline involves the key to the world (like a Key to the city, and whoever possesses it rules the world) getting lost, and all the villains are rushing to find it.

They DIRECTLY reference the SS Some of Us skit seen here, even mimicking the music and movements of the characters. The narrator even says something to the extent of "Yes, all of the bad ones, all of the slimey one, all of the icky ones..." just like the skit.
You know, I saw this special and not I want to see it again.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I do recall an episode of Daria where there is an SS reference, about (If I remember right) refering to a group of other people, wherein she speaks to the camera exclaiming that "One of these things is not like the others".

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Last night's Simpsons episode had costumed versions of Big Bird, Elmo and The Count waiting fro a hockey game to finish so they could start their Sesame Street Ice show.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
not a tv reference, but there isn't a thread for radio... but yesterday (april 11) was the 101st day of the year, so at the end of All Things Considered on NPR, they played the ss funky chimes and had elmo announce that the day's sponsors were the number 101 and the letters n, p, and r. you can hear it here on their website.

mr3urious

Reaction score
not a tv reference, but there isn't a thread for radio... but yesterday (april 11) was the 101st day of the year, so at the end of All Things Considered on NPR, they played the ss funky chimes and had elmo announce that the day's sponsors were the number 101 and the letters n, p, and r. you can hear it here on their website.
Hmm... plays at a much slower tempo than usual.

Also, I'd like to know the actual name of that song.

ISNorden

Reaction score
If reruns count--

On an episode of "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" that I saw this morning, Sabrina and Harvey used a monkey puppet to liven up an oral report on endangered species. A classmate (who spotted Sabrina in the hall later) sarcastically asked: "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I remember seeing an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies which I can't remember what it was about but whoever the guest was Granny mentions who Jed or the other 2 He watches SS.

The BH's ran from 1962-1971 so this had to have been from the last 2 years of its run.

Maybe somebody else has more info.