Is it ALL for Bush?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My uncle's the same way. He likes Bush(well, i think he still does anyway), and doesn't get offended when I yap off at the mouth about how much I dislike him. With that said, I am really gonna tone it down a little. There's no use in arguing ( if that was the case, which I hope not:smile: ) over a guy who probably doesn't even know that I, you, or anyone else really exists. He's got half the country's men in Iraq for god sake!
Not trying to offend him, not trying to defend him. But it's purely a volunteer army. which means the people who are over their choose to go over there and fight. Heck, they actually wanted to. The president can not make then go over there and and fight Just a fact. But, about Congress wanting to make it a recruiting army again, that a whole other story.:stick_out_tongue:

Yeah, you really can't blame who ever the president for everything. A lot of how things go really do depend on the citizens. And a lot of that is in the citizens hand through the voting booth. I would agree that you would have to consider 'inflation' for why things cost more then they used to. But, yeah, a lot of it is all just politics ad mud slinging. It they actually cared about something and could keep their promises and were honest, decent people, maybe I would actually want to vote for somebody. But yeah, a lot of them just want you vote. It kinda sad that they've taken an image of untrustworthiness any more. its like whoever your voting for, you just gonna get "screwed" anyway.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It was a short-lived sitcom on Comedy Central a few years back. Timothy Bottoms played the Prez, and did a pretty convincing job at it. Much better than anyone on SNL...except for Will Ferrell, who did a classic Dubya.
I liked Tracy Morgan's Bush! He just brake dancing or something like that.:big_grin:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Tracy Morgan was Bush?

As for the original intent for discussion in this thread:

The sooner November 2008 comes, the better.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not trying to offend him, not trying to defend him. But it's purely a volunteer army. which means the people who are over their choose to go over there and fight. Heck, they actually wanted to. The president can not make then go over there and and fight Just a fact. But, about Congress wanting to make it a recruiting army again, that a whole other story.:stick_out_tongue:
It's true, they were very smart not to start a draft. They know if they did, the protest in this country would be much much worse. We haven't had to sacrifice much as a whole. (Of course, once you are in the military, it's hard to get out, then you have to go where you're told).

It they actually cared about something and could keep their promises and were honest, decent people, maybe I would actually want to vote for somebody. But yeah, a lot of them just want you vote. It kinda sad that they've taken an image of untrustworthiness any more. its like whoever your voting for, you just gonna get "screwed" anyway.
Unfortunately yes, I don't want to compromise my morals and my vote for these people.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
(Of course, once you are in the military, it's hard to get out, then you have to go where you're told).
That's true. But you have to keep in mine that their are people who actually wanted to go as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(Of course, once you are in the military, it's hard to get out, then you have to go where you're told).
Just do what Corporal Klinger did and run around in dresses, trying to prove you're not worthy of being a good soldier and that you're crazy, and who knows, maybe they'll give you a Section 8,

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That very wall could be true, but it was not my comment. Oops! No idea how that happen. But still a good point none the less.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But then again, in the end, Klinger ended up staying in Korea after all... so if you're going to try to pull a Klinger on everyone, try to avoid that final chapter yourself.