Sesame Street TV References

muppet maniac

Reaction score
They just had another Sesame skit on MADtv. It revolved around Big Bird (and later, Gordon) getting evicted out of Sesame Street and in some suburban neighborhood.

wiley207

Reaction score
They just had another Sesame skit on MADtv. It revolved around Big Bird (and later, Gordon) getting evicted out of Sesame Street and in some suburban neighborhood.
Was it the same "Bird" and Gordon from the previous skits? I'd love to see that! And did it have those two "kids" as well?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Was it the same "Bird" and Gordon from the previous skits? I'd love to see that! And did it have those two "kids" as well?

Yes, and yes.

It's on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q-zs-1eb1pI

They even snuck in another Electric Company/Muppet Show reference in there.

wiley207

Reaction score
That was awesome! I always enjoy seeing those Sesame Street parodies from M.A.D. TV. And it was cool to see them do it at a different location than Big Bird's Nest. Though it stinks they didn't do a Grover voiceover at the end.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I wonder if MADtv ever makes more Sesame skits, maybe they could expand on the Electric Company/Muppet Show references---not just the "Silhouette" skit, or the well-known TMS Muppets (Statler and Waldorf, Swedish Chef)

Say they could have Easy Reader, or Crank, or Letterman, or North Decoder...and for TMS, they could have Sam, or Animal...and maybe Scooter reminding George Bush that he has "15 seconds to curtain"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've seen several references to SS on Saved by the Bell: The College Years. Like in teh episode where the gang tries to cheat on their ethics exam, Screech sings the SS theme as he dumps out the trash.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In a promo for PBS new cartoon series "Click and Clack: As the Wrench Turns", one scene shows them being thrown out of the PBS building by an angry Big Bird and Cookie Monster.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Thoes Madtv skits are insane and sometimes I little sad the way they get mistreated.

I was thought it was so awful the way the Kermit look a like was on his death bed and song that horrible verison of "It's Not Easy Bein Green." It went something like it's quite easy glowing green" then a little later something like "as my blood-flow thicken, doctors hope I taste like Chicken." Just really sad.

But the truth is I do find them really funny and that's saying something since Madtv really hasn't been that funny in awhile. In my mind this is some of the funniest stuff they got going for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In a promo for PBS new cartoon series "Click and Clack: As the Wrench Turns", one scene shows them being thrown out of the PBS building by an angry Big Bird and Cookie Monster.
In the Click and Clack episode "election", when trying to get money for pledge drive week, the old woman in the garage cage decides to go double or nothing, by betting that Sesame Street's number of the day would be odd. It turns out to be even (the number 4), and she says "The Count is killing me this week."

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aw man! I really have been meaning to watch Click and Clack! Is it good?