Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
This makes me so happy. I like the menus alot and im glad that the episodes are uncut. The bonus features i think are great too. I would like season 1 rereleased uncut too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a problem with the fact the misplacement of the muppets in the bones featuers. That confsses me.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hello Phil and everyone! Been a few years! :eek: But i hope everyone is well!

The Muppet show season 2 sounds great! and an uncut Muppet Valentines show is fantastic! Looks like Disney did a great job with this!

I am interested in the new Muppet footage and it's always great to see new Bobo, Johnny, and Sal materal!(as well as all the characters) Hopeful it will be Brian Henson voicing Sal! and we haven't seen Bobo since like IAVMMCM as wells the party cruise game right? he wasn't in MWOZ and i can't think of anything else that he would have been in other then that since then (apperances and such)I love Bobo! it would have been nice to have had Rowlf, Bunsen, and Beaker .ect, to be on there as well seeing as they had the puppeteers at hand.

I can't believe how many classic Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame dvd relases we have been getting and in around the same time too!:smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
This is so great that we will be getting all 24 season 2 episodes completly UNCUT! :smile:

I have some ideas for bonus matial for the future seasons 3 through 5 DVD sets.

SEASON 3

The Original Unaired Juliet Prowse Pilot

60 Minutes: Behine The Scenes of The Muppet Show

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and Jerry Nelson

SEASON 4

The Original Unaired Connie Stevens Pilot or John Denver & The Muppets Christmas Special

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and Brian Henson

SEASON 5

Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show or The Muppets Go To The Movies

The Jim Henson Retrospective

Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz & Steve Whitmire

"I don't wanna feel like I'm thinking about this too soon and too fast but what do you think?

:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
See this is what i don't understand If they have Bill there why not do Rowlf,
Bill Steve and Dave all have taken on roles played by the late Jim Henson, and Richard Hunt, so why dont they use them more. I think it is sad that Jim and Richard are gone, but that should not hurt the classic Muppets like Scooter Dr. Theeth Rolf just to name a few.
Eric Jakobson is really the bravest of the Muppetters to take on not one but almost all of Frank Oz's Muppets Sesame and Classic Muppets. I realy dont understand it at all can you all explain it to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I must agree. Although I do enjoy the new Muppet characters, classic characters should come first. The entertaining-yet-spotty Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight support that idea. Still very pleased. Hey, I thought something a while back did report new Rowlf footage? Hmm.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This makes me so happy. I like the menus alot and im glad that the episodes are uncut. The bonus features i think are great too. I would like season 1 rereleased uncut too.
The thing to keep in mind is that just because Season 2 is complete and uncut that's no guarantee that there won't be some songs that music licensors may refuse to sell at all on the three remaining seasons. And even if the first season turns out to be the one and only edited set in the collection, the holders of the rights may not ever relinquish their restrictions so that they can rerelease it complete ever. But it's not too hard to obtain uncut copies if you have access to friends who can get them off the Disney Channel for you anyway.

Me, if anything I would like to see the other sets released with Muppet Morsels, and then I would gladly fork out for a rerelease of the second season. But I'm not going to go ballistic if they don't do morsels ever again.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I checked out the review. Very interesting. It's also cool that they have the 'select chapters' option like they had on the TimeLife DVDs. Also, since they're all uncut I can maybe sell TimeLife Volume 8 (I think that's the one it was with all season 2 eps) on ebay or something and make some extra cash. Just something to think about.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I checked out the review. Very interesting. It's also cool that they have the 'select chapters' option like they had on the TimeLife DVDs.
The Time-Life discs have a specific on-screen menu for the chapter selections. There isn't one here. Just use the chapter button on your player to move between the chapters. Each episode should have four chapters (open, first act, second act, closing).