Sesame Street TV References

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where I am supposed to post it, but for a lack of a beter place, I'll put it here. on the shrek 3 dvd (which is lame compared to the other 2), on the DW Kids menu its something about going green, kinda pointless if you ask me. Anyway, shrek starts of by saying "Shakespere once said, or maybe it was kermit, that its not easy being green". Like I said, the special features on this dvd are really lacking, but still

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Not exactly an SST reference, but... You know the Electric Company segments where they would sound out halves of words and then say the entire word? Well, Comedy Central has created a few parodies of these to promote the second half of the current season of South Park, hyping the start of the new episodes on 3/12/2008. Check 'em out and LMK if you think the same.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last Night's The Simpsons (Dial N for Nerder) featured a brief refference. Bart, Lisa, and Homer had something to hide (Bart and Lisa accidentally committed a murder, Homer was cheating on his diet). They all go "Nothing", and the camera zooms on Maggie, who was playing internet poker. She quickly clicks the mous, and it reveals an Elmo shapes game instead.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the Broadway play "In teh Heights", Usnavi is told by is co-worker that "Would Bert ever abandon Ernie?" when Usnavi is planning to leave town.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I dunno--Ernie's eating habits driving Bert crazy I can understand, but Bert drinking and swearing and sharing a bed with Ernie? That just gives Sesame Street a bad name, especially with the older characters getting phased out.
I see what you mean, but even though someone makes fun of something I like, I try to see the humor in it, but that's just me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno--Ernie's eating habits driving Bert crazy I can understand, but Bert drinking and swearing and sharing a bed with Ernie? That just gives Sesame Street a bad name, especially with the older characters getting phased out.
yeah, but the joke is that they're making fun of 2 shows. While they are using Sesame Street as the characters, they are using Homicide as a template. Plus, the fact that it paid off to, "I wish you would stop eating cookies in... bed" was just a brillaint gag.

I never feel terrible about anything they have done about the Muppets on FG. Quite a few people who work on it are true fans. That goes especially for Seth Green and creator Seth MacFarline.

...though I do wonder if they'll ever allow Seth Green back on Sesame Street... Hmmm.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I found that Family Guy sketch very funny. It doesn't tarnish the Muppets to be at all. I also often enjoy making fun of things I like. A SS puppeteer once said Richard Hunt made a joke about Aristotle, the blind monster character he played. And as Don Reardon once said of Richard, "We both shared the belief that good-natured teasing was an act of love."

The Family Guy sketch is clearly for adult, and kids shouldn't see it. And the "adult" themes used in the sketch, contrasted with the cookies in bed line (and the old B&E theme music at the end) was indeed brilliant, lol.

But it really depends on the kind of humor we enjoy and our opinions, and that's cool. :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
The Family Guy sketch is clearly for adult, and kids shouldn't see it. And the "adult" themes used in the sketch, contrasted with the cookies in bed line (and the old B&E theme music at the end) was indeed brilliant, lol.
Yeah, my favorite part in that skit is the goofy music at the end. It's just like the real Ernie and Bert skits! They also did a similar joke relating to the Flintstones once, a dinosaur said one of those one-liners, and you hear the laugh track and the "laughing" Flintstones music.