1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 20, 2007.

1. wendygirl

wendygirl New Member

I am so happy it is finally going to be released. It has been a long wait but will be worth it to have the complete shows uncut. :excited: I don't want summer to fly by too fast (I'm a teacher's aide on vacation) but, I can hardly wait for August 7th!
  2. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

me too YEAH!:)
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Even with my complaining with the newer muppets i am very exited to see this Show.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I know i will be getting this set. It looks awsome and great. I would have loved to have seen "Muppet Morsels" aren't on here but cool to get to see all the episodes all uncut. And the all the speical features are neat too. I can't wait and i'll be getting this right when it hits the stands. (Just maybe i can go to Walmart and get it right when they put it out)
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sweet Scorsese! Did you say UNCUT?

Well, now we know why it took them 2 years to do this.

Though i'd rather have seen the stuff they filmed for the first DVD in leu of the Muppet interviews.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder what the deal with the lack of morsels this time is. Could it be due to the various changes in management for the Muppets? Could that also be the reason that the back cover includes older photos this time?

It also sounds odd that English Country Garden is included twice.

I like the fact that the main menus are not only different than on the first set, but that there are two different types of menus. Maybe the next set will have different main menus on all four discs, maybe with Beauregard on disc 1, The Swedish Chef on disc 2 (would it be pushing it to recast Gladys for the main menus?), Lew Zealand on disc 3, and Scooter on disc 4.

I would rather see Rowlf and Dr. Teeth on The Mupets on Mupets feature than pepe, Bobo, Johnny Fiama, and Sal. It's a shame that Scooter isn't in this feature. Ricky Boyd did such an impressive job as Scooter in The Muppets Wizard of Oz, and it's a shame that he hasn't performed Scooter since. I don't know if he just isn't available for the last few productions (A Green and Red Chrismas, this set, the last set, etc) or if the peopel in charge just haven't been wanting Scooter to be used.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Is the dreaded episode with the muppet with the missing eye in this set?
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

AMEN! Thats what i have been trying to say
  9. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Muppet with a missing eye, do you mean "Something's Missing" if so yes it's on the Rudolph Nureyev episode.

Oh, and yay for no cuts and the Muppet Valentine special!
  10. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I am so exited about this DVD set I don't know how much longer I can Wait!

This is just great news!

1. All 24 Season Two Episodes UNCUT! :)

2. The RARE Muppet Valentine Special! :)

4. NEW Muppet Interviews! :)

5. The Weezer & Muppets Music Video!

6. Great Lookin' Disc Menus too!

"I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS SET!"
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Or maybe he meant the Elton John epsiode, in which a background characters pupil is missing during Any Old Iron. That is on this set, too.
  12. zns

zns Active Member

Say Phil. Could you by any chance add more phots for the valentine special in the episode guide? Please?
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I'll try to get the Valentines page updated with new pictures later this week.

By the way, if anyone has any particular questions about the DVD set that were not answered in the review, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
  14. David French

David French Member

Are the end credits a mixture of UK left-hand and US centred as per the first season set?

Has the cow sound effect been left in at the end of the Julie Andrews episode?

With regards to the Elton John episode UK spot(s), is there a fade to black between the two?
  15. Jenniwin

Jenniwin New Member

What a joke - the UK skits have been included on the DVDs and yet the set ISN'T actually being released on Region 2 in the UK! Looks like I'm only ever going to have Season 1 sitting alone on my shelf as my DVD player and TV can't play NTSC.

Shame on you Disney (and HIT for that matter as we're still not getting a Region 2 release of the Fraggle Rock Seasons) - it makes me so angry!
  16. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

The only reason you dont have Fraggle Rock is because HIT wants to see how the US version does in the UK. As for The Muppet Show you will get it.
  17. lazylaces

lazylaces New Member

Sorry, but whats the valentines special?
  18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

The Muppets did a Valentines TV special in 1974 which was also produced as a Muppet Show Pilot before the Sex & Violence Pilot.

:)
  19. David French

David French Member

Ummm...that isn't right at all. I think you'll find that TV shows are first released in their "home" region (for want of another word) first before it is released in other regions.

I suspect the R2 and R4 versions will come out nearer the end of the year, if not the start of next year.

It was a special recorded for Valentine's Day in 1974 that is considered a Pilot for what became "The Muppet Show". Check the episode guide section of this web site for more info.
  20. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Oh i didnt know the Valentines day special was recorded for Valentines day. [kidding kidding] :o