Is it ALL for Bush?

anytimepally

Reaction score
back to the original topic.. no, it's not ALL for Bush.. the trick is to get some of it for yourself :wink: .. that's the American dream and all that.. what it really comes down to is which industry you're talking about, so I'll try to hit all of them.. eggs haven't gone up all that much, so I'd say that's just natural inflationary forces (thank Reagan for that one).. according to the Wall Street journal, the jump in milk prices (which went up what I believe qualifies as an insane amount since I was young) are largely due to rising transportation costs (aka.. gas prices) ... now, this one is just me quessing, but I suspect comic book prices went up at least partially for two reasons: (1) less people are buying comic books now.. I mean, back in the 80s, I used to drop $20 a week on the latest comics, but even by the time by brother was the age I had been then, kids weren't buying comics as much anymore.. and (2) the price of paper has gone up.. this one isn't as much a guess, because my uncle wrote books when he was alive, and I remember very distinctly when they raised the prices of his books due to paper costs.. as for TV season sets on DVD.. well, that comes down to corporate greed.. there's very little else going on there

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, there are good things about Capitalism, but one of the worst drawbacks is the ever present greed. And that has always been true.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, pally, my pal, I just wanted to thank you very much because it's FINALLY all clear to me now, and it all makes sense too! I mean, I can see why paper would be going up in prices, look at how many trees we DON'T have left to make paper! DVDs going up because of corporate greed makes perfect sense; after four years of FOX releasing each individual season of M*A*S*H on DVD with no special features (each retailing at $32), FOX then released ALL the seasons in one entire complete season WITH special features (retailing at over $200); thankfully a lot of people complained to them about that, so they pulled the complete series set off the shelves and just last month, released all the special features seperately in it's own little set. Not only that, but Paramount's getting ready to do the same with The Andy Griffith Show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep this apolitical, myself, and I do sadly have to agree with Teeheeman that BOTH parties (and I might as well add the independants) are all paid off by companies... though I honestly think that the right gets the most of it. I mean, if you want to pay to get someone into office, you want to pay for someone to win. The odd thing is, as much lying, sneaking, cheating, and pretending to care about morals the Bush administraition craps on us, we are still a conservative contry... not me, I hate both sides, I just hate the left a little less, since I can't resist an Underdog (except for that new Disney movie).

I feel the problem with the right since the 80's were the greedy yuppy Neo-cons that took the party right fromout of the bottom of traditional conservatives, who work hard to support their families and somehow believe they're trying to help. I could go on all day about this, and how upper class liberals help shoot themselves (and their party) in the foot. I can't stand either.

Anyway, I feel Bush is without a doubt the dumbest worst president in history. I'm not too crazy about Reagan either. At least Arnold's movies were memorable.

I do feel that the worst mistake other than the war was the tax cuts during the war. the war takes the high majority of our tax dollars, and it's still underfunded. how can that be? The Bush administraition is the best dang thing in the world for big greedy conglomerates. That's why they pay Bill O'Reilly to say how "evil" the brown people who sneak in from behind the bushes over the boarder are with one hand, then let Walmart ship an entire village of same "evil" people to work below minimum wage as janitors.

I hate politicians and world leaders, and the only reason why war isn't obsolete, is because said world leaders are watching all the chaos and carnage from their hot tubs eatting tax funded caviar. I mean, war is funded by the rich and faught by the poor. Both sides. This isn't the Revolutionary war, WW2, or the Civil War, which it was needed. After WW2 no wars were really necissary. In fact, even WW 1 wasn't necissarry, and was because Europe had to have a hissy fit because one country had more money than another.

So what it all boils down to is no matter what side, politicians don't give a flying frog about the little guy, and they always step on us.

And, unfortunately we are the best country in the world... but did you get a load of our competition? people drinking feces spiked water? Brutal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, I've never heard any smack-talk against Reagan before!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I can't tell if you're serious or not, Snowthy, but if you knew me in my real life, you'd hear a lot of it!.. he is the reason we have such a large national debt, after all

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, and so many people talk about what a great president he was!

Drtooth

Reaction score
because he died. he died, and that made him a marter (or whatever it is). When someone dies, they're the greatest person in the world. Not to mention the whole thing about us being a conservative country. For me, we haven't seen a truely great president since FDR. And that's mainly cuz he got us out of BOTH the great depression and WW 2. But the latest president I truely admire is the other Roosevelt, Teddy. Dude cracked down on big business. We'll never see his likes again.

I mean, like all presidents, Reagan did good things and bad things. But also like most presidents, the bad did out weigh the good. Certain things that happened in his administration still haunt us to this day. Which country do you think brought Saddam into power in the first place? I just don't see how he's so special. I mean, he had a horrible disease and lived to be 90 something. That's an accomplishment. Did anyone think he was gonna live forever? A tragidy is when someone dies getting gunned down in their 50's or something like that.

But I digress. I can talk smack about the whole bloody lot of them if you gimme all day. I think presidents jumped the shark after JFK was shot. We haven't had a good one since. And even when they do do good things, their best work happens after their presidency has ended.

But, please. let us not hate eachother for not liking certain politicians. Remember, a lot of these guys are the best of friends, on both sides. Look at how Bush Sr. and Clinton banded together after that Tsunami.

With that said, I just hate world leaders on the whole. I mean, we have our OWN problems not having to contend with getting shot by a rival gang...err..country.