Fraggle Rocks nod to Peanuts

Foodie

Reaction score
It would have been funny if, in Fraggle Wars, they had made some kind of 'robot' something to look like R2D2. Or some Fraggle character to resemble Chewbacca.

Or, maybe not...I'm glad FR didn't have parodies like that.
* giggles * Gobo'd make a good Han Solo.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
heralde what special is that.
I couldn't remember the name at first, but I looked it up just now and it was Snoopy! The Musical, from 1988. :smile:

Here's the Snoopy writer's clip from it that someone posted on youtube. Bad quality but you can basically see it and the sound is perfect (beautiful number!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KM4Fy7uDow

Recognize the voice? It's Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles cartoon. Totally tubular!

I'd definitely recommend this special! Oh and here's them singing "Just One Person!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd5XnSw22ms

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
* giggles * Gobo'd make a good Han Solo.
I think we're about to serve up a muffin, but:

Gobo - Han Solo
Mokey - Leia
Sprocket - Chewbacca
Wembley - Luke
Junior/Marvin(?) - Jabba
Boober - C3PO

Okay, I'm spent! LOL!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Uncle Matt - obi Wan Kenobi
That woud be Interesting but different and i agree that its great that they never did that.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
That would be a reference to "The Increditble Shrinking Woman".
Actually, it's in reference to The Incredible Shrinking Man, a sci fi movie from the 50's that The Incredible Shrinking Woman was parodying in 1981 (I actually prefer the Woman. Sydney the gorilla was the best!).

lowercasegods

Reaction score
The line "it was a dark and stormy night" originally comes from an 1830 novel by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton:

A competition now exists to attempt to find the worst possible opening line to a novel. More information can be found here: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/
My mistake. I meant to imply that Peanuts used it before Fraggle Rock, rather than Schulz having created the phrase. Charles Schulz was pretty well read, so it makes sense that he'd reference older literature in his comics.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I never thought about it before but yeah, a lot of the Fraggle episode titles are some kind of spin on a common saying. Like as someone said earlier "Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk", which is used quite literally in that episode! (Love that episode btw! It's so pointless, but it's great! lol).

Or "Bored Stiff." What happens in that episode anyway? I've read the summary but...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Sorry, I read the summary too, but you probably know more than I do at this point.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
MAYBE THE WRITERS WRITE THE SCRIPT AND THEN come up with a title that fits, it would make sence but right now we dont know.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this Haralde, and it's another big muffin, but I think it's funny! You keep doing it to me! You always seem to make refference to something I said earlier, except you always seem to forget who said it, calling me, "someone"! I was the one who mentioned Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk, lol!
Cute, cute trick.