Sesame Street TV References

wiley207

Reaction score
The new one from last Sunday. In it, the Simpsons' dog (Santa's Little Helper) becomes a police dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering now we have a sepperate thread for this now, I think it's time to put the Sesame Only referrences and allusions right here.

First up:

On Saban's English dub of Samurai Pizza cats, an episode features a giant Buddha statue that has a birds face. naturally some one made this joke about a gaint chicken statue..

"A Big Bird? Go Back to public television! We don't want your kind here!

On the Super Mario Bros 3 eipsode, Cheatin' Lyin' Nasty Gaint Ninja Koopas, a gaint Parrot laments about King Koopa using it's giant cage to capture Luigi, Toad and Princess Toadstool:

"My whole life was in that cage! My Big Bird Poster, my Worms from outer space comics..."

And in South park (various episodes) Little Baby Ike has been known to say Cookie Monster at odd times (mayhaps a refference to the A B C D E F Cookie Monster skit)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but I meant one specifically for this site.

I forgot another

In the Live action Tick Sit-com, The Tick is apprently going crazy or something (I forget exactly how or why, I haven't seen the episode in years) but at one point, the Tick is watching Grover on Sesame Street and says "Daddy"