Sesame Street TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
In last night's Family Guy, they had a computer projection of Joe with different leg transplants. One of them was big Bird's legs. You could tell from the pink stripes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While not a TV reference, the Homestarrunner.com 2007 Halloween toon had a nice little reference to the Typewriter guy. Apparently it's Homsar's Halloween costume.

Here's a screen grab

ISNorden

Reaction score
Remember the episode of South Park with Cartman getting crucified as part of a religious drama? Officer Barbrady (the town's police chief, who can barely read) sees the cross in the distance and says "T...T is for Turtle!" Then he leaves with a "nooney-nooney-noo" song similar to Typewriter Guy's; that sounds like a Sesame Street allusion to me, though I wonder how "turtle" came up in the scene.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ooops, I see that one's on the Wiki...it's fresh in my mind because I saw the episode just last night. My fault!

wiley207

Reaction score
This may be just an eerie coincidence, but the Inspector Gadget episode "The Coo-Coo Clock Caper" has a scene at the end where a clock tower graphically collapses, and it reminds me of the News Flash segment about "Hickory Dickory Dock" with the horse destroying the clock. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Simpsons 11/25/07 Funeral for a Fiend

In this episode, Moe buys, and then accidentally destroys a Plasma screen TV. He then says, "oh well, at least I can still watch DVD's on family vacations."

He chases the Hibbert's car/ "Big Bird in China? Won't Grover be Loneyly? No! He's with Derek Jeter."

An a Purple Grover is seen on the TV screen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street was mentioned twice in last Sunday's episode of the Simpsons. In this episode, the town of Springfeild is sick of the pandering made by political candidates, and puts Ralph Wiggum in as a write in Candidate.

one line, a commentator said, "Can Ralph go from Sesame Street to Pensilvania Avenue?"

later on Ralph is in the center of a bidding war between the Republican party and the Democratic party. Someone asks Ralph who he likes, and Ralph replies, "uh...Elmo?"

I forget the rest of the gag, but they make a reference to someone named Elmo in politics, and I just can't remember his name, or I'd give the rest of the joke.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pink and the Brain: there was an episode where the Brain was becoming a Sumo Wrestler for some reason (I forget what his plan called for), and Pinky is playing with a Tickle me Bimbo doll. When Brain reveals his mechanical sumo suit Pinky says "NARF! A tickle me Dom Deluise! That's the rarest one of all."
I was going to repost it with more accurate Dialogue.

Anyway the episode is called "Big in Japan."
The plan was about catching a rare fish that they only feed Sumos, that have a chemical in their tail that causes people to get paralized for 24 hours.

While calculating the Plan, Brain cannot concentrait over the sound of Pinky playing with his Tickle Me Herbert doll. It appears a parody style Muppet monster that's purple with yellow hair, and has googly pink eyes. Brain bops Pinky off the head with it (and later says to bring it along so he'll have some intellegent conversation.)

Later on, he reveals a Sumo suit, and Pinky's line is "The Tickle me Dom Deluise! That's the most expensive one."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Currently watching the Green Bay Packers vs. Seattle Seahawks playoff football game. And a few moments ago during one of the play breaks, there was music from Pinball Count playing in the background at the stadium. Cool. Guess they did this after hushedly calling BretFarvre's number... 4!

Katzi428

Reaction score
On an episode of "Family Feud" the other day,the contestants were told to name a famous puppet.Someone answered Kermit and it was on the board!
(OK...so we MCers know Kermit's a Muppet,but I guess they figured same thing):smile: