1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street TV References

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Muppet dude, May 13, 2007.

1. Muppet dude Active Member

I just saw a Sesame Street reference on "The Simpsons" tonight! They had a blue sweatshirt with Big Bird killing Elmo!
  2. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

(cackles fiendishly) Oooh, I can't believe I missed that!

And I'll bet there are at least a million Muppet fans who would love to own a shirt like that.
  3. anytimepally Active Member

I can think of at least one ;)
  4. Winslow Leach Active Member

I taped it, but haven't watched it yet. I'll have to keep my eyes open!
  5. Winslow Leach Active Member

Remember the episode where Homer pledges $10,000 to PBS to stop the pledge drives, and bring the show he was watching back on? (I think it was a British sitcom).

Obviously Homer can't afford to pay, but a lot of PBS characters come to the door, demanding he cough up the dough. Homer runs down the street, and is pursued by Elmo, Oscar, Mr. Rogers, Big Bird and the Teletubbies, among others.

Mr. Rogers: It's a beautiful day...to kick your a**!

Oscar: Give us the money!

Elmo: Elmo knows where you live!
  6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Hmm...which episode was it? I dont know about you but there is an episode at 8 and 8:30 where I live. I know the second one was about homer getting the ice cream truck and marge making popsicle stick statues. Was it in that one or a different one?
  7. Winslow Leach Active Member

Fox aired the 400th episode of The Simpsons at 8 PM. It supposedly is a parody of 24 (I haven't watched it yet); Kiefer Sutherland was a guest voice. The 8:30 ep. was a repeat, the one you mentioned about the ice cream truck.

The episode I referred to earlier about the PBS pledge drive is an older episode, and can be seen in syndication.
  8. janicegroupie New Member

I remember that one where Homer had to flee to some island to get away from them. That was hilarious:D I unfortunately missed last night's episode so I didn't get to see the shirt. Oh well they show reruns of the simpsons at least 3 times a day here so I guess I'll catch it another time.
  9. Winslow Leach Active Member

Marge: Homer, have you been licking frogs again?
  10. muppettracy New Member

i saw this, it was cool!
  11. MuppetMarc New Member

I'm not not licking toads
  12. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I meant which episode had the t-shirt
  13. Muppet dude Active Member

The new one from last Sunday. In it, the Simpsons' dog (Santa's Little Helper) becomes a police dog.
  14. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Oooh, I only saw tthe last few minutes of it
  15. Winslow Leach Active Member

I was actually referring to the t-shirt ep. in the first half of my post (400th episode, Keifer Sutherland). Sorry for the confusion!:)
  16. Winslow Leach Active Member

...and I still haven't watched it yet...
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering now we have a sepperate thread for this now, I think it's time to put the Sesame Only referrences and allusions right here.

First up:

On Saban's English dub of Samurai Pizza cats, an episode features a giant Buddha statue that has a birds face. naturally some one made this joke about a gaint chicken statue..

"A Big Bird? Go Back to public television! We don't want your kind here!

On the Super Mario Bros 3 eipsode, Cheatin' Lyin' Nasty Gaint Ninja Koopas, a gaint Parrot laments about King Koopa using it's giant cage to capture Luigi, Toad and Princess Toadstool:

"My whole life was in that cage! My Big Bird Poster, my Worms from outer space comics..."

And in South park (various episodes) Little Baby Ike has been known to say Cookie Monster at odd times (mayhaps a refference to the A B C D E F Cookie Monster skit)
  18. Boober_Gorg Active Member

19. Boober_Gorg Active Member

20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I meant one specifically for this site.

I forgot another

In the Live action Tick Sit-com, The Tick is apprently going crazy or something (I forget exactly how or why, I haven't seen the episode in years) but at one point, the Tick is watching Grover on Sesame Street and says "Daddy"