Is it ALL for Bush?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Reagan is like most Presidents, he did good and bad things. But he did contribute to the fall of Communism and that was good.

I always find it weird how some people say this is a conservative country, but others say it's a liberal one. Personally I think rapidly becoming a Relativist one, a country where anything goes, there's no right or wrong and no accountability. But I don't think a President can fix that, heh. That's our job. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I guess I've just never really heard any criticism towards Reagan before is all... heck I don't know why I should even care, I don't think I was around when he was in office!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, I don't think there should BE any harsh words for Reagan. The reason that people think that it was a tragedy that he died wasn't because he had a horrible disease and died in his 90s, it was because he had the horrible disease in the first place. It's sad to see a public figure(especially one who people hold to the highest regard as being one of the greatest presidents in modern history) go through something like that. He was shot and the next day joked about it like it was his own fault("I forgot to duck") FDR, in all honesty, was probably the closest thing that the US had to a dictator in a long time. I know that we had a lot of opprotunities to vote for others, and I'm not saying that he wasn't a great president, he was or else he wouldn't have gone for 4 terms and had congress make an amendment saying that you can only be in office 2 terms. I'm just saying that before that, everybody else was in office 2 terms and then let somebody else do it. I'm a purple state moderate, and dang proud of it.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
FDR compaired to LBJ, Nixon, Both Bushes, Carter, Clinton and Regan... I'll take him anyday.

Anyway, I feel the fact he had the disease and lived to be 90 was an accomplishment. He coulda dies much sooner and much harsher. All I'm saying is you can respect him if you want, but idolizing ANY US president is dangerous. they are all flawed people, and their mistakes are to be learned from. I'm not saying we should say nasty stuff about him, but when people were saying they should put him on the dollar bill? OUCH!

IMO, there were only 4 true great presidents, and they've been immortalized in a certain national monument. And even then, they were pretty flawed people.

I will say, we are lucky, anyway. As bad as some of our leaders get, there are truely horrendous ones out there.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will say, we are lucky, anyway. As bad as some of our leaders get, there are truely horrendous ones out there.
Oh definitely! I really don't like it when people call the President a dictator or Fascist(however badly he has definitely done). We in America have no idea what those words mean.

Try living in Afghanistan for a day, especially as a woman.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Heh heh. That's a pretty funny show. I hope it lasts longer than That's My Bush!
I think that show only got cancelled because of 9/11. If that never happened, or they did that show in these days, it would have lasted WAY longer than it did.

Daniel

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I never knew a show of that name existed.:cool: :confused: :smile:
It was a short-lived sitcom on Comedy Central a few years back. Timothy Bottoms played the Prez, and did a pretty convincing job at it. Much better than anyone on SNL...except for Will Ferrell, who did a classic Dubya.