Dark Crystal and Labyrinth Anniversary Edition DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrusGrissom

Reaction score
Cool! i can't wait to sell my old DVD of "The Dark Crystal" for the new one, i love that one. Not a big fan of "Labyrinth", i do like David Bowie's music though but those pants he wore kind of grossed me out much like Tim Curry in Lingerie in "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Cool! i can't wait to sell my old DVD of "The Dark Crystal" for the new one, i love that one. Not a big fan of "Labyrinth", i do like David Bowie's music though but those pants he wore kind of grossed me out much like Tim Curry in Lingerie in "Rocky Horror Picture Show".
I put Labyrinth up there as one of my all time favourite movies... and for me... Bowie had a hand in really making the film something above and beyond because of the music he wrote and performed as well as how well he played Jareth! EXCEPT... You are so right... I've always hated those tights! In my opinion...Men should NEVER wear tights! No exception (sorry ballerinos, peter pan & robin hood!) No matter how big their package is... it should never be wrapped in a lycra bundle for all the world to see! It's just wrong! Oh so wrong!

JMPrater

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a teaser trailer for The Power of the Crystal put on the SE of The Dark Crystal? The film is less than a year away now, we should be seeing SOMETHING!

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Hmm, I doubt there will be any look at the next film, if indeed it is even happening, due to the lack of news of any kind.

I just saw on digitalbits that the dvd's will come with booklets, animation cells, senitype, character sketch-up cards and jim hensons original notes (for the Dark Crystal).

Possibly more. At this point, I don't care if it comes with the original teeth from Jen. What I am most interested in is a good commentary track by frank oz. I know supposedly Brian Froud is on it, and that is interesting and great, but I want someone who was involved day to day on set, with the actors, muppeteers and everyone else. Frank Oz is the closest guy to Jim, and to hear him give us some insight into the film, and the experiences that happened on set would be great. But I guess if they are not going to do it for its 25th anniversary, then we may never see it.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a teaser trailer for The Power of the Crystal put on the SE of The Dark Crystal? The film is less than a year away now, we should be seeing SOMETHING!
That's a good idea, I think it's possible.

JMPrater

Reaction score
I'm tending to believe Cabbageheat that The Power of the Crystal has died a quiet death. Oh well, it was fun to think about it.

The Power of the Crystal is no more :frown:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I've talked with Henson about the production status recently and they assured me that the Jim Henson Company is still very much committed to producing Power of the Dark Crystal. However, PotDC is an ambitious undertaking - although it continues to move forward, the company is working to secure the financing and line-up the other production and distribution channels that a project of this scope requires (and yes, this will likely impact the original production timeline).

Remember it took more than 5-years to bring the original Dark Crystal to the big screen... it is not unusual for a project like this to have a slow start getting off the ground (but once things really get going, things will really get going!). Remember it has been less than 25-months since Henson first announced that they were even going to consider developing a sequel to the Dark Crystal, and the director was signed just 15-months ago. There is a lot of pre-production and "business" work that has to be done before physical production can begin. Patience!

The project is not dead.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Gelfling Waldo, do you know anything new about the Varjak Paw movie? I've tried several times to contact JHC myself, but I never get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.