Sesame Street TV References

wiley207

Reaction score
I just saw a Sesame Street reference on "The Simpsons" tonight! They had a blue sweatshirt with Big Bird killing Elmo!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(cackles fiendishly) Oooh, I can't believe I missed that!

And I'll bet there are at least a million Muppet fans who would love to own a shirt like that.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I taped it, but haven't watched it yet. I'll have to keep my eyes open!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Remember the episode where Homer pledges $10,000 to PBS to stop the pledge drives, and bring the show he was watching back on? (I think it was a British sitcom).

Obviously Homer can't afford to pay, but a lot of PBS characters come to the door, demanding he cough up the dough. Homer runs down the street, and is pursued by Elmo, Oscar, Mr. Rogers, Big Bird and the Teletubbies, among others.

Mr. Rogers: It's a beautiful day...to kick your a**!

Oscar: Give us the money!

Elmo: Elmo knows where you live!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmm...which episode was it? I dont know about you but there is an episode at 8 and 8:30 where I live. I know the second one was about homer getting the ice cream truck and marge making popsicle stick statues. Was it in that one or a different one?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hmm...which episode was it? I dont know about you but there is an episode at 8 and 8:30 where I live. I know the second one was about homer getting the ice cream truck and marge making popsicle stick statues. Was it in that one or a different one?
Fox aired the 400th episode of The Simpsons at 8 PM. It supposedly is a parody of 24 (I haven't watched it yet); Kiefer Sutherland was a guest voice. The 8:30 ep. was a repeat, the one you mentioned about the ice cream truck.

The episode I referred to earlier about the PBS pledge drive is an older episode, and can be seen in syndication.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Remember the episode where Homer pledges $10,000 to PBS to stop the pledge drives, and bring the show he was watching back on? (I think it was a British sitcom).

Obviously Homer can't afford to pay, but a lot of PBS characters come to the door, demanding he cough up the dough. Homer runs down the street, and is pursued by Elmo, Oscar, Mr. Rogers, Big Bird and the Teletubbies, among others.

Mr. Rogers: It's a beautiful day...to kick your a**!

Oscar: Give us the money!

Elmo: Elmo knows where you live!
I remember that one where Homer had to flee to some island to get away from them. That was hilarious:big_grin: I unfortunately missed last night's episode so I didn't get to see the shirt. Oh well they show reruns of the simpsons at least 3 times a day here so I guess I'll catch it another time.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I remember that one where Homer had to flee to some island to get away from them. That was hilarious:big_grin: I unfortunately missed last night's episode so I didn't get to see the shirt. Oh well they show reruns of the simpsons at least 3 times a day here so I guess I'll catch it another time.
Marge: Homer, have you been licking frogs again?